Chapter 56. Can I hug you?

Stop All the Pretend things

Double update...


I didn’t know what happen to me
But I need she there when I am down
~Kris Seo~

Kris seldom came to his parent wing, because he was never care enough to see them, and he had nothing to do here, but sometimes he visited his mom, just to see his mom from afar.

Kris was entering the corridor to his parents room when he heard the hard sobbed that followed by the loud scream!!

“Tell me Joohee!! Who is his father?!” his father yelled at his mother.

Kris ran to the room with all the speed that he could gather, his mom. His father did something to his mom. He heard a faint answer from his mom, but followed by the slap sound.

Kris opened the door forcefully, he was seeing his mom laid on the floor while his father stood in front of her, wanted to kick her.

Kris pushed his father, “YAH!!” he yelled to his father, “Are you crazy?”

His father glared to him, “Get out!!” he pointed the door, “GET OUT!!”

But Kris didn’t budge a centimeter, “NO!!” he growled, “So you can hit my mother again?”

His father rushed to them and slapped Kris, “Pain?” his father asked him, his mom only could weep. “If you don’t want to get more, get out you ungrateful jerk!!”

“Hit me!! Slap me!!” Kris fighted back. “I won’t go!! I will not let you hurt my mom!! Bastard!!”

Joohee gasped.

His father eyes became wrath, and he punched Kris until he fell to the floor, but his father didn’t stop until there, he kicked Kris stomach several time, even stomp at him.

“Stop!! Stop!!” Joohee pleaded, “No!! Jaebum!!” she pushed Jaebum, but Seo Jaebum had lost control, he kept kicking his child.

Kris opened his eyes although his body was in pain, when he saw his mom going to get kick from his father, he jumped to covered his mom body with his own.

“You ungrateful !!” his father yelled, “You!! The jerk kid!!”

“Stop!!” Joohee pleaded, “He is your son!!” she shouted under Kris.

Jaebum laughed, “My son? My son? You say?” instead stopping Jaebum gave Kris the last kick to his waist!

“Changmin! Inguk! Are my son!! He is son of your affair!! He isn’t going to be my son!!” Jaebum yelled again.

Kris coughed in pain, when he heard that.

“He is the dirty blood of yours and the other man!!” he yelled to Joohee. Before giving Kris the last kick and left the room.

“Eomma, are you okay?” he asked his mom faintly.

Joohee cried when she saw the bruise on Kris body, all over it!! How could Jaebum do this to his own blood? Joohee knew that she was guilty but she couldn’t bring herself to say that. How about Joohyun?

“You dumb child!” Joohee muttered under her breath. “Why? Why you are here?” she asked him without looking at his eyes.

“Because I want to see Eomma.” Kris said faintly.

Joohee sat up, and looked at the other direction, “How many time Kris? How many time I must say I don’t want to see you?” Joohee asked him.

That words pained Kris morethan what his father do toward him, his body was numb but now his heart was pain more. After all the things that Kris did for his mom, he still didn’t worth to get any affection from his mother.

“why?” Kris asked her, “Why?” Kris asked her mom. “Why you don’t want to hug me?” Kris shook his head, “No...Why even you didn’t want to see me?”

Joohee closed her eyes, when the tears came out from her eyes, she wanted to hug Kris, she really want. But she’s guilty! She’s guilty not only to lie to Jaebum, but she still think her revenge is more important than Kris’ happiness.

Hence she couldn’t hug him!

“Why Eomma?” Kris asked her again and touched her hand, “Can’t you look at me even once?” Kris almost begged to her mom.

Joohee choked by her cried, “Just go away Kris.”

“Is it because I am your illegitimate son?” he asked her out of blue, “So you can’t look at me? Because I am your dirty secret?”

Joohee couldn’t bring herself to answer it, she looked at Kris. And that was a mistake, she could see the pain in that eyes, sadness, and longing.

Joohee wanted to tell him, but..she wanted to revenge more. She was hurted by Kris father. How Joohee wished that Kris isn’t Jaebum’s son, but Kris is Jaebum son. Looking at Kris made Joohee remember that time when Jaebum hurt her...

