Chapter 16. Baby don’t cry

Stop All the Pretend things

They said love was like the flower in garden
You have to water it, cultivate it so it can grow everyday
But you couldn’t choose the where the seed will fall right?
That’s why people fall for the wrong person
~Mr. Mushy (Park Chanyeol)~

“Then how you do this?” Baekhyun asked Sehun again, Baekhyun was in Sehun studio just to come and asking about math problem.

Sehun already wanted to pulled his hair from his head, this time was the 22 times he explained the same problem. “YAH!” Sehun yelled, the only one that could make him yelled was the time when he should teach Baekhyun or Chanyeol. “Don’t you remember? Make it became exponent first!!”

“Oh!! don’t yell at me! I understand!” Baekhyun said, “I just need you to say the first step, then I will do the rest.” He boasted.

Sehun would jumped from Himalaya mountain if he really did, he sure 100% That guy would ask again. Byun Baekhyun was genius in singing but dumb in math. Super dumb, stupid, and what ever its name.

“Sehun-ah!” Baekhyun tucked his shirt again, with shy face, “After that you have to substract....”

Sehun gritted his teeth. “You said you could do the rest!” he calmed himself and said in sarcasm.

“Human could forget also! I am only human!” he said defensively.

“But normal Human wouldn’t forget something that people had teach him 22 times in this one hour.” Sehun stated.

“Really?” Baekhyun said in amazement, “We have studied one hours, Daebak!” baekhyun admire that fact sincerely, “Byun Baekhyun you are great, you have learnt one hours!”

Sehun facepalmed mentally, he was a little bit ashamed to hear that from his best friend. He glanced in his corner of eyes that Kai and Zelo both of his dancing friend laughed hard until die. “You learn one hours just to one problem, and yet you still couldn’t do that!” Sehun explained to Baekhyun.

“But isn’t it great! This time is the longest time I study, do you think I can get the big ten place at school?” Baekhyun asked Sehun optimistly,.
This guy was really amazing. Sehun hated it but he had to blast Baekhyun bubbled. “Just like I think pig can fly!” he said flatly.

Baekhyun pouted, “You are really pesimistic person. Yoona is really unlucky to get you as fiancee.” He yelled.

“Yeah, and I am really unlucky to have you as friend.” Sehun said again.

Kai and Zelo laughed really hard, seeing both of that Chaebol family son bickering. They came here to learn dancing but since Baekhyun came to their practice room they were busy to laugh.

“Yah!” Baekhyun yelled, “I am your bestfriend much better than Chanyeol or D.O you know.”

Sehun just hissed and ignored Baekhyun, “Let’s practice.” He said to Kai and Zelo who was busy to laugh.

“But..but...”Baekhyun tugged Sehun t-shirt, and stare him with puppy eyes, “How about my homework?” Baekhyun pleaded at him.

Sehun sighed heavily, because he knew that would be worth less, Baekhyun didn’t understand although he had explained it thousand times. “Just lend Luhan homework!”

“Luhan is stingy, he won’t lend me.” Baekhyun sulked, “And You are my best friend right?” He tugged again Sehun shirt.

Sehun wanted to face-palmed himself, he breathed heavily. “Let go!” he tried to pull his clotches from Baekhyun, but Baekhyun quite persistent.

“Where you want to go?” Baekhyun asked him in dramatical way.

“Just let go!” he said and then get out from the room, he was really need to get out before he was exploded. Sehun walked to the restroom  when he passed the piano room.

People might be didn’t know but some of dance student passed the music room often, just to see Seohyun played piano, Sehun couldn’t blamed them she was like the princess wherever she goes.

Sehun stood frozen when he heard an unusual voice from the music room, he opened the door slowly. The room was so dark unusual because he knew that Seohyun usually play piano until late.

Sehun walked inside slowly when he saw Seohyun who sat souless in front of the piano and just played the same melody, she was absorbed in her mind. Sehun wanted to greet her but he stopped himself when he saw Seohyun’s eyes b with tears. He didn’t know but he wanted to hug her, to comfort her, to wipe her tears, to said everything will be okay. She looked so fragile, hurt and beautiful...

Her phone ringing, and it pained Sehun to see that Seohyun quickly wiped her tears, and put the phone to her ear, “Yoboseo.” She made her voice cheerful. “Oh, Luhan-oppa...”

Sehun didn’t know but he felt pang in his heart when he knew who was calling her, Luhan. Sehun shook his head, Luhan would comfort Seohyun if she was sad, it was not Sehun business. Seohyun was Luhan fiancee, and Sehun hated conflict he didn’t want to know Seohyun problem.

