Chapter. 29 Alpaca and piano...

Stop All the Pretend things

"I am not a good person
But somehow I wanted to take care of her
Saying that she wouldn’t be alone anymore."

~Kris seo~

Jessica wanted to scream her lungs out, but she couldn’t do that. Why is that jerk was so persistent? It's making the latter crazy.

She was upset enough about the news that old woman said this morning. What does she wants? She wanted her to stay in Korea, Jessica had agreed to it, then she wanted Jessica to be a legal part of Im family, Jessica agreed with it.

Although it much seem like the old woman forced her. Jessica kept obeying her, just because she was really wants to enter Julliard.

She never expected that the damn family wants her to stay, she just thought that they would let her just like before, but she's wrong. The Im family made her life so complicated. They made her stay in Korea.

Jessica even tried in the past to book a ticket going back to London for three days, and what happened? No flight to London for Jessica Jung. The Im family caged her in Seoul.

She's left with no choice.

No matter how much money she had, Jessica knew she couldn’t escape. In Korea, Im family could do everything they want.

Jessica was too stubborn to give up Julliard, it was her only purpose in life, so she chose to obey the old woman. To attend the school but she didn’t think that it could be complicated like this.

Now, why does she have to be engaged?    

There must be something that the old woman is hiding.

But Jessica being Jessica, she's too lazy to use her brain, she already knew that her brain couldn’t contain so much tricky things like this.

She care less about the public name, or the damn secret of Im. But the secret has affected her only life's purpose, then it meant that she had thought about it!

Eish Jessica didn’t know!

“Wait here!” Kris said, after he dragged Jessica to the living room. “Don’t go anywhere!”

Jessica glared at him, this boy is really like a dog trainer. Jessica could do whatever what she wanted! “I can go wherever, I want!”

Kris closed his eyes, “You know, you only have two choices, stay here or I will take you to my room!” Kris said.

Jessica squinted her eyes, “I chose the third and I will go away from here.” Jessica answered with the same tone, “Now get lost!” Jessica pushed Kris aside, and walked towards the door.

Kris pulled her wrist, “You're really!” he said and dragged her to the living room sofa. He made her sit on the sofa, and trapped her there, “Are you too dumb to even choose one from two choices?” Kris spatted her

“Are you too stupid to understand the words 'get lost'?” Jessica asked him back.

Kris closed his eyes, “Stay here Jessica, I'm warning you! I will dragged you to my room if I see you even moved away from this room!” he said. “and I’m serious!” Kris warned her.

Jessica glared at him, but she knew that he was serious. Really serious!

Kris left her after making sure Jessica understood.

What day is today? Is it day to insult Jessica?

Jessica rolled her eyes. Is this her karma for not attending school? If it is, she wouldn’t skip school again, forever.

She chuckled in that thought, she would attend every class, when she had entered Julliard. The classes only for music .The latter suddenly heard a piano sound . It seemed so close with her. Perhaps from the room next to this.

She knew this song really well, this is a Beethoven sheet.

Whoever the person who's playing this sheet is so talented, and she has to admit that the person played it flawlessly. Jessica closed her eyes, she could imagine if she had her violin now, they could go on a duet with it.

If the person could played the sheet this well, in orchestra, they could make it as piano arrasement. The classic piano sheet could make great music, and somehow they could express the softness.

Jessica knew it really well, that Kris warned her not to get out from this room. But when it comes to music, no one could stop Jessica. She followed her ears to locate the person who's currently playing the piano.

She saw the long black straight haired girl playing the piano. And Jessica soon realized who was her. Seohyun, yes that was her name. So, she's not lying when she said she could play piano.

Seohyun seemed immersed in to her piano, and Jessica waited patiently until she finished playing, actually even if she finished tomorrow she could wait for it.

She would never be bored to hear that song.

Seohyun pressed the last tone on the keyboard, and the latter couldn’t help clapping for her. Seohyun was shocked and averted her gaze to Jessica.

“Jessica-ssi?” Seohyun asked her, shocked because she saw Jessica at their house

“You have a great perfomance.” Jessica said to the point. “Beethoven right?”

Seohyun nodded, “That’s my favourite piece.” she said. “What is your favourite piece, Jessica-ssi?”

Jessica walked to the piano, closer to Seohyun.

“Ah, Jessica-ssi, are your feet getting better?” Seohyun asked her when she saw Jessica not limping anymore.

Jessica was shocked, no one realize that she wasn’t limping anymore, even her driver who brought her to the doctor, or the old woman, or even Kris who was dragging her everywhere.

“Yes. I removed the bandage yesterday.” Jessica said awkwardly.

This is her first time, feeling awkward, her attention seemed so genuine, she's too innocent if ever she talked to her coldly. And she just played the beautiful piece.