“Can’t you love me? Even I am your dirty secret?” Kris asked her again this time his voice was trembled, “Can you?”

Joohee closed with her palmed, when her sobbed became harder.

“Eomma...” Kris pleaded, “Please look at me!” he touched her hand. “Eomma..”

Joohee pulled her hand when Kris touched her, “Go Kris!! Get out!! I don’t want see your face!!” Joohee screamed to Kris.

Kris became stiffed, he shook his head, “am I that disgusting to you?”

No!!

Joohee wanted to tell him but her plan, she had done it, she must finish it. “Yes..” That lie went out smoothly from her lips.

Kris became pale, then he laughed, “Part of me know, I am not his son, but I think you love me..” Kris said. “I think you love me!” Kris exclaimed, pain and sadness all paint on his face.

Kris ran out from that room, ignoring all the pain that he felt, because he knew that it nothing compare what he felt right now.

Joohee sat on the floor and tried really hard to breath, when she cried all her heart out.

Did she make the right decision? Did she do the right things?

She didn’t know that this is could be that hurt....



Kris ignored the pain that he felt, he just wanted to get out from that house. He was supposedly go to clinic to treat his wound and went to Minseok house, but he ended up pressing the bell in front of an apartement.

When he fight with his father he always escape to Minseok house, but this time he didn’t need Minseok. His physical wounds were less pain than he felt and he just wanted to see one face.

One face that he hoped would calm him.

Kris closed his eyes, when the door was opened, while he heard a mumble about jerk who came in the middle of the night. Hearing that voice made him calmer than he thought.

Kris was eyeing the girl in front of him, she wore the pyjamas and looked comfortable in them.

Jessica gasped, “What the hell..”

Kris cut her off by hugging her. “Just a minute!” Kris said, softly. “Can I hug you?” he asked her, “Just a minute.”

Jessica wanted to push Kris but she didn’t do that. She owed Kris yet she wanted to hug him also, Kris voice was trembled. She saw the cut on Kris face, that shocked her more, she wasn’t that oblivious seeing the bruise in his face.

Kris closed his eyes, he inhaled the warmth from Jessica’s hair, peach and home. Home.

“what happen to you, jerk?” Jessica asked him slowly.

“Just one minute more.” Kris said, when he replayed all the converstation in his head, pathetic right? Her mom even couldn’t hug him like this?

No..Kris didn’t need hug from her, Kris just needed her gaze, she looked into his eyes.

Just looked into his eyes.

Did he ask too much?

Even this rude girl could look in to his eyes...even she could hug him for while like this? Was he really disgusting in front his mom?

Jessica felt Kris body’s shiver, when she felt her shoulder became wet. Jessica realized something Kris was crying. That Jerk boy was crying, she never think that Kris could cry.

Jessica pushed him, but Kris tightened his hug.

Jessica pushed him once more, she wanted to see Kris face, seeing what happen to him. But when Kris released her, Kris spunned himself quickly so Jessica only could see his back.

“Get in!” Jessica said, “I will pretend that I don’t see you cry.” Jessica said.

“I’m not!” Kris denied it with hoarse voice.

“Just get in!!” Jessica didn’t know but she insisted. She didn’t want Kris go with this down feeling. Jessica pulled his shirt, and pulled him to get in.

Kris still didn’t want to see her but he followed her to get into her apartement. Jessica deliberately spunned around, before she felt Kris hugged her from behind.

“Don’t!!” Kris said, “Don’t look back, just lend me your back!!” Kris said, “One minute, just one minute.” He whispered.

Jessica never cry for someone, she practically didn’t care but she could feel Kris’ pain. She prefer the Jerk Kris than this Kris. She didn’t know but seeing Kris in pain somehow her heart also hurt.

She thought that she didn’t have heart, she thought that she couldn’t care about someone but somehow somehow...she care about Kris

Her heart hurt so much....

Until she felt tears slipped from her eyes..