Awkwardness Returns

Chanyeol before flowers (temporary hiatus)
You and Chanyeol look at eachother. That's Kai's voice you mouth at him. He nods. A few seconds later Kai and Kyungsoo come round the corner. First Kyungsoo who is wearing a one shouldered, short red dress. Trust Kai to expose her shoulder, you think, rolling eyes but think she looks beautiful nonetheless.

Behind her is D.O who looks surprised and has wide eyes, he stares at Kai timidly. "Kai!" You say warmly and hug her. "Um... D.O! You were so right! There is too much food!" You explain "...so in invited my best friend Kai!" She looks amazing! She has lipstick matching her dress, her hair straight down past her shoulders and she's wearing black heels. "Kai" you explain "this is Kyungsoo" you say pointing at D.O who waves shyly at Kai, she waves back. "This is Chanyeol" you say pointing at Chanyeol who waves politely. "Which one's your boyfriend?" Kai asks excited. Chanyeol's head shoots in your direction "Boyfriend?!" He asks. "Not mine" D.O says shaking his head still staring at Kai. Oh boy.

On the plus side, D.O seems to be really interested in Kai. Really.. Interested in Kai, he seems to forget you and Chanyeol's existence which is bad since you really need to be saved from this awkward situation. Which brings you to the negative side. "Boyfriend?!" Chanyeol asks again delightfully. "So you are my girlfriend?" He works out "okay!!" He says beaming. Oh no.. You put your head in your hands, "Chanyeol.. I only said th-" you're interrupted by the doorbell. D.O snaps out of his trance and quickly goes to the door. He returns a couple seconds later with Baekhyun and Sehun who are in suits and Luhan who is dressed in a turquoise with her golden hair up.. Wooow, you think, she looks amazing.. Everyone looks amazing! You smile to yourself as you look around your new and old group of friends. Suddenly you are interrupted by the sound of glass.

"Everyone" Chanyeol begins and everyone looks at him "I'd like to propose a toast!" He says "to me and you" Everyone starts clapping, everyone except Kai looks confused. "Really?! Since When?" Asks Sehun looking interested. Omg. Someone needs to stop him. "Now.." He drawls "we haven't been dating for long, but... I've always known that she liked me" he smiles at you. Omg. For goodness sake. You look for a bridge to jump off.

"EVERYONE let's eat!!" You quickly shout before he can continue.. Oh gosh. Everyone takes a seat - Baekhyun, you on his left, then Chanyeol on the other side of you, then D.O next to Chanyeol, then Kai next to D.O, then Sehun next to Kai, then Luhan next to Sehun who sits on the other side of Baekkhyun.

You look around.. So far so good.. Kai doesn't look uncomfortable next to Sehun or Luhan, but you didn't really have any concerns with Luhan and Kai, they've known each other for years and Luhan adores Kai. You notice though, that Sehun looks really happy and keeps staring at Luhan. Awww, you think, its really sweet. You decide to relax a bit.

"So what are we having?" Kai asks cheerfully. "Spaghetti Bolognaise" D.O says approaching the table with bowls full of food. "Really?!?!" Kai asks eyes excited and amazed. "That's my favorite dish!" She says. "I hope you enjoy it then!" He replies. You cough "actually D.O cooked it all by himself" you say to Kai "impressive huh?" You say wiggling your eyebrows up and down. D.O serves everyone food and they all gratefully accept. Everyone eats in silence for the first few seconds then the conversation starts up.

"So, Chanyeol where were you at school today?" Baekhyun asks "I didn't see you". "I was on a date with you" he says casually. "In the middle of school?!" Baekhyun asks. "Yes! We went to dinner!" Chanyeol looks so happy he could die. "Okay.." Baekhyun shakes his head. "So how long have you two been dating?" He asks instead. About 10 minutes?< You think in your head. "You two are so cute together!" Luhan beams. What is this? She's supposed to be family! Where's the loyalty?! You reach out to kick her under the table to get her to stop but you kick a manly leg instead. "Oowwwwwwwww" Sehun suddenly shouts. Ooops. You remember you're wearing heels "What's wrong?!" Luhan asks him instead. "So.. Kai! How do you like the food?!" You say watching her carefully.

She doesn't even hear you.. She's completely mesmerized by her bowl. You turn to Chanyeol looking impressed and nod. You admit the meatballs and sauce are extraordinary, as is the pasta surprisingly, but the vegetables you cooked are a bit on the dodgy side. You quickly look around everyone's plate and see the majority of their meatballs and pasta gone but a pile of vegetables left. Hmpf. You eat yours with pride, then gag. They taste horrible, how can you mess up vegetables?! Chanyeol notices you gag and asks if you're okay and passes you a glass of water. "Yes..." You whisper "eat your vegetables!". "No thanks" Chanyeol says shivering. Gosh.

The first person finished is Kai. You look at her when she's done. She looks in love. Woah! You think, result! "That was amazing!" She suddenly says to D.O with such wide and suprised eyes "that was actually the best spaghetti I've ever tasted". "Thank you" D.O says blushing and looking away shyly. "What did you put in those meat balls?" He laughs "secret". She laughs "you're a really good cook" she smiles. "Thanks.. I'm glad you enjoyed my food" he says smiling. He finished his food, but you, Chanyeol, Sehun, Baekhyun and Luhan were still finishing up. "Hmm, I should go get dessert ready.." D.O says. "Oh, do you want some help?" Kai asks. "Okay" D.O says smiling "thank you". They both disappear into the kitchen and its just the 5 of you left.

"Check out Kyungsoo and Kai!" Sehun says whistling. D.O pokes his head round the corner red, "I heard that" he says. You all laugh. Everyone's finished and is just talking. You and Luhan are talking, and Baekhyun, Chanyeol and Sehun. Then Sehun talks to Luhan and you and Baekhyun and Chanyeol talk. Then you and Chanyeol chat with Luhan and Baekhyun and Sehun talk. About 20 minutes passes, then you ask Chanyeol "where's Kyungsoo and Kai?" Chanyeol shrugs. "Shall we go and see if they need any help?" You ask. "Sure" he says getting up and pulling your chair out. You both walk to the kitchen.