Chappie 73

Shy Confession

 

Writer’s side:

 

Daehyun, himself doesn’t know since when or why did he fell for her. It sounds absurd, but you may say it as the ‘crush’ at the first sight, you can’t say it was love at that time, but now he’s sure quite sure that it can blossom into a complicating word called as ‘love’ if, he isn’t friendzoned.

 

Daehyun sighed, again. “Seriously, Jung Daehyun? I haven’t known you for a quite time but you’re that nervous for having no breakfast?” Hera chuckled, ‘look who’s nervous, me, Seo Hera’ that’s what she thought. She’s hoping the one who nervous is him and not herself. It hurts to know your feelings are uncertain.

“Hera-ya! Why can’t you say my name?”Daehyun asked, the two are now sitting on the bench. “I don’t know, maybe because we’re not that close yet?” Hera answered. Daehyun snorted “You even called me Fattie! How is that not close?” “Well, I think you’re right.” Hera chuckled. “It feels awkward. To say Daehyun without a ssi at the end, and thinking about it I’m sorry. As a friend.” Hera continued, she did feel sorry calling him without his name from the start, but won’t help it.

“Then, instead of Daehyun-ssi and Mr.Fattie can you call me oppa? Daehyun oppa?” Daehyun shyly said. She whole-heartedly laughed. “Oppa? And why should I call you oppa?” she asked. “Okay, first I’m older than you, second it’s much better to hear than fattie, third…” Daehyun stopped ‘it feels nice to hear the word oppa’ he sheepishly smiled. “You sounded so suspicious but okay then, reasons accepted.” Hera smiled.

“Anyway are the others leaving us?” Daehyun looked around, not sensing any noise. “Yeah right.” Hera nodded. “Eh, no way.” Hera calmed him down. “If they leave us then who’d drive?”Hera . “Maybe they got caught?”Daehyun wondered. “Or not, they forgot us.”Hera continued. “Hera, you know what let’s go to the canteen.”

 

“I’m right.” Daehyun snickered.”Yah  you guys!” they came to the canteen, and there the rest  are holding each a ramen cup, slurping deliciously. “how can you leave us?!” Daehyun shrieked. “Hyung, what about us?”Daehyun asked, wishing for some. “No wait, the canteen hasn’t opened up yet?” Hera asked. “No, not yet they usually open few minutes before the recess.” Himchan answered. Youngjae shook his head “That’s right, Himchan hyung is clever only to these things.” He teased.

“Shut your mouth Yoo Youngjae.” Himchan warned. “Ah, we bought some for noona and hyung too.” Zelo said, slurping his ramen. “Wait I forgot, oppa, want to come to the library usually Madam Go makes some snacks.” Hera offered. “Wait, oppa who? Me?” Himchan pointed at himself, ohh… library is his biggest enemy, Himchan can’t really go inside a library ever before he got kicked out frequently. “Nope, since you guys are eating deliciously… I’m offering Daehyun oppa.” Hera stuck her tongue out. “Oppa let’s go!” Hera dragged Daehyun over towards the library.

“Yah, Daehyun really man up these days.”Himchan whispered. “You’re right, finally that guy.” Yongguk snickered, “But isn’t Daehyun hyung too obvious?” Jongup blurted. “Eh, you’re right, Daehyun is way too obvious” Himchan nodded along with Jongup. “Eiy, what’s important is Daehyun hyung’s not being a coward.” Zelo chirped in, looked like he has finished his ramen. “What are the two doing in the library anyway, should we go?” Yongguk asked. “No, Yongguk hyung you’re too stupid, let the two alone~!” Youngjae sang. “What? Me? Stupid? Yoo Youngjae you..” Yongguk mumbled, well of course glaring the younger with a scary glare. “Nah hyung, you’re just too late to realize the two have improved from to nothing to something.” Youngjae explained.

 

“But at least, should we go stalk them two?” Zelo asked. “Ey, there’s a no need let them bloom by themselves, I bet Daehyun’s having his usual what-should-I-do times.” Himchan slurped on his last taste. “Right and he’d be all quiet.” Youngjae nodded in agreement.

End of writer's side.

Hera’s side:

So, actually I dragged Daehyun-ssi, wait nope oppa to the library, I guess Daehyun oppa and the others would bicker around each other and that’d make us get caught and If I got caught, then it’s horrible. Great.

 

It feels so… weird saying Daehyun with the oppa. But, I liked it. It made me feel like I’m close to him. “So… Jung Daehyun?” I asked, grabbing his attention. “Yeah?” I guess Daehyun was too busy waiting for his ramen to be cooked. “I should call you oppa from now on?” I questioned him again. “Of course~ Why? You hate it?” Daehyun joked. I laughed. “No no, I guess oppa is totally fine, I love it actually, you were all this cold and kinda a jerk but, I guess you’re not really a jerk.” I said in denial, well, he was a jerk. Was. But not anymore to the guy who made me laugh like this, a whole different kind of feeling I got from the others? I guess the reason was because he’s in an unreasonably avoidance before with me and suddenly he gives so much attention, it confused me. Whether he’s sincere or not, whether he’s just playing or not. And whether he has a tiny bit feeling or not, just a tiny bit.

 

“So, I’m a jerk?” He said it, straight to my eyes. I couldn’t help but to admire him, his eyes, his dimples, his smile, and down to his… puffy lips. Everything about him is so perfect yet we stand in a whole different world. He has someone he’s still in love with, and I can’t do anything. Guess talking to Lin unnie would do just fine (unless she won’t spill the secret).

 

I unknowingly sighed and of course he heard it. “Why are you sighing?” “No, it’s just… I don’t know? The feeling for ditching school is… weird.” Good cover-up Seo Hera. “Ah.. you’re the diligent type huh?” he mocked me. I laughed, now I’m pretty sure I’m not only happy because I have friends now, but I’m also happy because I got this guy right here, will protect me somehow although he has someone already.

 

“Your noodles will be soggy, hurry and eat it up.” Daehyun stirred my noodles, and gave it to me. I mumbled a shy thank you and he heard it, again. “Your welcome~” he smiled. That smile, maybe I should just stop staring at him? It made me feel weird. Or maybe I really do like him? I should just stop staring.

 

But… on second thought, my eyes would stick like glue to him. Everything he does… the cute slurping sound he makes and those puffy and full lips… Okay Hera you must stop.

I turned around so my eyes won’t just popped out and seek him and quietly, eating my breakfast.

 

End of Hera’s side.

 

Daehyun’s side:

So I had been a complete jerk to her. Ah… I shouldn’t have done it. I’m ruined… Hera-ya… don’t stare at me like that, please? I just can’t help but to stare you back don’t I?

 

I observed everything about her. She’s beautiful. To the extent I couldn’t take it anymore. My feelings for her although the period is shorter but it feels stronger and stronger day by day, I can’t make it stop, and I won’t, I’ll try harder.

 

But, at this rate, I really can’t eat with me staring at her. I should eat or my stomach will grumble, right. She’s still daydreaming, how cute. Okay, Seo Hera, don’t make it harder for me and eat your noodles alright?

 

I like her, I really really like her for no reasons. I like her, no I do love her for who she is. I love you, Seo Hera. I really am. It just… take a little while when I gain my confidence saying it out to you, but please don’t leave me till that time.

I beg you.

End of Daehyun’s side.