“That’s good news.” Seohyun said. “Sit here, Jessica-ssi.” She said.

Jessica walked awkwardly, next to her. She didn’t know what to say when they talked like that, this was her very first time talking with people without sacrcasm, without her cold tone.

Before Jessica could reach Seohyun place,  someone suddenly grabbed her elbow, and spunned her around. “Do you really want to go my bedroom that bad?” Kris spatted her.

He didn’t saw Seohyun, in his mind he just needed to find Jessica, when he cameback from his room and found out the empty living room. He dropped the gifts and quickly looking for her.

“What?” Jessica yelled.

“What did I say? I said stay in the living room!” Kris exclaimed, and held himself not to shook Jessica, “I said if you go out even just one step away, I will drag you to my room.”

Seohyun eyes became as big as the saucer, “Oppa!” she shierked. “Are you two dating?” she asked in confusion.

“NO!” Jessica and Kris denied at the same time.

Seohyun titled her head, “Then why oppa wanted to drag Jessica eonni to oppa’s room?” Seohyun asked him innocently, and then she pushed Kris away from Jessica, “Oppa how could you do that to Jessica eonni?” she said.

“No...it’s not like that, Seohyun-ah...” Kris flustered, “I just want to...”

“Want to what oppa?” Seohyun squinted her eyes.

Jessica wanted to laugh, she couldn’t held her wicked smile. Ha! now how will you explain to Seohyun?

She just realized that Seohyun was Kris’ sister when she saw her at this home, and how she called Kris oppa. And when she saw how Luhan glued to this girl at school.

“Don’t you know this girl will become oppa fiancee?” Kris changed the converstation suddenly.

Seohyun was taken back, and at the same time Jessica the one that in the corner, “Eh?”

“No! I am not your fiancee!” She shouted at Kris. What the hell that is this boy saying? Jessica wouldn’t be his fiancee. Not if that was in front of public.

“Yes you are!” Kris yelled also, “Ask your halmoni then!” he said.

“She isn’t my grandmother! I already said engage yourself to her!” Jessica argued.

Seohyun looked at her brother, and then at Jessica, she was so confused. What happened to these two?

“Yah! Keep dreaming! It’s right Seohyun-ah, she is oppa's soon-to-be fiancee.” Kris said to her sister, and patted her head affectionately.

“No! it’s not! I am not his fiancee.” Jessica denied it. “Do you really want me to be your fiancee?” Jessica asked him bluntly.

“Of course not!” Kris denied it, “I must be crazy wanting you as my fiancee.” He said.

“Good, we won’t engage! I am not your soon-to-be fiancee!” Jessica said it.

“Keep on dreaming. I am not a fool, once our family have decided it, we will be engaged!”

“I don’t care!” Jessica yelled.

Seohyun’s head is already dizzy, because each time Kris spoke she turned her head to Kris, and when Jessica replied him, she turned her head to Jessica.

Not mentioning also, the yelling that she heard. Both of them speak with lot of yelling.

“What's happening here?” suddenly a voice snapped them, and they found Luhan who was standing near the door. Also looked confused by the yelling voices that he could hear from living room.

He found the voices source, also Jessica and Kris who shouted at each other, and his lovely Seohyun trapped between them. She was looked like a lost child.

“Oppa!” Seohyun ran to him, “I am so confused!”

 

 



Kris shoved the Alpaca plushie to Jessica’s hand, the moment they were alone in the living room, the white alpaca plushie that he bought at Gangnam after searching for hours.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTGTQF064Dzw2BonvcHKpI

 

“I don’t need this.” Jessica said in cold tone, and shoved back the alpaca plushie to Kris.

“Just take it!” Kris said.

“Am I your rubbish bin that you could give the things that you don’t want anymore?” Jessica asked him again.

Kris facepalmed mentally, why did he forget?

nIt's ot only hard to choose a present for this girl. But giving is that hard too? “Can’t you just accept it and say thank you!”

Jessica glared at him, “I never ask you for this thing in the first place.”

“It’s a present! Okay?” Kris forced himself to say that. “Just accept it! Normal people will say thank you when they got a gift.”

“Why would you give me present?” Jessica asked him again in cold tone. “I don’t need that.”

Kris actually didn’t want to say the birthday things, but this girl got on his nerve too much already, “It’s your birthday present!!” he almost yell again.

Jessica was shocked for a while, but she managed to calm herself, and spoke with the cold tone, “Today isn’t my birthday.” She said.

Kris wanted to hit himself because she's too stubborn, “Just think of it as your late birthday present, won’t you?”

Jessica clenched her fist, she already sworn to herself since she was five, she didn’t need people to give her birthday presents. She wouldn’t ask again, she could buy the birthday present for herself.

