Bad mother

Chanyeol before flowers (temporary hiatus)
You lift your head up as you hear a bang on the table. Light is flooding the room and you squint to protect your eyes.

"Are you just going to sit there? Do you not care about education, girl?" You hear a familiar voice.

You open your eyes fully to inspect the tall figure in front of you. She looks as fresh as ever and is wearing a new gold suit and skirt.. Because she doesn't wear enough gold as it is. You must've fallen asleep.. Again. You yawn and stretch your stiff limbs.

"What time is it?" You ask.

"Do I look like a clock?" She responds.

..So rude. What are you even doing here?..You think back to last night.. Her waking you up, you washing your face, you looking for her.. Hot chocolate..

You scratch your head.. Did she really make you that hot chocolate?? You look for indications that last night really did happen, but the table is clean and she's not really doing anything nice towards you.. Infact, she's even ruder.

You stand up and push in your chair and nod in thanks to her for waking you up. She stares as you slowly back out of the room.

"Where are you going?" She asks.

"Errr.. To school??" You bravely reply.

"Sit down" she orders you and you find your seat again. What is with this woman, you wonder. First she wants you out, then she wants to stay.

She turns back to the cooker then turns around with a plate of food: waffles, egg, toast, pancake and bacon. Your eyes widen and your mouth waters as your nose is filled with the amazing smell of food. You can't both control yourself, or harness the hate you have for her and you hadn't eaten last night, or at all for that matter so you dig in.

She walks over to the refrigerator and takes out a pre-prepared plate for herself. You look over at it. A fruit platter. You pause a moment to decide whether she's joking or not. How can she settle for cold fruit while there is hot egg, toast, waffles and other wonders about a metre away?

Her loss. You concentrate on your own breakfast grateful its so filling.

She clears , breaking the silence. "So.. The weddings in 3 days.. I was thinking bridal shopping today..?" Her face looks likes it's trying hard to be kind.

"Are you serious?" You ask in horror. "That girl ran over your son, and you will still allow her to marry him.. ?"

"Well..."

"And he's in hospital right now.." Because of her?"

"Yes but.."

"He could be seriously injured right now because of her, and you still want her to be part of your family?" You narrow your eyes.

"But come on.."

"Do I really have to spell it out for you? After all of that, still her over me?" You ask disbelieving.

"Well your parents aren't exactly Siwon and Kyuhyun of Super Junior Co. are they?"

..makes sense..

"So this is for business?" You put down your knife and fork, disgusted.

"Well.." She tries to reason.

"Not "Well"!.. You're basically selling him.. for your benefit!" You stand up looking down on her.

"Its for HIS benefit!" She tries to explain.

"His benefit?! You're putting him in an unhappy marriage, have you ever thought about that?" You shout trying to make her understand "Do you even like Suho?"

"Well no.. No-one does.." she realises.

You shake your head at her. "You're his mother." Then turn to leave.

"Where do you think you're going???" She asks standing up.

"So now I need permission to leave too?"

"You can't just leave, the others will be here soon! I've booked for us to all go and get fitted!" She says.

"I have school to go to" you say still walking towards the door.

"I'm the head teacher.. I say you can't go!!" She says getting desperate.

"Why do you even want me at the wedding? Are you trying to mock me?" You turn around.

"..Well at first I was.." She looks down "But...Now... It might be good for Chanyeol to have you there."

"Oh so now its what's good for Chanyeol? If I were him I'd hate you." you say honestly.

She's silent for a moment then quietly asks "Does he hate me?"

You shrug and for a small moment you see hurt across her face.

"Okay maybe that was a bit harsh.." You walk back to over where she was.. she looks vulnerable "But you really need to think about what you're doing. Chanyeol is your only child-"

"Me and Tao could make more.." She adds without thinking, then her eyes widen, realising what she said.

Okay.. Eww.. You shall pretend you never heard that. "Is it worth trading him for a successful company?" You ask and before she says something stupid you continue "No its not. Not even if you have hundreds of kids. Chanyeol's a good person, he deserves to be happy and trust me, Suho would make him miserable.."

You look at her to see if its working when the door bell rings. She's in deep thought so you decide to answer it for her.

You open the front door and see Suho, Lay and Xiumin. You were so close to closing it again when you see Luhan, Sehun, Baekhyun and Kyungsoo standing there too. "Come in" you mumble.

"What are you doing here?" Suho complains.

"I can't be bothered with you today. Just go to the kitchen" you tell her in a flat voice.

"Hmpf." She grumbles and she walks off towards the kitchen. Lay and Xiumin follow her obediently.

"How are you feeling?" Luhan hugs you.

"Okay" you shrug "His mother was... looking after me, but this morning was unbelievable.. She told me shes making him marry Suho for her business reasons."

Luhan looks horrified "Can she even do that? Can't he say no?"

"Well with the way things are turning out.. No." You shake your head.

"you, I think you should go to the hospital." Sehun says.

"Now? But.. she wants me to go to the fitting?" You say.

"Are you seriously going to give into what she wants?" Sehun asks, knowing you know the answer.

"No" you answer.

"Go and see Chanyeol" he smiles encouragingly.

"But I don't even know where-"

"I'll take you" Baekhyun says.

You hesistate. You do really want to see him.. But you scared to see him in bad shape.

Baekhyun squeezes your hand "Don't worry."

You look at him gratefully and nod. "Okay, I'll go." He re-opens the front door, and you say bye to everyone before leaving. When outside, you walk to his car where you both get in, and he gives the driver directions.