Yeah, just because Seohyun make everyone wanted to protect her, that’s why Sehun wanted to comfort her. Yeah, everyone in his position would think the same. He convienced himself before went out quitely.


Luhan knew something wrong with Seohyun, although Seohyun said that she was okay. Luhan knew from the start Seohyun was crying before because her eyes was alittle bit tearry and puff, but Luhan didn’t want to force her to tell him.

“Where we go oppa?” Seohyun asked him when she realized that Luhan was not heading her home.

Luhan smiled to her, “A place. Do you have to come home early?” Luhan asked her again.

Seohyun shook her heads, and titled her heads cutely, “Why oppa suddenly want to go?” she asked in confusion.

“Because you are sad.” Luhan anwsered her.

“I’m not sad.” Seohyun denied quickly, she didn’t want Luhan asked her to tell about it.

“I know you are sad.”Luhan said in firm tone, “so I would like to visit this place.” He said, “Come on!” Luhan unbuckled his own seat belt, before opening the door, and went to passanger seat.

Seohyun hesistated but he did also the same things. “Where will we go. Oppa?”

Luhan ignored her question and smiled widely, “You will know when you are there.” Luhan said. “Let’s go.” Seohyun and him goes to the building, “Minseok and I often go to this cafe, They sell the best bubble tea ever..” Luhan explained to Seohyun.

Seohyun nodded, that showing she understand what Luhan mean, “so oppa wanted to go there? Oppa like bubble tea?” She asked Luhan again.

Luhan shook his head, “Not really, but you like sweets right? What do you like vanilla?” Luhan tapped his own chin, he smiled when Seohyun nodded her heads, Luhan had know Seohyun favorite flavor since Seohyun always order the same ice cream and also Seohyun likes white.

“Let’s get in!” Luhan opened the door and letting Seohyun get in first.

“Thank you, oppa!” Seohyun said softly. She was stared amazely at the cafe interior, so neat and all was painted in white with some photo neatly hang on the wall. One photo that attracted Seohyun attention, Minseok, Luhan and Kris who hold their bubble tea cup and smiled widely to camera. “Oppa, is that you and Kris oppa.”

Luhan also shock looked at the picture, he didn’t think that still their photo hang there, that were they in elementary school. “Eish, I have told Chen to put it down!” he muttered.

“You are so cute.” Seohyun giggled. “I don’t know if Kris oppa had aegyo face.” She said.

“Don’t see again! It’s embarassing.” Luhan spunned Seohyun to turn around and choose a table.

“why?” Seohyun asked innocently.

“What kind of bubble tea you want? Chocolate or Vanilla?” Luhan asked Seohyun another things, so they wouldn’t discuss about the photo. Luhan would talk to chen to put it down.

“Vanilla.” Seohyun answer, and a waiters with high cheek bone, greet them.

“Hi Luhan!” he waved cheerfully, “And who is this beautiful lady?” He asked Luhan, and looked at Seohyun.

Luhan rolled his eyes, “Joohyun-ah, this is Kim Jong Dae or you can call him Chen and Chen she is Seohyun, My Fiancee.” He emphasized the last words.

“Annyeonghaseo, I am Seo Joohyun, but you can call me Seohyun.” Seohyun politely introduced her self. And she bowed 90 degree.

“I am Chen. You can call me Chen-oppa.” He said carelessly although Luhan had shot him a death glared. “So what can I get you? Seohyun-ah?” he asked her like they were already close.

“Vanilla, and give me the same flavour too.” Luhan said before Seohyun answered it. Knowing that chen was the troll, he could make fun of everything.

Chen shook his head like he had already know something, “You always drink the same thing with the girl you bring here.” He joked around that  making Luhan and Seohyun eyes buldge.

“YAH!” Luhan yelled.

“Oops!” Chen pretended closing his mouth, then winked, “but she is the most beautiful one too.” Chen went to the kitchen before Luhan hit him.

“Oppa...” Seohyun seemed shock also.

Luhan stuttered and Shook his head frantically, “It’s not Joohyun-ah. Chen is Lying.” Luhan denied it. He never go out with another girl to this cafe except might be Yoona, that if he forced Yoona.

“Ah I remember the one you bring last week is also beautiful.” Chen shouted from the cashier counter, “Her name is...” Chen shouted again, “Yoona, right?”

Luhan really wanted to shut Chen out, Seohyun giggled when she heard the name. “It’s okay oppa.” She said.

Luhan smiled at Seohyun, “You are okay, if I bring another girl?” Luhan but he also wanted to know. Did Seohyun have the same feeling with him, will she jealous?

