Chapter 79. Even when it hurt

Stop All the Pretend things

Love is not about letting go
Love is all about holding on when its hard.
-Luhan-

 

The black car drove recklessly to the Seo’s residence, fortunately the security knew the car and opened the gate even before the car arrived in front of it. if he was late he could imagine the Seo would cut his salary.

Luhan opened the door of Seo with rush, the maids in that house had been accustomed with Luhan, not only he was the friend of their young master but he was the fiancee of the only Seo’s princess. Yet the maids never saw this type of Luhan before, he didn’t smile and his looks could kill someone.

As wise as they were, they let him wander by himself. The Im Young master knew where should go.

“Ah, Luhan.” Changmin stopped him when he walked toward Seohyun’s room.

Luhan looked at Changmin and bowed down a little, “Hyung. Can I meet Seohyun?” He asked him with polite but impatient tone.

Changmin looked at him carefully, he was businessman, he was taught to observe people and he knew that Luhan was restless. “Sure.” He nodded, but before Luhan walked away he held his elbow, “But wiped those expression from your face. You don’t want to scare Seohyun right?” changmin said.

Luhan starled but understand what Changmin said. He inhaled deeply. “Yes, hyung.”

“Whatever happened to you, don’t ever release it to Seohyun.” He said, “Ever heard, what you don’t know wouldn’t hurt you?” Changmin told him crypticly, but somehow Luhan knew it.

Was it about the fact he just know? He wanted to confirm with Changmin but then what?

“I want to spare Seohyun from as much as pain I can, and you want to do the same right?” Changmin asked perceptively. He was no fool, and he was smarter than what people thought he would be. He was not only puppet, he knew the dark side of business well, yet he still had heart.

Luhan nodded, “Yes hyung.”

“Good.” Changmin approved, and let him go.

Luhan sighed and turned his back, as he watched Changmin started to walk away. “Hyung.” He called him. Changmin turned his back and saw him, “I am not going to let her go.” He said solemnly. “Even if it kills me.”

Changmin looked at Luhan’s determined face, “Just protect her.” Changmin said, “And let go if she wanted.” Changmin remained looking at him, he saw Luhan’s seriousness but he knew it wouldn’t be easy. “You are still young.”

As Changmin walked away, Luhan walked to Seohyun’s room. He schooled his expression to smile one, “Joohyun-ah, busy?” he asked her.

Seohyun raised her head from the book, “Oppa!” she smiled toward him, and walked to him. “I'm just reading a book, why didn’t you call if you wanted to come?” she asked.

Luhan held the urge to hug her, instead he caressed her hair. “I just wanted to meet you.” He said.

Seohyun titled her head in confusion, “But we just met in school,” she said innocently.

They sat in the sofa and said “I miss you” making Seohyun blush.

“Oppa!” she protested, her heart beating so fast in her chest. She felt her face burned slightly, and become warmer. Why did this always happen with Luhan now?

Luhan chuckled, “So cute.” He said and pinched her cheeks, “Joohyun,” he whispered her name slightly, and pulled her.

Seohyun felt her heart stopped for a while, she closed her eyes as soon as Luhan’s face was so close with her. well, they kissed, and nowadays they did a lot but that didn’t mean Seohyun get used of it.

She blinked when she felt her head leaned on Luhan’s chest, and Luhan’s arm wrapped around her. She could hear Luhan’s heart beat, “Oppa?” she frowned. Luhan seemed so strange today, “Are you okay?”

“Mm?” Luhan caressed her hair, “Yes. I am okay. Why?”

“Because oppa seemed down. Are you sad? Or are you worried about Yoona’s Eonni?” Seohyun bombared him with concern, she wanted to see Luhan’s face but he just kept hugging her.

“Somehow.” Luhan said with guilt, because of lying and Yoona occupied just very little place in his mind. “Seohyun-ah, we will never called off our engagement, okay?” he asked assurance.

“I think so.” Seohyun nodded shyly. “But oppa, Sehun oppa said he wants Yoona eonni be happy.”

Luhan laughed bitterly, “Does it look like she's happy?” Luhan asked her, “That jerk just wanted his own happiness.” Unconsiously Luhan’s arm tightened, because he knew that Sehun’s happiness is with his own fiancee.

