Wake up call

Chanyeol before flowers (temporary hiatus)
Luhan doesn't disturb you like she normally does. You slip quickly in and out of the bathroom for a shower then back to your room. You turn off the light and hope to fall straight to sleep to gain at least a few peaceful hours.

However, sleep doesn't come easy when you need it. You toss and turn in the dark until you can't take it anymore. You throw your covers off and sit up. You can't stop thinking about Chanyeol. Whatever happens he's gonna have to marry her. Even if he declares his love for you, his mother will make it happen.

You sigh and get out of bed. You don't know what to do at a time like this but you decide to go to the living room. Maybe you can find something to watch.

You quietly creep past Luhan's room and open the door. You turn on the TV, get a pillow from the sofa and sit on the floor.

This is what you usually did when you couldn't sleep. You'd come and watch some movies and have some midnight snacks. You remember you don't have any snacks and creep out the room to the kitchen. There's not much in the cupboards but in the freezer there's a big tub of chocolate ice cream. It's cliche and pathetic but it's all you have so you take it, and a big spoon.

You creep back to the living room and sit back on the floor. You need to distract yourself for a couple of hours. What better than to lose yourself in a movie?

You put the ice cream tub on your lap, sit on the pillow and change the TV to one of the many film channels to look for a movie.

You scan the channels and your stomach drops as you come across a movie called 'The bridesmaid'. You let out a little cry and quickly change the channel. On the next channel a movie called the 'The break up' is on. You cling on to your ice cream desperately and change the channel again. Its 'Pororo to the cookie castle' movie... Hmm.. Not really your kind of movie, more Kai's. You change to the next channel again and deflate as you see the movie 'The Wedding'.

"What is with these movies?!" You cry out and crumple on the floor. You punch the floor with your fist "Why. Why. Why. Why."

You lie there for a while until your "Why"s are interrupted by a familiar voice. "Yeah, you need to come quick. She's watching movies about weddings with a bucket of ice cream crying and punching the floor".

You lift your head towards the door. Luhan is standing there in her pajamas, with her hair sticking up, on the phone. "See you in a bit" she says then hangs up her phone.

You quickly wipe your eyes "Who was that?" You ask.

"Kai" she says "Are you ok-" She begins, but then cuts herself off "Well.. By the look of things.."

You groan "Go awayyyy" you put the pillow over your head.

"No. Kai will be here soon. you, you need to pull yourself together! Look at you!" She says.

You stay silent, there's no way you can defend the situation.

"you, don't give up like this. You know he doesn't like her. He loves you, you just need to control yourself together and talk to him tomorrow. Maybe he can talk to his mother" she says.

You think about what she just said.

"...Meh" you say reaching for the ice cream. You shovel a scoop and put it in your mouth. She tries to pull it out but you hold your jaw shut.

"you.." She warns. She looks like our mother.. Scary.

The doorbell suddenly goes and she stands up to answer it. While she's gone you eat more ice cream and make yourself comfortable. Kai suddenly appears round the corner followed by Luhan.

She has a scary look that makes you drop your spoon. "What are you doing?" She asks.

"Urmmm.." You start

She turns on the light flooding the room in brightness. You recoil and hide behind your pillow but she pulls it away. You're forced to look at yourself.

You're wearing an over-sized grey T-shirt, grey jogging bottoms, mis-matched socks. Your hair is all over the place and some icecream has spilt on the floor. Wow.. What has your life come to.

"you, you are sitting here in this pathetic state while some girl with a dodgy haircut is getting ready to marry your boyfriend!" Kai shouts "Is this your way of trying to fight back?!"

You sigh and throw your head back against the sofa.

It's true.. Sitting down watching movies, crying and eating ice cream is not going to solve anything. "...So what am I supposed to do?" You ask.

She calms down and smiles at you. "Get ready, we're going out" she says.

You blink at her "What?!" You look at Luhan, but she looks just as surprised.

"What?" She asks too.

"If you want to sit in and watch movies, we'll do it right." She says "We'll quickly go to the shop and get some snacks and a good movie".

Luhan nods as if she approves.

"But we have school tomorrow?!" You say waving your arms.

"Its better that's what you were doing" she points out. That shuts you up.

"Okay" you sigh. Then stand up, "I'll go.." You look down at yourself "Change...".