Chappie 9

Shy Confession

Hera’s side:

I struggle to find the principal’s office, I mean the school is really huge and it’s still unfamiliar for me so it’s hard for me to find it at first. But, thankfully I managed to get there, the principal’s office. I knocked slowly at the door and someone pull out the door. “Oh, are you perhaps Seo Hera?” the person who opened the door for me cheerfully asked. This person, who I assumed to be the principal himself, seems to be a friendly and a caring man. “Yes, that’s me.” I answered and flashed a smile, I felt comfortable. “I am Park Haeja, the principal here, I bet your grandpa has already told you about me, right?” he asked. “Yes.” Then I laughed and he followed after. “I knew you and also your sister since you two were born, you used to ride on my back that time, and now look at you, you grow as a beautiful girl.” He then continued. “Thank you,” I stopped confused, what should I call him? “Just call me harabeoji, Hera, like how you used to call me back then.” He said after reading my expressions. “Ne, harabeoji.” I answered him. I really felt comfortable around harabeoji, like he’s my own grandpa. But, according to what he said, he sees me as his own granddaughter, since he does not have any families, yes after some long chat with harabeoji, I found out that harabeoji lives alone and he treated me and my grandpa’s best friends’ grandsons, who is also his best friends’ grandsons as his own grandchildren.

I said that he’s a humor person, but he said he’s famous for his strict and scary figure to the students which is of course surprised me. He told me that, he is the only one in the school who know my identity, and he also told me that he only allowed his best friends’ grandsons to call him harabeoji, that also when they’re alone, because harabeoji is afraid for breaking his scary and strict figure. So, now I also could only call Haeja harabeoji, harabeoji, when they’re not any other students or teachers. This means, I cannot call him harabeoji when the grandsons come because they don’t know who I really am and they also can’t call him harabeoji because of his strong figure. I really get along with harabeoji well, like a family.

After a long chat with harabeoji, I heard loud footsteps, chatters, and lots of laughter. Then, the door opened up, revealing 5 incredibly handsome boys (but I just ignored it) wearing their school uniform.

“Oh! Hara… I mean, Mr. Park.” one boy said then paused after he realized I was there. Then, harabeoji let out a cough and they all greeted him a good morning like what military do.

“Ah, yes, you guys, I need you to accompany her, she’s a new transfer student from SF High, treat her well, you all understand?” harabeoji sternly said while pointing his finger to each one of them.

“Yes!” the boys answered him at unison. I slightly laugh then hold it in. Harabeoji tuned his head on me and said while smiling “Fighting!” while bumping his fist and I do the same.

While the boys there stood in amusement, their jaws are all open. Harabeoji coughed “Now, go before your fan girls came. Oh right here, bring this and keep this it’ll help you if you’re lost.” He said and handing me a GPS. While harabeoji handed me the GPS I thought, seriously, GPS again, not again.

Harabeoji then walked to his principal desk and we excused going and now here I am, on the school’s hallway.

“So...”the boy who nearly said harabeoji earlier said to me. Then I felt 5 eyes eyeing me. “Ah right! I’m Seo Hera; I just transferred from SF High. I’m a junior this year. Please take care of me well.” I said while slightly bowing to all of them.

“I’m Him Chan, Kim Him Chan. Senior this year.” The boy said while flashing a smile on me and I smiled him back.

“Yongguk, Bang Yongguk. I’m the leader of this little group, B.A.P. Same like Him Chan a senior.” Another boy who has a low voice said, on my first impression meeting him, I thought he would be a very scary leader or even a gangster but then it cuts off when he showed me his gummy smile and a slight cute expression and I laughed.

The other boys look a bit startled when their leader showed me his gummy smile and cute expression but I didn’t know what’s going on.

“I’m the brain, Youngjae, Yoo Youngjae. I’m the same like you, a junior this year.” Youngjae said as he flashed a big smile and offered me a handshake and I accepted it.

Then another boy said “Hello, I’m Moon Jongup this year I’m a sophomore. Can I call you noona? ”That boy said and I said “Of course.” and he smiled showing his eye smile.

A tall white boy cheerfully said “Noona, I’m Choi Zelo. The youngest of them all, a sophomore this year like Jongup hyung. ”Then he gave me a big bear hug. “I can’t breathe” I said struggle to get out from his tight hug. “Jello? Is that your real name?” I said I found some difficulties on pronouncing his name. “Noona, its Zelo, Z-E-L-O. Not Jello like Jell-O.” he said spelling out his name then he made a snake sound that sounded like Zees. “Jello, Jello, Jello ah! It’s so difficult to pronounce it! Is it your real name?” I said frustrated, even though I just met him, I’m comfortable with him like a little brother and he seems to be comfortable to seeing me as his big sister.

“Hehe, ani, Zelo isn’t my real name. I’m Choi Junhong, but everyone calls me Zelo. But only for you noona, you can call me Junhong.” He said and smiled and put me into a tight hug again. “Okay, I got it. Now let me go Junhong-ah.” I said and he let me go.

“Ah, yes, I nearly forgot. There is one of us again. But he’s kind of busy so he could not come early today.” Yongguk said checking on his phone it looks like the boy he said about texted him a message.

“You’re okay with that right Hera?” Himchan asked me,

“Ah, yes I’m okay with that Himchan-ssi.” I replied him politely. “Eit, what’s with the manners? Call me oppa. Oppa~” Himchan said and then made his best ‘aegyo’ while saying oppa. I chuckled at his expressions and actions, “Okay, Himchan-ss… Oppa.” I said nearly forgot. “Eheeiiiii… Hera you forgot one person here~” Yongguk said pointing to himself with his two fingers. I laughed then he flashed his signature gummy smile. He looked scary when he had his poker face but turned upside down when he smiled. “Yongguk, OPPA.”I emphasizing the word ‘oppa’ to make him satisfied.  Then he patted and ruffled my head, messing my hair and I pouted, it would take a long time to tidy it so I tied my hair into a ponytail in front of them and they look surprised to see my actions. “Why?” I asked. “A-Aniya, it’s nothing.” Himchan said then shook his head. “Now, should we go to tour a little?” Youngjae said as he patted my back and introduced me to the school.

 

After a little or big tour of the school by B.A.P, we ended up on the school’s garden which I like the most. “This is the garden? Whoa….It is so… fascinating, it has a good match for the garden’s concept which I assumed to be the fairytale like garden isn’t it?” I really like gardening but Junhong said that the school’s garden is abandoned because no one ever pays any attention to the garden. However, even though it is an abandoned garden, the garden is neat, full of colorful flowers, green bushes, and healthy beautiful plants.

“Hera, do you like the garden?” Yongguk said. I nodded. “Wait, this is an abandoned garden by the others but how come the garden is so… yeah you know. Then they all folded their arms and smirked, “Of course we take care of it.” Jongup said and smiled at me, “You take care of it? Whoa… Wow… just wow… You’re amazing!” I said, fascinated by their garden work.

“Ehem, noona, and then we let you to take a look around so you could memorize it a bit.” Junhong said. Then, I left them on the garden to tour myself round the school for one last time before the other students came.

      End of Hera’s side.