Chapter 59. Taking care of you...

Stop All the Pretend things

I always think I don’t have heart
But why am I in pain seeing him crying
~Jessica Jung~

Kris groaned in pain, he felt so ache across his body. He knew it, it had been always pain after getting beat by his father, but he never thought it would be this worse.

Kris woke up at two last night when it was hard rain, it liked his automatic response when storm. Because he couldn’t move his body, he called Luhan. He knew that he was the cheesiest man alive but...

He was sured Luhan would jump from Cliff if it was for Seohyun.

“Are you still alive?” Jessica  snapped him.

“No, I must be dead, because I see devil now.” Kris retorted back as he stared to Jessica.

“Great! At least you know your place is in the hell.” She said calmly.

Jessica still wored her pyjamas, but she already freshed up herself. She tied her long hair as a bun. And tapped her feet impatiently.

“What?” Kris asked her.

Jessica sighed, “If you are still alive, can you get your out off my house?” Jessica said.

Kris tried to wake up, “Your vocabulary just became great at morning.” He said as he sat up. His stomach was still in pain, Kris unconsiously groaning in pain. He clucthed on his stomatch.

Jessica looked at him with worried, “You won’t die in my home right?” she asked him. “I don’t want police to accuse me.”

Kris really wanted strangled her until death, could she shuther mouth up. His body already in pain, and he just wished that he could bear the pain until he went to the hospital.

Kris grabbed the pain killer again, he just wished that the pain killer would help him, but before he could reach the pain killer, Jessica grabbed his hand.

“YAH!” Kris yelled, “Just give the damn painkiller!!” he said, he wanted to remove this pain.

Jessica glared back at him, “Are you crazy? you couldn’t take pain killer without eat anything.” She spatted him.

Kris tried to held his pain, “If you want me to go out from your house now, you better give me the pain killer!! Because I must ride my motorbike!!”

Jessica looked at him with disbelief, but for Kris he could interpret it as how-could-you-this-stupid-gaze “Yeah, and then you will get accident.” She said coldly, “But that relieved at least you will die on the road not in my home.”

Kris wanted to yell at her, only Jessica who wouldn’t offer him symphaty. Kris didn’t know he had to feel upset or relieve that Jessica kept being her usual self.

“Just give me the damn pain killer.” He said.

“!!” Jessia cursed more to herself, she didn’t know herself again, but she realized that Kris looked worse rather than yesterday. He looked much more in pain.

His face was so paled, the cut seemed worse than yesterday, Jessica just realized that Kris had bruise even on his hand, she thought that he had more on his body.

Unconsiously, Jessica touched the corner of his lips, and trailed it to other bruise on his face.

Kris was shocked about her action, and he felt a spark flew through his body, as Jessica touched him. He saw Jessica eyes became softer.
“are you really okay?” Jessica asked him suddenly.

Kris touched her hand, “I have been worse.” He said.

Jessica shook her head, “about your mother?” Jessica asked him.

Kris closed his eyes, not wanting Jessica knew about his pain, “I will be okay.” He said brieftly, he could feel the Jessica’s warm finger.

Jessica abruptly standing up, “Eat some breakfast   before take pain killer.”  She said as she made her way to the kitchen, “I don’t want you to die because of overdose.”

Then back the usual Jessica, “Yeah, and I hope police will investigate you.” Kris said although he was in pain.

Jessica felt her heart beat faster as she blushed, for god sake, she never blushed in her entire life, but she blushed now. She cursed under her breath!!

What was going on her mind until she touch Kris like that? Jessica wasn’t a skinship person, in fact she never did lot of skinship, she was always alone so she hadn’t to touch someone.

“You must ask your friend to pick you up.” She stated briefly.

Kris ignored, and he put his arm to close his eyes. He almost sured that his rib gonna bruised, he just wanted to close his eyes again when suddenly Jessica threw a first aid kit to him.

“Do your best to help yourself.” She said coldly, as she just found the box in the kitchen when she looked for the toaster.

Jessica got back to kicthen, to made a simple breakfast. She poured the milk to bowl, and some cereal. She took a brief glance toward Kris who still hold the first aid kit.

Kris searched some oitment and bandage in the box, he lift his shirt to treat the wound on his rib. He already predicted that it would be worse, he saw some bruise there.

