Chapter 51. Of music and happiness

Stop All the Pretend things

 

Double update today....

 


They said you can feel bad when you make song
But people will feel your pain in the melody
Although you put it in cheerful melody
~Seo Joohyun~

Not everyone could be lucky enough to have the music room by herself, but Jessica was one of the most favourite student of Kim Jong Kook so he let her to have the music class.

Jessica closed her eyes, she imagined some melody right away. Jessica never wrote one song fully sometimes she could imagine some melody in her head.

And then she would write every part in each paper. And then she would suit that with another one.

But there were times when she wrote a phrases of the song and the other would come right way.

Jessica played her violin while imagining the music, she just let her hand and brain lead her to produce the music itself, she made mental note to write down it later.

Jessica closed her eyes to feel through the music. She let out what her brain told her.

But she unconsiously in her brain she made up the place where the piano accompanion would complete her song.

Jessica opened her eyes, and smile satisfiedly. She really loved that composition. She wrote the note on the music sheet soon, but she didn’t know why but she added the note for piano also.

Usually she compose a song just for violin but after meeting Seohyun while that girl played piano made her wanted to hear her piano again.

Suddenly the music room opened, Jessica took a glanced to the door but she ignored it again and absorbed in her mind to write the song.

But not until she heard, “Jessica eonni?”

Jessica looked for the owner, and met Seohyun there, who hold the music file in her chest, behind her Luhan stood stiffly.

“What are you doing here?” she asked in cold tone.

Seohyun smiled “I want to practice my piano, do you mind if join you?” Seohyun asked her in friendly manner.

Jessica shrugged, “I don’t mind.” she just felt what a coincidence so perhaps she could play it together. She was careless about Luhan

Seohyun threw her smile again, “See oppa...I have Jessica eonni with me now.” Seohyun said to Luhan, “Oppa can go to library for your assignment.” She said.

Luhan nodded, although he was half hearted, “I will pick you for lunch okay? Or text me if you finished.” He said warmly to Seohyun.

Jessica didn’t know Luhan well, and she was careless too about her half-brother, but she could feel the warmth behind that words. She never heard anyone talking like that in her life.

Seohyun nodded, “Okay, oppa.”

Luhan took a glance toward Jessica before he patted Seohyun’s head, and peck her forehead.

Jessica didn’t know but seeing her half-brother did that, she could feel that her brother really care about this girl, just like Sehun. Jessica almost laughed, ironic.

That stupid boy really hurt himself, for what he liked someone who beyond his reach. Jessica knew that Seohyun also like Luhan. She could saw in eyes sparkle.

Seohyun took a seat beside Jessica.

“How is it feel?” Jessica asked Seohyun. Out of blue. Seohyun titled her head in confusion, “Before you ask me, it’s about you and Luhan.”

Seohyun suddenly flushed in red, “Eonni..” she felt so shy because suddenly Jessica asked that.

“I always see you with him almost all the time, don’t you feel tired?” she asked her in her usual cold tone.

Seohyun shook her head, “Oppa really take care of me well.” She said, and she smiled, “I grew up with oppa. Our family had arranged it since I was nine, but we have our engagement party when oppa was 15.”

Jessica frowned, “Don’t you ever think about someone out there that maybe has something..” Jessica tried to use the right term, because she never experience like this also, “More. You can choose it by yourself.”

She remembered Sehun, didn’t Seohyun know about his feeling?

Seohyun grew silence, as she never think about it.

Jessica also couldn’t understand how could you just blindly trusting another people for your entire life? Whose life your live? Didn’t she think that she is the one who will live with Luhan?

“We are still young.” Seohyun spoke in the end, “I actually never think about it, Eonni. Perhaps someone out there has something more. But I think Luhan oppa deserve my loyalty, he treated me well.”

“Really?” Jessica raised her eyebrow.

Seohyun smiled, “Slowly, slowly I think we learn liking each other.”  She said.

“How about if someone out there, like you also? Will you accept him, perhaps you two have something more to share?” Jessica facepalmed mentally why did she look like helping Sehun.

That boy didn’t have gut to tell this girl about his feeling. Yet what was Jessica doing right now? helping him?

Seohyun titled her head, “Why Eonni and Sehun oppa also ask the same thing?” Seohyun asked and chuckled, “Do you have telephaty with him, Eonni?”

Jessica buldged her eyes, and shook her head. Why she became so care about other? “How could you know that you like Luhan?” she changed the topic.

Seohyun puffed her cheek, “I don’t know! But I think feeling isn’t using our brain but our heart.” She tapped her chest softly, “Our brain perhaps tell us it’s wrong but that doesn’t mean that we can stop what our heart feel.” She said.

“Irrational.” Jessica commented flatly, she hated something that she couldn’t measure. And especially, Jessica thought she had no heart. She couldn’t like someone like that.

“So, what you feel until you think you like Luhan?”

Seohyun smiled, “I am always happy beside him....”

“You are always smile beside everyone.” Jessica cut her off, “So, it’s mean you like everyone.”

