Chapter 3. Unknown question

Stop All the Pretend things

"Yourlife is too short if you just spend it with tears
With regret, and weeping sound
You make mistake, you fall hard yet you have to get up
And keep moving."
-Seo Joohyun-

 

 

Jessica spent a week of her life with cursing, screaming and shouting her damn life. And another one week to persuade her grandmother (although it's more like a cat fight rather than a logical argumentation), three days to try to get a ticket back to London, two days to argue with her father, a day hiding from her step mother. And now, she ended up defeated and forced to stay in Korea and be enrolled to her new school.

It’s take almost two weeks for her to realize something more important. Why did her grandmother insist she must stay in Korea until graduation? It was really weird even for her. They hate her, why don’t they just acted like they did before? Why it was so suddenly they want her to stay? There must be a reason.

They didn’t feel regret, did they? Because they've exiled Jessica when she was a baby. Are they starting to develop affection towards her? Did they feel sorry because of her mother's death? Ooh. It was impossible, she must be out of her mind is she really thinks her family regrets it? She needed to meet a Psychiatrist as soon as possible. Even elementary childen knows Im family didn’t want to see her face anymore.

There must be something, but yet Jessica couldn’t figure it out. Aish, she had already known from the start that she was not really good with analyzing things. She would get a great headache if she think too much, especially with this stupid problem. Why can’t her life just be simple? Why does it always have a twist?

Jessica was grumbling while wearing her long socks. Why couldn’t she just graduate from her school at London then enter Julliard soon? Why is it that she had to be stuck in this place? She even have to enroll that school what-ever-the-name. She brushed her blonde hair before got into the car.

“Are you ready to go to the school, Miss?” asked her driver politely.

“If I say no, can you do anything about it?” Jessica had no mood to chit-chat with a stranger.  “You would probably tell that old woman.”

“It’s my obligation, Miss Jessica to drive you to school.”

Jessica rolled her eyes, “I don’t remember asking you about it. Whatever!” Jessica started to play with her phone and put the headphone on, listening to the music that she likes alot.

The driver just sighed heavily, he had been warned by the other maids that the lady he would serve has no manners but he didn’t expect it. She's one-of-a-kind. “What are you waiting for, why don’t you drive the car?” she curled her lip with dissatisfication.

Jessica is planning to get some sleep, when they had already arrived in front of the main gate of her new school. She averted her gaze to the big gate entrance of SM high school. Oh, that’s the school name. So it was not ‘whatever’ high school. Jessica's pretty amazed by the school, she never expect there was a great huge school at Korea. And it was so crowded she could watch a ton of students walking to the entrance.

Most of them wore the same uniform just like Jessica, they were busy to chit-chat. “Miss, We have arrived.” The driver opened the car door, and bow respectfully waiting for Jessica to step down.

“Aish.” Jessica exhaled before she off the car,  she turned to the driver, “What is your phone number?” she asked, that made her driver shock.

“Phone number?” her driver puzzled.

“Yes, you have phone number, right?” she waved her hand impatiently, she hate to explain why she wanted the driver phone number. She needed it for the future who know she wanted to skip class and need him? Her driver stutterly mentioned his phone number. “Name?”

The driver is even more shocked. They never ask his name, they just called him Choi driver. But this rude girl even bothered to ask his name. “You could save it as Choi driver, Miss.”

“Does your parents named you Choi driver?” jessica asked him bluntly, she snapped her finger, “You have name right? Not base on your occupation, I’m sure it's not only you who has a surname Choi and works as a driver.”

“Choi Min-ki, miss.” He seems shocked, this girl might impolite and rude or even badmouthing, but she had something deeper than that, not even Miss Yoona, the most mannered person he ever meet bothered to ask his name. He was moved at her little gesture.

“Okay, Choi Minki ahjussi, just come when I called you, and one more thing pick me up early today.” Jessica grabbed her bag and walked to the main building.

“Psst. Who is that?” a girl stared whispering to her friend, “New student?” she seems so confused.

“Maybe! I've never seen her before. And she dyed her hair blonde, I guess she would get trouble soon!” her friend agreed with the second girl.

