Back Home

Chanyeol before flowers (temporary hiatus)
"Mother I have a girlfriend.. And its not Suho" Chanyeol breaks his silence. He tries to hold eye contact with you but you look down.

"Nonsense. Shall we have a toast?" President Kris claps at some maids who then bring forward a tray full of drinks. "Such a beautiful couple!"

The maid places a drink on the table in front of all of you. You just stare at it. President Kris and Suho are the only ones who pick up their glasses. Baekhyun nudges you, you turn your head to him. "Are you okay?" He asks "Don't take it seriously... It can't be real.." He says but doesn't sound like he believes himself.

"You're not serious are you?" Sehun asks President Kris. That's exactly what you want to ask. She's not stupid, Chanyeol has told her before you were dating, she caught you at a restaurant together and even tried to split you up.

face initiated. Her smile drops like a hot potato.

"Excuse me?" She asks. "You think I'm a woman who jokes?" Sehun holds up his hands defensively.

"President Kris?" You ask.

She reluctantly turns to you "Yes?"

"Why don't you just leave me and Chanyeol alone?" You ask bluntly. Her face loses the fake friendliness it held before.

"..If you don't mind, and I don't care if you do.. You can leave now." She says.

You don't need to be told twice, you stand up and head towards the door followed by Baekhyun and Sehun. Before you open the door you turn to Chanyeol who watching you with a pained expression on his face.

You walk out towards the car where Luhan opens it for you from the inside. As you enter she sees your expression. "What happened?" She asks.

"I'm gonna be a bridesmaid to my own boyfriend's wedding to another girl" you say miserably.

Luhan laughs shocked "What?" She looks at Sehun but sees his expression is serious and asks with more worry "What?!?"

You shrug. Baekhyun is last in the car and asks the driver to take you all home.

You all sit in silence on the journey home, lost in your own thoughts. Yours is blank, you can't comprehend what had just happened. One minute you and Chanyeol had gotten back together and the next he's getting married. You sink back into your seat and wait for you to arrive at your house.

After a 20 minutes journey that felt like a lifetime, the car draws to a halt. You undo your seat belt then get ready to leave, you're about to get up when Baekhyun holds your arm. You look at him and he smiles kindly. He goes out first, followed by Luhan who take the bags. You say a small bye to everyone then get out the car.

Luhan opens the front door to your house and Baekhyun carries both of your luggage inside. You close the door of the car then follow them in. While they're sorting out where to put the luggage in the living room you decide to be pathetic and go straight to your room.

You're about to flop on your bed when you hear a knock on the door. You delay the flop, get up and open it. Its Baekhyun.

"Are you okay?" He asks.

You nod. He stares at you for a bit then grabs you into a hug. Suddenly, the mind block disappears and you're able to think straight. Your eyes start to water and you start to cry. Baekhyun hugs you until your eyes run dry.

"Are you okay?" He asks when he lets go.

You nod again, with just a bit more truth. "Thanks Baekhyun" You say look only at the floor. If you were to look at him in the eye and see pity you'd start crying again.

"Sorry.. I think I'm gonna head to bed now.." You say.

He looks around awkwardly "Well it is late.." You steal a glance at the clock too. It's 11pm.

"Goodnight you, I'll see you tomorrow at school.." he says then leaves.

"School..." You remember. You groan then flop onto your bed.