Seohyun titled her head, she never though this before but did she okay? Did she angry? No. She was okay with it, she understood that they were just engage because their family, she didn’t expect Luhan would love her. And she had no right to forbid Luhan to have friend with another girl. “No, if they were Oppa’s friend.” She answered innocently.

Luhan had to surpressed his disappointment. Seohyun was too innocent, to know such feeling. “Oh.” he said, and averted the attention to the another place.

“Oppa likes vanilla too?” Seohyun asked him suddenly.

Luhan actually hates something too sweet, he never ordered Vanilla, he always order the cappuchino one, or Taro. But because of Seohyun he ordered Vanilla also.

Luhan nodded. “Yes.” He answered her, “Joohyun-ah, why are you crying?” he asked her suddenly.
Seohyun bitted her lips, she was afraid to tell Luhan because it was not something that she could tell him. It was her family secret, how did her father abuse her mom. She was prohibit to tell it to Luhan. Seohyun shook her head, “It’s okay oppa.” She said.

“Wait here okay?” Luhan said when he saw Seohyun smiled gradually fading away. It’s okay if Seohyun didn’t want to tell him, but he hated Seohyun crying. Luhan sure when Seohyun wanted to tell him, he would know. He was also kept secret from her. Yeah, if Seohyun family knew that secret they would not let Seohyun kept engaged with him.

Luhan walked to the cashier counter and talked something to Chen, and then he came back again with two cups of bubble tea. He sat besides

Seohyun not at her opposite again. “What did Chen-ssi do?” Seohyun asked Luhan when She saw Chen walked to the mic.
He was happy because Seohyun called Chen, Chen-ssi. Not oppa.

“Chen was majoring in music,” Luhan said to her, “Sometimes Chen sing in this cafe also.” Luhan said.

The cafe was filled with the music suddenly, when Chen started to sing, his voice smoothly goes well with the piano accompanion. Seohyun inclined her body when she heard Chen voice.

Luhan chuckled seeing Seohyun was so happy hearing Chen sing, when she also followed the rhytem by tapping her fingers to table. She clapped happily when Chen finished his song. “and this song title baby don’t cry.” He said before started the next song.

“Well this song was the request from my friend who didn’t have the voice as good as me.” Chen trolled something, “I am sorry if my voice was really good. And Luhan...” he winked to Luhan, “Don’t blamed me if your fiancee fall in love with me.”

Seohyun shocked and stared at Luhan who was smiled meekly and rubbed his nape. “Oppa asked this song?” She asked confusedly.

“Yes. Because you are crying right? I don’t like seeing you cry.” He said seriously and looked into Seohyun eyes.

Athough it was Chen voice but some part of Seohyun felt that Luhan who sang that song for her, she didn’t know why but she felt something warm inside her heart, something that wrapped her when she looked at Luhan eyes. Seohyun didn’t know the feeling but yes she felt really warm and protected.


Luhan and Seohyun walked out from the cafe and headed to Luhan’s car. “Thank you oppa.” Seohyun whispered in soft voice. She felt the mixed feeling and this was the first time she was perfectly comfortable with Luhan.

Luhan nodded his head, “I’m glad if you like it.” Luhan retorted, “So we have to go home right?” Luhan asked her when he realized they had spend one hours in cafe. Seohyun must be home at 9. “Let’s go!” He extended his hand, waiting for Seohyun respond.

Although they were engaged for long time already, but they seldom comfort enough to hold hand. Seohyun wasn’t really comfort to do skinship with other man outside her family. The only man that often to do skinship with her only Kris. Her father never patted her head, or hug her. While Changmin and Inguk rarely at home, they just met when having formal family dinner.

Seohyun hesistated but this was Luhan. Luhan was supposedly her fiancee, Luhan who made the small event who make her smile. She have to accept Luhan hands.

Seohyun put her small hands to Luhan palm, before Luhan slowly warpped his finger around Seohyun hand. Seohyun flushed, her cheeks became tainted by red colour.

Luhan cleared his throat, and look to another place, when he was feeling super happy but nervous also, this was the first time they holding hands without the urgent situation, not because the family party but both of them wanted to do that.

“Let’s go.” He said to clear the awkward moment, before he decided to walk really sloooooow to the car parking area. He wanted to cherish the feel as long as possible.

 

 




Sorry for the late update because of my energy drain...

this chapter there was three cameo that I will use them in my new fict(if I am dilligent).  and one of them was my fave exo member...

do you could guess who is it?

Comment, subscribe and upvote(if you think this story deserve it)

Thank you for all the support you give ^^