She didn’t need it. Jessica closed her eyes, “I don’t need it! And I didn’t ask it from you!” she said, “If that’s all that you want to tell me, I will go now.”

She couldn’t accept the birthday present, she didn’t want people gave her the present just because they pitied her. She don’t need them! She wouldn’t let herself believe again that someone cared enough for her.

She was more than okay, to celebrate her birthday by herself. She is okay to buy presents for herself. She's not the five year old Jessica anymore. She didn’t need the stupid alpaca, or any gifts from Kris.

Kris saw the difference after he said it was her birthday present. Jessica became colder, like the ice. And somehow Kris felt pain in his heart.
Everybody needed the birthday presents from at least from someone who wished for them the real happy birthday.

Kris walked in front of her, and shoved the Alpaca to her, “Just accept it, will you?” he asked Jessica.

Jessica gave him the coldest she had, “I don’t need birthday present from you! You can take this stupid alpaca and give it to another person for their birthday.” She said and she let the alpaca slip from her hand and fell to the floor.

Kris closed his eyes again, “I want to give you birthday present, and wish you really happy birthday.” He said, “Maybe you don’t need it. But I want to say it!”

Jessica was shocked by Kris’ stare, and something warm started to bloom in heart.

Lie, lie, lie,lie, lie

She tried to chant the words, to convince herself that Kris is lying.

He is pitying you, Jessica. You don’t need him to wish you a happy birthday. He isn’t sincere.

Remember five years old Jessica. You are not her anymore!

She kept saying those words in her head. Her hands started to shiver, when the alpaca touched her hand. She can't help but feel the soft fur that touch her palm, amd the warmness from the alpaca.

One part of herself wanted to hug the alpaca, and say thank you to Kris.

No, Jessica! You don’t need it! Remember the five years old Jessica. you will hurt you self in the end.

Jessica closed her eyes, forcing her hands to drop the alpaca to the floor. She glared to Kris, “Stop pretending that you are care! I'm rejecting it!” Jessica tried to say in her usual cold tone, but somehow her voice isn't as cold as she wanted. Her voice trembled.

Jessica couldn’t stay there for a longer time anymore, she started walking away, yet again.

Kris can’t believe that after what he had done, Jessica still rejected the present. Kris supposedly didn’t care about it, he had tried his best, that just the girl couldn’t appreciate him.

But he felt the slight pain in his heart, and anger. How could Jessica be that stubborn? Didn’t she just have to say thank you?

But he also heard that Jessica’s voice trembled, not like her usual tone. Or was it only his hallucination? Because he wanted too, because he didn’t want getting rejected?

Kris wouldn’t give up! He had spared lot of time to choose the gifts, he wouldn’t let Jessica reject it! And more than he wanted to admit it, he wanted Jessica know that he care, tha he really wish her happy birthday, that she's not alone.

Kris took the alpaca, and chased after Jessica. He found her walking to his house gate. Kris grabbed her hand, and hugged her. “Happy birthday, Jessica Jung Sooyeon.” He whispered softly in her ear.

Then he started to sing the 'Happy birthday' song in small voice.

Jessica felt her heart clenched, and she tried her hardest to stop herself being so comfortable in his hug, to feel the sincerity in Kris’ voice, the warmness of Kris’ embrace.

When was the last time people had hugged her because they were really concern?

When was the last time she ever felt this warm and safe?

Saranghanun uri Sooyeon, saengil-chugahamnida.
(happy birthday our lovely Sooyeon)

That was when Jessica broke down, a tear slipped from her eyes.

Why? Why is this the first time people sing that song to her? Why did sge to feel so warm? Why?

“Happy birthday, Jung Sooyeon.” Kris said again, still hugging Jessica.

“Happy birthday...”

Kris sounded so sincere, as if he cared, and as if he really mean it.

She felt so warm, so safe, yet....so hurt.

Lie, lie, lie,lie. Remember about the maid? The present that you thought from your dad? See you are hurt now! Just like the five year old Jessica!

She chanted in her mind again, she don’t need this.

She tried to push Kris, She didn’t need it. “Stop pretending..”

Kris tightened his hug, “I will say it until you believe that I'm really wishing you happy birthday.” Kris cut her.

Jessica felt hurt, as Kris kept saying happy birthday. She could sense his sincerity, that he really cared.
She felt pain in her chest yet she wanted Kris hug her like this.

Why Kris had to make her feel this way?

Why?




I hope you love this chapter, I was wondering how will Kris gave the present to Jessica..

AmI going to make them bicker? or am I going to make it bit sad yet romantic?

so at the end I made it romantic way, because they didn't have much romantic times.

Hope you love my choice also...

Let me know your opinion okay?

Next chapter, I will include Seohan okay?

 

-edited by: heartsica 6/16/2014 10:28pm

 

heartsica here^^

who cried with me in this chapter?

huhu