Chappie 13

Shy Confession

Writer’s side:

B.A.P (excluding Daehyun) and Hera parted; B.A.P went to their class while Hera went to the office to get her schedule.

>>At the office<<

“Oh, Hera? How do you think about them?” the principal asked Hera. “They’re fun and nice well, except for one person.” Hera commented. “Let me guess, Daehyun right?” Hae Ja harabeoji guessed. “Yes.” Hera answered.

“Don’t worry about him, since Eun Mi left and used them, everyone especially Daehyun became more distant and cold from the others. He’ll open up for sure.” Hae Ja harabeoji, the principal said to her. Hera was curious about Eun Mi but she decided to close her curiosity since she thinks the topic is a little sensitive for everyone.

“AH, harabeoji my schedule, I forgot.” Hera said. “Ah right your schedule. You’re on class 3-B and this is your schedule if you found difficulties finding the classroom, use your GPS okay?”Hae Ja harabeoji handed her the schedule and reminded her. “Yes harabeoji. I’ll get going.” Hera politely excused herself.

      End of writer’s side.

            Hera’s side:

I then looked at the schedule. Great, the first period is English subject one of my favorite subject. I looked at the rest of the schedule carefully and didn’t realize the other students walked through quickly past me.  

Then I take a quick look at the time. There’s still time. Then I tried to find my designated homeroom. But, to my bad, I seemed lost right now. Sigh.

I gave up finding the classroom by my own and use the GPS instead. Really, harabeoji is right. Although I’m a bit late but I’m sure the teacher will forgive it since it’s the first day.

I knocked it slowly and stepped inside. It looks like the teacher just finished gave a long lecture in English because the other students seem too dozed off.

Anyway, here I go…

      End of Hera’s side.

            Writer’s side:

 Hera stepped in; right after Mrs. Baek gave her lecture. “Ah, hello, I’m Mrs. Baek Ji Young, your English teacher, you must be the new transfer student, please introduce yourself.” The teacher said with her English perfect accent.

Hera heard one of the students scoffed silently so the teacher could not hear her but it is hearable for Hera’s sharp ears, “Pft, I bet she could not understand Mrs. Baek means or maybe she could not speak English.” Then her friends, sitting around her made a soft laugh.

“Ah yes I am. I’m Seo Hera; I am a transfer from SF High. Please take care of me well.” Hera spoke with her perfect English accent without any Korean accent in it which surprised everyone including Mrs. Baek herself.

Then, Hera heard that girl spoke again softly, “Ha! It was just an introduction, anyone could do that.” Her friends heard it and then nodded their heads in agreement.

“Now, Hera, you could take the empty seat beside Ms. Song Ha Kyung there. Ha Kyung raise your hand please.” Mrs. Baek commanded.

      End of writer’s side.

            Hera’s side:

I saw a quiet girl raised her hand, I nodded and walked to her direction and then took the empty seat beside her. “Annyeong Hera, I’m Song Ha Kyung. It is so nice to meet you. Can we be friends?” she asked me quietly and shyly. To be honest, I’m so shocked. I never heard the word became friends before.

“Of course!” I cheered silently and she smiled. We both smiled.

Then, Mrs. Baek wrote a paragraph from an English book and asked someone named Jiyeon to read it. I looked at Jiyeon’s full thick makeup face. Ah, she’s the one who’s talking when I’m introducing myself.

She read the paragraph with much difficulties and wrong pronunciation also on top of that the worst Engrish I ever heard. After Jiyeon’s finished with her bad speaking, Mrs. Baek pointed me to read it aloud.

So, I read it aloud. When I’m finished Mrs. Baek praised me “Perfect Hera! You may now be seated.” While Jiyeon there look so much pissed off.

After a good lesson, Mrs. Baek excused herself and is now Math subject. But, the teacher is lazy I think because it’s been around 8 minutes or more but the teacher still hasn’t come. So, I and Ha Kyung chatted with each other for a while.

I examined her face and she sure is pretty. With her straight medium length black hair and big round eyes. “So, Hera, how do you think about the school?” she asked me. “It’s good as now.” I replied. “Ha Kyung ssi, can you accompany me later at lunch?” I bravely asked her and she looked happy “No need to be formal just call me Ha Kyung. Sure I’d love to.” She answered then she smiled. “Ah, Hera when did you born?” she asked. “Emm… December 24th.” “Jinjja? Then you must call me unnie then! September 20th.”She said and do the victory hand gesture. “Okay, Ha Kyung unnie.” I said. “Wait, phone number.” She said and we gave each other our phone number.

We continuously chatted about random things and then she introduced me to the Class President who was sleeping peacefully then Ha Kyung forcefully woke him up. “Yah! Oh Nam Soon!” Ha Kyung shouted at his ear. “Oh? Wae?” the boy woke up. “This is Seo Hera she just transferred from SF High. Hera, this is Oh Nam Soon the laziest class president.” She introduced me to the class president. “Ah, Hello! I’m Oh Nam Soon” he happily said and offered a handshake. I accepted the handshake “Hello too! It’s nice to meet you!” I said. “Let’s be friends!” He said and I nodded.

“Hangout? Later at lunch? How do you think?” Ha Kyung asked “Sounds good.” Nam Soon said. “How about you Hera?” he then asked me. “Well, I offered this first.” I jokingly said and he laughed. “Okay call.” I said.

 

After chatting with Nam Soon, we got back to our original seat and then chatted again. But, nobody cares since the others also chatted with each other’s with loud voices. 

      End of Hera’s side.