“Yes, but eonni, do you ever feel like you want just want to wake up tommorow morning to see him? Everything that you do with him seem so special. He does lot of things that people never do for me before..and you feel so special and touch.” Seohyun said.

Suddenly there were two face that came into Jessica mind, Kris and Chanyeol. That two boys did a lot of things that Jessica never let anyone do for her. Basically because that two people were stubborn.

“Do you ever feel that their hug give you warm feeling and feel protected?”

Jessica gulped when suddenly she remembered that Kris hugged her that night, she couldn’t erase his warm.

“And he makes me do something that usually I don’t do.” Seohyun said again.

Talking to Alpaca. Never in her life Jessica talked to plushie, but that night she did talk with the stupid plushie.

Seohyun leaned her body closer to her, “And sometimes your heart beat faster , and sometimes it stops.”

Has Kris made her heart beat faster?

Jessica became pale. And she abruptly slammed the table. “No!! I must be crazy if I think about it.”



Seohyun looked at the music sheet that Jessica gave to her, after her sudden out brust.

“It hasn’t finish yet, but I will finish that.” Jessica said. “You can try to play first.” She instructed Seohyun.

“Eonni, you are really great.” Seohyun praised Jessica. Seohyun learned piano since she was small, but she wasn’t as good as Jessica in composing music. She could compose a music sheet, hence she knew which one was the good music score.

Jessica’s work just like the professional do.

Seohyun placed the music score and started to press the note on the piano. Seohyun was shock how the music flow in her finger, that’s so beautiful but sad melody.

Jessica waited until Seohyun get used to the music then she started to accompany her with violin.

Seohyun concentrated with the piano sound and the note. It felt complete, the violin completed the sound of the piano. Seohyun stopped playing when she saw no note again.

But Jessica still continued finishing her song.

Seohyun just could watch in awe, how talented Jessica was. she played the violin with all the passion she had, and she just did what her heart told her.

Seohyun felt it, the feeling in her violin play, sadness, pain and tired, and the will for happiness. Seohyun could imagine it. It pained her alot that

Jessica only express her pain in music.

Seohyun felt a tear drop to her cheek, when Jessica finished her perfomance. Seohyun smiled and clapped , “You are great, eonni.” She said.

“I have to write it.” Jessica said and taking the music score. “What do you think?”

“That’s a beautiful song.” She said cheerfully, “It’s a little bit sad, like you are in the middle rain, and no body will shelter you. You felt cold but no body will hug you.”

Jessica stopped writting, and looked at Seohyun, “Isn’t human life like that?”

“But it feels so lonely.” Seohyun said softly, “Do you ever make the happy song, eonni?” Seohyun asked her.

Jessica shrugged, “That’s not good. I ever make it, but I feel lacking somewhere.” Jessica said and she gazed blankly to the piano’s keyboard, “My teacher said that it had no soul inside.”

Seohyun looked at her in shock, “Impossible. You are great eonni, you just need to think about the happy things.”

Jessica looked flatly, “I don’t think many happy things happen in human life.”

Seohyun shook her head, “Not in everyone life, just in your life eonni.” Seohyun said, “A simple thing that make you laugh is call happiness.”

“Laugh?” Jessica asked Seohyun.

Seohyun wanted Jessica laughed, she never hear Jessica laugh. Seohyun knew that she must be lonely without her family, Seohyun knew from Luhan about Jessica’s mother relationship with Luhan’s father.

It must be hard for her to know the Im family did that.

Seohyun knew that Jessica always lonely, Jessica never had friend, perhaps she found it hard to trust anyone. But Seohyun wanted to see her laugh as her friend.

Jessica is good people. She just didn’t let anyone know. Seohyun could fell she buried her pain.

Seohyun patted the piano chair beside her, “Sit here Eonni.” She said.

Jessica shocked by the sudden change of the topic, she raised her eyebrow and ask coldly, “For what?”

“Just sit here.” Seohyun insisted.

Jessica follwed her instruction and sat there”What?”

Seohyun smiled, “I learned this when I was five.” Seohyun said and she started to play the cat dance instrumental, “Eonni can play this song?”

Jessica raised her eyebrow, “Are you kidding me?” she asked in I-don’t-have-anything-to-say tone. “This is a kindergarten song.”

Seohyun nodded, “But it’s fun.” Seohyun whined cutely, “Try this eonni, my Eomma always laugh after hearing this song, sometimes we play it together.”

When she was five or six, because as long as Seohyun remembered her mom never went out from her room almost ten years. She just like a ghost, this was one of her beautiful memories with her mom.

She wanted to share it with Jessica.

Jessica rolled her eyes, but started to play along the song. “This one?” Jessica asked.

Seohyun nodded then play along with the tempo with Jessica, she played some variation to complete the cat dance perfomance.

Jessica suddenly became more interest as they played the cheerful song together. Without words they fastened their tempo, before ending that song.

“Wow!” Jessica was shocked and smile widely, “That’s great!!” she looked at Seohyun. “I never think the cat dance gonna be that great.”

Seohyun nodded and laughed.

“Can we play it again?” Jessica asked her in more cheerful than usual tone.