Unexpected kindness

Chanyeol before flowers (temporary hiatus)
After a couple of hours or trying to cheer each other up and distract yourselves, everyone starts to leave.

Although you want nothing but to go home and fall into a deep comfortable sleep, you can't bring yourself to leave. You know he won't come home tonight, it wasn't a little cut on the knee.. It was a huge gash on his head.. You shiver imagining it. Baekhyun looks up while putting his on jacket, then walks over to you.

"Try not to worry too much" he smiles "I'm pretty sure he'll be fine.. He's probably.. joking around and getting on his mother's nerves right now" he weakly jokes.

You can't help but smile.. that sounds like Chanyeol. You get a wave of sadness again but keep it in as you hug and wave everyone goodbye at the door. Baekhyun is the last to leave and he pulls you into a hug and ruffles your hair before he goes. You stretch after closing the door, then wonder over and sit down on the comfy sofas with a sigh. You lean your head on your arms and wonder how Chanyeol is.

...

You snap awake from the sound of a bang followed by loud clicking. You open your eyes and look around.. its really dark, but you can hear something.

"Hello??" You call.

You hear a surprised gasp and hear the owner of that gaps walking over to somewhere in the room.

Suddenly, the room is flooded in light and you see the familiar figure of President Kris. She sighs of relief and relaxes.

"What are you doing here?" She asks accusing.

Crap you must've fallen asleep! You look down on yourself, you're still in your uniform, your sleeves are tear stained and you can feel that your eyes are really puffy. You look up at her and sniffle.

"Umm.." You don't know what to say to her.

"Get up" she commands.

Great. You know she's going to throw you out. Usually you'd be mad at her cold heartedness, but you can't be bothered to complain.

You get up and start to walk towards the door.

"Where are you going?" She asks.

"Huh??.. Uhh..I'm.." You're confused.

"Go to the bathroom and wash your face" she says.

"Wha..?" You ask. Now you're really confused.. You look at her but her expression doesn't change.

She sighs.

"Fine! You can use my creams" she rolls her eyes "but be quick!"

"Uh.. Y-yes ma'am..?" You stutter and quickly run towards the bathroom. What is this? You ask yourself.. You thought she was going to kick you out... Now she's being... Nice???

You lock the door behind you and sigh. You walk over to the mirror and look at your reflection. You look awful.. You couldn't have been asleep for too long but you've got dark circles under your eyes and you just look stressed. You run the tap and throw cold water onto your face. You keep doing it until your hands are freezing and grab the nearest towel to wipe your face.

On the counter next to the sink is a collection of tubed and potted creams, they all look really tempting but in the end you just settle for the first one you find that's open, a vanilla cream. After putting it on, you run your fingers through your hair and tie it up in a bun out of your face.

Well you feel much better now, but you wonder what wrath awaits you when you leave.. You walk to the door and leave the room, vigilant of any sudden movements from the faced skyscraper. You don't hear anything so you relax and walk towards the living room. The lights still on, but no-ones in there, so you walk around to look for her.

You know better than to go in any of the rooms unsupervised and just stick to walking around the corridors. Soon enough you hear something.. Like clinking. You peep your head round the corner and President Kris leaning against a counter in the kitchen mixing 2 mugs of something hot with a spoon.

What is this?!

She turns and spots you, then you see her put up her guard and stiffen into the hard looking woman she is.

"What are you doing out there? Come in then!" She shouts.

You step in awkwardly and cough. "Thanks for the cream"

She turns back to the mugs and stirs. Who would've guessed she does anything herself.. She suddenly turns and places the mugs on the kitchen table.

"Sit." She says.

You jump, and for some reason, immediately go to the table and sit down. She joins you after a while and pushes the mug to you. You eye is suspiciously.

There's frothy cream holding a sprinkle of mini marshmellows and a chocolate flake...

Wtf.. She's trying to kill you!!

Your eyes twitch, but you inhale and smell the drink. You nearly melt. It smells like the most smoothest, indulgent hot chocolate ever. How the heck did she make them with those claws?

Oh, it looks so goooood.. But she's tried to kill you before.. You shouldn't be accepting drinks from her so soon..

"Why are you staring? Drink it." She says.

"Yes ma'am" you instantly reply and pick it up.

Well.. You tried..

You gulp it down. Oh crap! Its so delicious!!! It feels like happiness being poured into your soul, or whatever other cheesy things you can say.

You continue drinking, not even stopping for air.

"I used to make that for Chanyeol when he was little" you hear a voice.

You lower your cup and glance at President Kris.

"..Used.. To?" You ask.

"When he was sad, to cheer his up. I think I gave him too much because he won't shut up now." She says bluntly.

You scratch your head in thought. She used to make these for Chanyeol when he was sad.. That's quite... Motherly, you suppose. Now she made you one.. Well it doesn't take a genius to guess you're sad.. Your heart drops at the thought of him.

"So are you drinking one too?" You ask.

"No I'm having hot water with a slice of lemon" she says.

"I see.." You offer. Quite a comforting drink..

You pick up your drink again. Your mind wanders to Chanyeol smiling, you have a strong urge to see and hug him. Your heart feels heavy at the thought of him alone in hospital.

"How is he?" You ask expecting the worst.

"He's going to be okay." She says simply "He is my son after all"

You nod.

"The doctor said that they'll run some tests, but in a weeks time he should definitely be able to go home. The only threatening thing is the wound to his head." She says. She gulps, then quickly chugs some lemon water to cover it up.

You look at her as she looks down into her glass. Under the face she hides a lot of emotion and you can see them wanting to come out. She's obviously worried for her child, and no doubt she cares. You can tell she's stressed and sad inside, she looks like she needs the hot chocolate.

You both sit in silence as you finish your drinks..