“She look like she has a lot of money, her bag is gucci new edition!” the first girl said it, she was really sure because her mom had the import shop.

Jessica rolled her eyes, because she heard the whole conversation but she was to lazy, to respond yet. She looked at her phone when suddenly she bump to something really hard until she had to step down.

 Without thinking Jessica utter the first thing in her brain, “Holy ! Are you blind?”

 

 

***

    “Tell me why, I keep becoming your friend?” asked Kim Minseok to Kris who walked beside him. They had become friends since they were at elementary school although they were different, Kris was trouble maker and bully in school, but Minseok was School Committee president.

“Because you had no choice.” Kris told him bluntly, “I am your only best friend, Minseok-ah.” Kris took the paper from Minseok hands, “Why you keep doing a lot of stuffs?”

Minseok snatched the paper back, “Because one of us had to!” He put the paper back to the folder that he brought for student counsil comitee meeting. “You should know I have lot of job, rather than pick you from your house, just because you are sulking from your parents.”

“Cih!” Kris seem didn’t care at all, “I am not sulking. Sulking are for girls.”

“Damn it Kris! If Seohyun heard you she won't agree to that! Thanks to her, I know why I should pick you.” Minseok hit Kris with his folder.

Minseok and Kris was busy talking until they didn’t pay attention to the corridor that full of student. Some of girl, scream calling Kris name, Kris was really popular among the girls. Well, you had no doubt about it, he was tall, handsome perfectly good looking and play basketball. He smiled, satisfied with the attention he's getting.

Minseok rolled his big eyes. When suddenly someone bumped to Kris, Minseok and Kris suddenly looked at girl, her blonde hair! That's the first one they realized about it, but next things is what that girl said.

“Holy ! Are you blind?”
Everyone's shocked to the girl's words, she said that to Kris, the most influence boy at school. Kris glared at that girl, that girl really.
“I.am.not.blind!” Kris gave the girl a glare that could freeze the sahara desert, a glare that everyone's afraid of.
“Then you are not using your eyes properly!” that girl said, bravely.

“What?!” Kris didn’t know there's an existing person that can dare to answer him that brave. “Hey look Miss Blonde! Are you crazy?” Kris snapped his finger to get the girl attention.

“No! Why am I the one crazy? You bump into me, you should at least say sorry.” The girl put her chin up.

Kris couldn’t believe what he's hearing, that girl asked Kris to say sorry? Even Kris was wrong he never said sorry. All the student stopped their activity and gasped for the girl's bold answers. “Don't you know who am I?”

The girl rolled her eyes, “Of course I don’t know. Are you Korea's president?”

“Cham!” Kris speechless to her answer. “I am Kris Seo. You are the one who should apologize to me, this school is ruled by me.”

“Are you the headmaster?” she asked bluntly, “If you are the headmaster, I would go apologize soon. But..” she looked from up to down, as she tried to figured out who is Kris. “You are only student just like me.”

Kris couldn’t hold his temper anymore. “This girl, really!” he almost shouted. Minseok grabbed Kris elbow, Kris was not a nice person to deal when he was furious. Kris don’t hit women but no woman dares to push Kris until this far by just some simple sentences. Usually girls would step back after receiving a glare from him. “You should be careful because you don’t know who you are speaking to, Newbie.” Kris threartened her.

That girl just raised one of her eyebrow, “Yeah! Whatever!” she smiled with sinism, then walked away without even turning back. Minseok could feel the tension building up in Kris.

“Kris, cooldown man. She is just newbie!” Minseok tried to calm him down. Kris clenched his fist before relaxing again.

“Minseok-ah let me go!” He said that with the most cold tone he had heard.

“Not before you calm enough!” Minseok insisted and put more strength in his hand. “You should control your temper Kris.” He said again.

Kris looked at his best friend before throw his hands to air,

“Okay! I will let that go for today!” yeah for today but not until he could meet that girl again, he would not let her go anymore.

 

 

-edited by: heartsica 6/12/2014 7:37pm