The truth

Chanyeol before flowers (temporary hiatus)
"Uhh..." You look at Baekhyun, but can't meet his eye, you turn around but see that Kai is blocking the entrance for the door. Crap.

"Baekhyun..." You say.

"Kai.. could we talk in privacy please? Actually.." He gets up "you, follow me"

"Okay" you say following him and feeling like someone who's going to get in big trouble with their parents when they get home. He smiles at Kai "Thanks Kai" he says and walks out the door. You look at Kai and she looks at you confused. "Sorry, he asked me to get you here!" She whispers "come back afterwards for that ice cream!". You nod and continue following Baekhyun, he opens the car door for you and you get inside. Uh oh, you think, there's no escaping.

He gets in but doesn't ask the driver to drive anywhere, at first he's silent. Then he asks "How do you feel?". You look at him confused, you thought he was gonna shout at you for upsetting his 'Channie'.

"Aren't you going to shout at me?" You ask.

"No" he smiles, "what good would that do?.... That'll make two sad people". You look at him.

"Is Chanyeol okay?" You ask

He's the first person to look you in the eye when talking about Chanyeol "He's really confused and upset" he replies shortly.

"What happened?" He asks.

You're not bothered to tell the story.. But its Baekhyun... there's just a comforting side he opens when he sees you're down. That's probably why Chanyeol made such a great friend out of him. He's helped you too, like when Chanyeol was first upset.. He has a lot of patience you realize. He's also great at cheering up people, like you with the light switch dance... You might as well tell the whole story, its the reason you're in this mess in the first place.. And maybe if he finds out he can tell Chanyeol.. Because Chanyeol doesn't want to seem to talk to you..

"Okay" you begin and you tell everything to Baekhyun which happened.

After about 10 minutes, he finally shows some sign of listening.. "So who was the guy feeding you ramen before?" He asks.

"Chen" you answer "the guy that saved me".

"I recognise that name" Baekhyun says surprised. He looks in the expensive looking basket in between your seats and picks out a magazine. He scans the cover and points at the word "Chen". "Wow" he whistles looking at the model on the front. Yep, its Chen alright you think wanting to whistle too. "What's he doing in our school?" He asks.

"I don't know, he's new in the area" you say.

"What's he doing in the area? And what was he doing near that place you were in? Then coming to our school?" He asks confused "doesn't make sense.. Its just all one coincidence" he says. He's silent for a minute. "Stay away from him" Baekhyun finally says.

"Huh?! Why?!!!" You suddenly shout shocked.

"There's just something about him.." Baekhyun says looking confused.

"Baekhyun...." You begin "Baekhyun, Chen is my friend... When no-one else wanted to eat lunch with me or be nice me, he did" and when I couldn't lift up my chopsticks to feed myself, he did." You say signalling to your arm, "He also saved me from those two guys and has been a really nice person to me.." You explain.

Baekhyun watches you when you say this. "Do you like him?" He asks. His question takes you by suprise. "No" you gasp "no I don't".

Baekhyun watched your expression and sees you are telling the truth. "Okay" he says.

Now your turn to ask questions. "Baekhyun" you ask "why did you bring me to Kai's house, and why did you want to talk to me about all of this?" You ask.

"Because Chanyeol's my best friend" he says "....and for the first time in quite a while he's been really happy and excited... But now, its like we can't get him out of this dark hole"

You look down and play with your nails. "Do you like Chanyeol?" Baekhyun asks looking right into your eyes. You hold it for like 2 seconds then look back down at your hands. You don't know how to answer and its silent for a while. "Tell me what you think of him.." Baekhyun prompts. You sigh. Man up you you tell yourself!

" I think he's really... Child-like and cute... But so mature at times..I like his smile" you say then pause briefly "I like the way he says 'Aish'....and the way his nose crinkles when he laughs, I like how he leaves his hair straight nowadays after I told him it looks better, I like how he defends himself against his mother, I like when he can be cute and childlike at time... And I'm starting to like when he drags me" you smile. You look at Baekhyun smiling, then you blush. Errr...

"Okay" Baekhyun smiles "get back to Kai" he pauses and turns serious "but be careful of that Chen..." He gives you his number "if you ever need me". You smile gratefully and get out of the car.