Chapter 65 Appa...

Stop All the Pretend things

You would think your life is perfect
You would think you don’t have problem
But someday the illusion gonna burst.
~Jessica Jung~

Ahn Joohee seldom get out from her room, but today was the exceptional. She wanted to have some fresh air so she decided to sit at their garden. She had ask the maid to serve her tea.

The sun was shining so brightly, Joohee closed her eyes. It had been long time that she didn’t feel the sun anymore, actually Joohee loved the sunlight.

“Joohee?” Joohee was interrupted by the another voice. And suddenly her hand became frozen when she saw the owner of the voice. Kelvin Wu.

She tried to calm down herself, and lift her head, just to see the same face from years ago. Her family close friend and also her past lover, the lover that she took to revenge on her husband.

“Di-director Wu.” She gulped.

“Long time no see, Joohee-ah.” Kelvin wu extended his hand to shake Joohee hand.

Joohee felt her hand was shaking, what did Kelvin do here? Did her husband have the appoitment with Kelvin? But usually they would do that in the restaurant or hotel, not at her house.

“What are you doing here?” Joohee blurted out before she could control herself. “are you having the business in China?” she asked Kelvin.

“Mind If I sit here?” Kelvin asked her, and pointed another seat in front of Joohee.

Joohee became pale, she flustered, before nodding, “Yes of course.” She dismissed her maid before making one cup of tea again for Kelvin. “What can I help you?”

“Maintain the calmness again.” Kelvin said, he sighed, “I want to talk to you, hence I came here without Jaebum knowing.”

Joohee felt something really bad gonna happen, she never tell Kelvin about the child, she covered it herself, she didn’t want Kelvin know and ruin her plan.

“I don’t think we have something to talk about, director Wu?” she tried to composed.

Kelvin wu looked at her closely, “I think we have Joohee,...”He smiled without humour, “If it about my child. My child that you hide from me these years!!”

Joohee felt her blood became cold, “What do you mean your child? It had nothing to do with me.” She squeezed her hand.

Kelvin raised his brow, “Let me see, I came to Korea from Canada for business with your husband. And I received one phone call from let me see...” he snapped his fingers, “My other manager in china, that when he had drink with your brother, he said that I have one of your children.”

“No..” Joohee tried to make a logical argument but stopped by Kelvin wu. He lift his hand.

“don’t cut me first!!” his voice became cold, “Let me finish this first, it’s impossible Inguk and changmin, they are too old. So only Kris and Seohyun. We had affair twice, right? I think first it is Kris. But, we had a simple affair for onlt three days and I was careful. The second one, we meet at pub you said you on pill and I believe it.”

 He stared coldly, “so it must be my daughter. Seo Joohyun is my daughter. And for 17 years old I haven’t meet my daughter.”

Kelvin wu wasn’t the person who would burst in anger like Jaebum but rather he would stay quite, and attack with the cold argument.

“Do you know when is my first time meet my daugther? His boyfriend or must I say fiancee kiss her. Do you know what I do? I just laugh on it. what should real father do? I should scolded that boy. Guess what Joohee I lost one act as a father....”

“Do you know what I miss again? I miss her first step, her first tooth, her first smile, her first cry. I miss everything that a dad should know, You take that from me Joohee!!!”

Joohee shocked more when Kelvin shouted that words. She couldn’t say a single things.

“You stole that from me Joohee, do you know what I do these three days?” Kelvin asked her, “I wonder how if I gave name to my daughther Wu Xu Xian, doesn’t sound pretty? Do you know these days I only spend myself on Internet just to know my daughter? I tried to read all the article in the newspaper about her.”

“I learn about my daughter from newspaper? Do you know how hurt am I when I realized I didn’t watch her first piano recital? Do you know how hurt am I when she said it’s for her mother and father, and I know her father isn’t me!!!”

Joohee closed , because of the tears that started to fall down hardly, she was guilty, and afraid because this was the first time Kelvin Wu bursted anger. She was afraid Kelvin gonna take Seohyun.

“I have daughter that I couldn’t hug, daughter that even could call you appa.” Kelvin said. “I want her, Joohee-ah.”

“I’m sorry...”

“Sorry? Is sorry enough?” Kelvin asked her, “why you didn’t tell me Joohee?”

“I can’t. I can’t.” Joohee shook her head, “She is important.”

“Important for you? She is important also for me. I want to give her presents, give her affection. I want her to call me appa.” Kelvin said, “I want her Joohee.”

Joohee shook her head again, “I am sorry....”

“I don’t need sorry, I need my daugther.” Kelvin cut her off. “I hope you can tell Jaebum the fact not covered it with lie.”

Joohee felt like by the thunder, did Kelvin know about Kris also? She knew that gossip about Kris had been spreaded but no one so sure. Did Kelvin know too?

“What do you mean?”

Kelvin gazed her coldly again, all sort emotion that he showed for his daughter had disappered. “I know about your lie, my investigator had know about it. I want you tell Jaebum, even I can’t admit Seohyun in front of people I want her to know me.”

“But that impossible.”

“Why? Why Impossible? Am I asking too much?” Kelvin raised his voice again. “I give three days to consider it.”

“consider about what?” they were interrupted by changmin who stood there in stiff face, “Director Wu why are you here?” he asked to Kelvin.

“changmin-ah...” Joohee covered in shock. She looked at her son in terror.



Kelvin wu felt so old, so exhausted. He couldn’t sleep for days just thinking about his daughter, his beautiful daughter. With big wide eyes and chubby cheeks.

When he met Seohyun for the first time, he just thought she was beautiful girl like her mother but now in his eyes she was the most beautiful, smart and kind girl in the world.

His daughter.

He just wanted to enter his car when he saw Seohyun walked in from the gate, she quickly bowed to him. “annyeong, Seohyun-ah.”

“Oh, Director Wu. How are you?” she asked politely.

“I am fine, how about you?” Kelvin asked her back.

“I’m fine also, thank you for asking Director Wu. Are you going home already?” Seohyun asked him and titled her head.

Kelvin nodded, “Call me Samchon, I am your mom’s friend. Seohyun-ah.” Kelvin wanted she call him ‘Appa’ not ‘Samchon’ but he had promised that he would give time for Seohyun.

How Kelvin wanted to hug her now, he wanted to hug her daughter once before he went home. He wanted they spend time togther just buying her some ice cream, and play at amusement park?

He wanted to know all her day, like father and daughter? He wanted they argued about her boyfriend? Or to scold her boyfriend because kissing her.
He wanted all of it, but he couldn’t.

“Yes, Samchon.” Seohyun smiled. “Take care, and be careful, Samchon.” Seohyun bowed again.

‘appa’ Seohyun –ah I am your father.

I am your appa.

He wanted to hold her but he couldn’t so he just forced himself to walk in to his car after he smiled back to his daughter. “Xian-ah, appa is here. Wait a minute okay? You will meet appa. Smile to appa again, okay? Now take care, appa go home first.”

Someday he would hug Seohyun in his arm, someday they will laugh like father and daughter.



The drama became intense....I want build the angst already hope you love it...

More sibling and couple moment a little later...

I watched Agape MV Zhang Li Yin...and I realized Parental love is the most beautiful things in the world do you agree?

comment will be really appreciated

and also upvote if you think the story deserve it...^^