Jessica gasped, when she saw Kris back, not because of it was her first time looked a , but because on Kris back there were some cut there, not to deep until bleed so hard, but exist. It left a blood stain near the cut.

And the heavy bruise.

“Lay down!!”

Kris was shocked, when suddenly Jessica already sat beside him. He felt the cold hand touched his back, “what the?”

“Lay down!!” Jessica ordered coldly, and snatched the box from Kris,

“Don’t move until I say you can!!” Jessica said, she couldn’t understand herself, but she felt the urge to take care of Kris. He needed someone to take care the wound at his back.

Jessica never took care of someone before but she knew what she must do. she put the ointment on Kris wound.

“You must be at fighting.” She said, as her hand touched his wound.

Kris closed his eyes, just if Jessica knew, that he didn’t even put a fight, he just wanted to protect his fragile mother. He was more than willingly to have lot of wound as long as his father didn’t hit his mother anymore.

“I didn’t fight.” He said.

Jessica sighed, “You are stupid.” Jessica said suddenly, “Loving someone that didn’t care about you.” She said. “and maybe this wound because of her also.”

Kris closed his eyes, “She is my mother.” He whispered slowly. “I want to see her.”

Jessica stopped to put the ointment on Kris back, “I never see my mom.” She said in daydream tone, “she was too busy about her life to know about me.”

Kris didn’t give any reaction.

“I don’t know that I love her or not, but I know that she never love me.” Jessica chuckled without humour, “She hate my presence. She just thought me as the bank, If I died the Im wouldn’t give money for her.”

“Where is your mom?” Kris asked her cautiously.

Jessica looked away, and put bandage to his wound, “Passed away because of cancer.”

Kris suddenly wanted to turn back to comfort Jessica.

“And no, I didn’t mourn. I don’t know how, I don’t know her until I must to cry for her. Actually I just feel numb.” She said. “I never call her Eomma anyway.”

“Did she ever hug you?” Kris asked her. Kris wanted to know, he wanted to know about Jessica. Impossible Jessica never get anyhug from her mom.

Kris still remembered in the corner of his mind, that his mom hugged him. He didn’t know it was hallucinate or something that really happen.

“I doubt she even hug me when I am baby.” She said. “People don’t hug me, so be grateful you still have Seohyun.”

Jessica put some bandage again to the wound, “I never hope for love, because I don’t know what is love, how the feeling about it.” Jessica said, “It is so stupid for hoping something that you can’t get.”

“It will hurt you more.” Kris said suddenly, “But I love my mother.” He said, “I get many love from other people also, but not from my mother. Am I really bad? Am I really disgusting for her?”

“I think she love me, I think.” Kris said, “I really wish, she could smile for me like she smiled for Seohyun.” Kris sighed, “Or like she smile for Inguk-hyung or changmin-hyung. But she never did.”

“How are you, Kris? Have you eaten, Kris? I wish she will say those words, but no...not even once on my memories.” Kris smiled sadly, “You know what more pathetic? She said that to Seohyun while I was standing just few metres from there and greet her first.”

Jessica felt the wrenched in her heart. She could imagine it so clearly, and she knew it. “Then?”

“I will pretend that I didn’t see that.” Kris said, “Pathetic right? Then I will play basket ball by myself. You know why I play basket ball?” he asked her..

“No.” Jessica replied him brieftly.

“Because it is something that I could reach.” Kris said, “You feel like free, you can reach anything.”

“Then reach it.” Jessica said, “It such a waste if you play it just as your escape, if you really good at it, reach it. prove to them, you didn’t need them, that they couldn’t make you weak.”

Kris became silence, actually he never think about it, he just knew about basket ball as his escapade, not for something that he chased. He just did it to erase his loneliness....

“If you can get her love, chase what you can get.” Jessica said and she stood up to the kitchen.



I am updating again....because I feel much better...I always feel not so sleepy at night because I sleep a lot at afternoon...

Is it only me? but I felt cringe everytime I made Krissica fluff romance. just in this story. I love their sourbitter romance, how about you guys?

I want to make their romance much more in next few chapter but I kept their bickering, because I really llove seeing them bickering, it suit their character in this FF right?

Comment a lot okay....I want to hear your opinion

and thank for 42upvoter and 202 subcriber.....I am really gratefullll!!!