“Oppa?!” Seohyun startled when the hug became so tight.

“Don’t say that jerk's name Seohyun-ah. We will not end things like them. I will never let you go.” He said surely, “Can you promise that you will do the same?”

Seohyun looked up to him, “Sehun-oppa let go because they don’t love each other.” Seohyun said and looke away, “I know how things work in our society oppa, we all are engaged for the family's benefit. I am not saying that it is very bad, Although it seemed foolish but I want everyone to be happy. Sehun oppa loved someone else, and he is brave to tell everyone. But somehow I am sad, because he and Yoona eonni are so perfect together.” She said, and stare to Luhan’s face. “But we are different.”

“Our family approve us, they wanted us together and I think...” Seohyun started to blush, she looked down unable to look at Luhan’s face. “W-we..”

“We?” Luhan encourage her. he had already admitted in front of Seohyun even and he wanted to hear it from Seohyun.

“We...I...” Seohyun stuttered, she blushed so hard, until all the skin on her body so red. “I like oppa.” She said it.

Luhan couldn’t hold his happiness, above of all things Seohyun finally started to fall for him, he wouldn’t let anything get in his way, even he had to fight his own family. He would win it, he wouldn’t let her go. Especially with Oh Sehun waited for her.

He rained Seohyun face with butterfly kiss, and saying the three sacred words. “Thank you, Seohyun-ah.” He said, “I will never let anything get in our way.” He said with full determination. “I will never let you go.” Even it killed me.

Seohyun only could nod in Luhan’s hug. Although she felt something, Luhan hid something and Luhan couldn’t tell her. if Luhan couldn’t tell her yet Seohyun would wait patiently.

She closed her eyes and drown into Luhan’s warmth.



Crying was futile. Kris remained himself thousand times, he knew it. Hence he wouldn’t cry anymore after what his mother said to him. Is he not familiar with that words? When was the last time his mother said nice things to him?  He can't even remember, years ago maybe?.

He would get over the heavy feeling in his chest as soon as possible. He knew it. He was really a beggar, begging for something impossible. He had been begging since he knew how his mother never stared at him right to eyes. How his mother would only hug Seohyun but never Kris.

How easy his mother smiled at Seohyun.

“Then find someone who would love you.”  Kris was snapped by Jessica’s words. She was harsh, she didn’t pat his shoulder or even hug him. She picked fight with him as soon as possible.

She wasn’t like Minseok who neutral of the political problem of Im and Seo family. Heck, she was even right in the centre of whirpool of conflict, she didn’t offer comfort. She even didn’t ask him about the problem. But somehow, Kris bared all his vunerability in front of him.

Why? He never told Minseok even. He wouldn’t want anyone see him as weak as a beggar, but he wanted to tell Jessica. when he was in pain the first face that he saw was Jessica’s face. he wanted to see her, perhaps she would understand.

His rational side was saying that she would never understand, that that girl didn’t know how to love someone, but then, Jessica’s small back appeared in his mind. How those small back walked alone in the middle of crowded myeodong. How she ate her birthday cake alone. How she cried in front of him after their engagement party.

Then Kris knew that she would understand, they had the same pain. They could cry together and no one would judge them. Even they are reluctant to lend their shoulder to each other.

Suddenly the urge of meeting Jessica became stronger. He wanted to see her, even just to argue over trivial things. Funny because just few days ago Kris stayed in her apartment. Perhaps she could lift the heavy things in his heart.

He got up and took his jacket he wanted to see her soon. He walked down to the corridor where Seohyun’s room at. At least he could tell his sister, he frowned when he saw her door opened. Kris took long stride to the door, his gut said that Im Luhan was here.

“YAH!” he yelled when he was looking to the room. “What are you doing to my sister?” he stride to the sofa.

Seohyun was peacefully asleep, in Luhan’s arm. The later played with her hair, and reading from his phone.

“Sst, Jerk!” Luhan warned him, “Your sister just fell asleep.”

“Then you used opportunity to molest her!” Kris accused him, “Get away you molester!!”

“Molester?” Luhan asked back with the unbelieve tone, “Hypocrite.” He shot back.

“Hypocrite?”

“Yes, you do know what is means right?” then Luhan pretended to click his tounge, “Ah I forget, your brain couldn’t process its meaning.”

“YAH!!” Kris yelled althought in small voice, afraid to wake his sister up. “I know it. I am not hypocrite, I never molest your sister right?”

Luhan rolled his eyes, “But you stay in her apartment for days, then what are you doing with her? You ert!”

Then it clicked on Kris mind, the only people and that he stayed night with was Jessica. Luhan saw Jessica as his sister? He was hostile towards her but he thought of her as sister now?

“You think her as your sister now.” Kris blurted out.

“What?” Luhan annoyingly asking him then realized what had he said seconds ago. He was silence in stupor also, since when he thought of her like that? Since when?

 


Despite after their argument, Luhan and Kris sat down in the balcony of Seohyun room. Luhan had put Seohyun into the bed and no way in hell Kris would left him without survillance.

“Hey Kris!” Luhan called him, “I am not going to break up with Seohyun.” He said despite his guilty feeling. He still didn’t know how to approach the matter with Kris yet, and he didn’t want to rush it until he considered it all.

Kris looked at him, “Who is going to break you with her?” Kris asked him back. He could feel Luhan’s seriousness in air, it almost choked him. Kris laughed bitterly, “Our family support it 100%. Well, of course how could they don’t. My parents think you are big catch, the Im heir. And your family would think that Seohyun is the perfect wife for you.”

Luhan wanted to say that Kris' assumption was wrong, his family had prepared to call off it when the disaster strucked Seo. When the secret of Seohyun’s birth revealed. “Just in case. Something happened, and my family or yours would break the engagement, can I have you as my back up?” Luhan asked him.

Kris rolled his eyes, “What the hell is wrong with you? You talk as if its gonna happen. I am sure sun rised from west first before they called off the engagement.” Kris exhaled “And if it’s because Yoona and Sehun engagement? I don’t think It would happen to yours.”He chuckled sarcastically, “Even blind person could see that you are infatuated by my sister.”

Luhan shook his head, “It’s not infatuation.”

Kris shuddered, “Don’t talk about love crap with me! Damn it! We are not girls!” he yelled to Luhan. And seemed disgusted with the idea.

“Well, I love her.” Luhan said.

“I know! I know!” Kris rolled his eyes. “Really, you are the cheesiest man alive.”

“It’s not cheesy, it’s fact I love her so damn alot. Even more than life it self.”

Kris shuddered, “Stop it! that is my sister we talked about. Can you save those cheesy line for yourself or even for Minseok. I will vomit if you talk about it again.” He said. “You are ing crazy for a young man.”

Luhan chuckled. “I know well with whom I want to spend my life with.”

“Fortunately not with me.”

Luhan waved Kris words without paying attention to it. “I can’t Kris! I don’t think I can be like Yoona. She loves that bastard so much but she let him go, for what? Pride? Even it for Im’s pride I cannot.”

“Why do you keep talking like its gonna happen? Really what's wrong?” Kris asked in his confusion. “But it wouldn’t happen Luhan.”

“And if it happened?” Luhan asked him back.

Kris sighed, and looked to the garden, he blew his bangs, “I am gonna have your back. I don’t like you that much with my sister but I think you are going ing crazy without her.”

Luhan smiled to him, “Thanks Kris.” He punched Kris’s upper arm. “I will have your back also.” Although he wasn’t quite sure how. Even now, he hid the crucial information for Kris. Even now his conscience eating him up.

“yeah..yeah.” Kris said flatly. He knew that Luhan hid something but in their friendship they hid lot of things. They didn’t make the friendship based on trust but based on family connection, yet Kris still thought Luhan as his own friend.

Luhan thought Kris was the biggest soft hearted bastard ever.






i am really touched when I saw lot of comment of this story

and you guys seemed still reading this story, I admit that lot of things happen in our life and also in snsd and Exo, so it made me down for a while

but I will try not to dissappoint you guys now, I will keep writing this story until end, by the way it would end soon. as the secret started to unfold

thanks for your support, subscribe, comment and upvote

give me many comment, I love to read that

Love you all

Echoleshyver

 

edited: heartsica 7/15/2016 6:13