Chapter 2: Home bitter home; My house my hell

Stop All the Pretend things

"Loving someone that even hate your existence
Means you're fool enough to get hurt
Stupid enough to bear the pain
And even dumb enough to not love yourself"
-Jessica Jung-

 

 

  

 

 “Halmoni.” Im Luhan yelled for the first time. Since that girl entered the room he did not say even a single words but this time he wouldn’t stay still. He had already hate his half sister after he heard about her from his father. He know eversince that his father was not really a good husband but he didn’t expect him to have a half sister.
  

 The girl has no manners, foul-mouthed, and rude. He just hate her more now. She seems limitless. He really hate that girl. “Halmoni, you couldn’t ask this rude girl to live with us.”

    “Luhan's right! Halmoni, could you consider this again?” His sister Yoona started complaining at the same time.

    Jessica was surprised too, her jaws just dropped and she was blankly looking at Hanbok grandmother. She shook her head, “Oh, I think I got a heart attack. Your grandchildren is undoubtly correct. I think he is smart enough.”

Ha! Luhan agreed with that girl, just this once. This girl still had brain in her tiny head. “Halmoni could you reconsider again?” asked Luhan.

“I had considered it thousand times, Luhan-ah.” His grandmother clear before continued, “Although we couldn’t admit Sooyeon is our family, we can't because she is. She had to finish her studies here, her mother had passed away, and she is still a minor.”

“But Halmoni, you won’t let her live in this house right?” Luhan asked again, hnot sure if he could stand living in the same roof with her.

“Wait!” Jessica shouted. “Don’t you know your actions could lead to a murder case?” Jessica throw her hands to the air. “If we live in the same house no...same country even, there are only two options whether I kill them or..” she pointed to Luhan and Yoona, “They kill me.”

Luhan eyes widened together with his father and mother who's offended by Jessica’s word. “My children would not kill you.” His father said it with a strong intonation.

Jessica rolled her eyes, “Yeah I could see how much they love me.” she said, sarcastic. “Don’t you know the first step to kill someone is by hating them??”

“Yah! I know how much you love us also. But at least we have manners and education not to kill someone just because you hate them. We have ethics not like someone who hasn’t even bow properly to elders.” Fired back Luhan, who says he couldn’t offend Jessica back.

Jessica chuckled, “Yeah you're right. Maybe I will kill you in the first place, Oppa or Dongsaeng?” she tilt her head, “Halmoni, no matter how kind your offer is. I don’t need you all, I grew up alone pratically, and I can live better without you all.”

“How could you..” Luhan was lost for words. “You even live merely because of our pity.” He know how he seemed harsh to the girl, it's not usual for Luhan to speak this low about people but his half sister was not something he could tolerate.

“Geumanhae! Both of you!”  his grandmother hit the table with her palm. “This is my decision. Luhan and Yoona you should accept her. She must live here.”

“But Halmoni...”

His grandmother raised her hand to stop Yoona from speaking her words. “And You Sooyeon, live here. If you refused I will stop the money given to you, you won't receive anything that you can't even enroll julliard.” His grandmoher chuckled slyly when she saw Jessica realized her grandmother know something. “You will live at an apartment that belongs to KC group.”

The hatred in Jessica eyes didn’t hide that well, it flares through her glare. “You are a sly old woman, Halmoni.” She said it coldly, “You're playing a game, I didn't even want to play.”

“I never play a game, I;m just doing my obligation to you.” she said coldly too, although she couldn’t hide her glince of triumph in her eyes.

Luhan frowned because he feel something fishy about it, his grandmother hide something that even her father didn’t know. But it was not something good, he thought and Jessica seems know more than she show but one things that Luhan could be sure Jessica hates his grandmother and his parents.

“Now I want to rest. You will stay at this home until your apartement is ready. Maid Jang sent her to her room at west wings, as far as possible from Yoona and Luhan or she could kill one of my grandchildren.”

“Are you sure it’s a big problem if I really wanted to kill them?” Jessica stomped her feet when she stood up and give her grandmother deathly glared before following the maid.

Luhan and Yoona didn’t have a chance to talk with their parents because they also left them room, so Yoona and Luhan should left and discuss the problem just both of them.

“Luhan, why didn’t say anything to persuade Halmoni?” Yoona asked him furiously when they got into Luhan’s rooms. She sat at sofa.

“Do you think I like it too? Why didn’t you say anything? You just sat next to me like living statue.” Luhan replied her and kick his shoes before looking for something in his refrigerator. He grabbed a bottle of tomato juice, and drank it without offering Yoona.

“What do you want me to do? I can’t argue in front of granmother, Luhan. You are the one who should do it for us!”

“Me? Only me? It’s not only my inheritance that will be affected, yours also.” Luhan put the tomato juice hardly on the table.

Yoona gasped, “My inheritance is shared at Sehun's father's hospital.”

“It’s not that simple my sister. You think Oh family will let you get married to their son if they heard of this? Yes we have share in their company but they're also an old ‘chaebol’ family, their reputation is everything just like us.” Luhan explained it as clear as he could.

“So what should we do?” Yoona seems worried more, “We can’t let that girl get our inheritance.”

Luhan exhaled, he had no idea also, he didn’t know what should he do. “First we have to know why Halmoni asked that girl live here. And then we have to prevent the news about Jessica as our half sister, but I don’t think halmoni will announce it.”

“Halmoni wouldn’t do that. But that girl might be do that. We don’t know what the girl plans about.” Yoona said, “Maybe she only pretends not to care about money or being a part of Im family but you know no body could refused lot of money, and once she learns being a part of Im family worth everything, she wouldn’t stay still.”

“Do you think she will go that extent, Sister?” Luhan didn’t think of that maybe he still had to learn more to lead their company in the future.

Yoona raised her eyebrow, “Do you think she wouldn't go that far? Don’t be so naive oppa. You're raised as a part of Im family, you know how much it worth.

Everybody would do just like what you say.” said Yoona.

Luhan and Yoona are twins, but Luhan was born 15 minutes earlier than Yoona and somehow if Yoona's annoyed she would call him Luhan oppa. “Now, we have to find the way to kick that girl out of our house. Or at least shut up”

“Do you think we could threaten her? We could just scare her, make her as our servant.”

Luhan’s jaw almost drop with amazement, how could Yoona think that simple. “You think you could treat her like servant? Don’t you see how she act in front of grandmother? She is Evil!! If she's in a Cinderella story, you...you would be the servant and she is the step sister.”

Yoona pouted but she had to admit Luhan's right. “But I’m not the good girl either, I have power Luhan. I am strong enough to handle her, I am SM highschool's queen.”

“If you are bad girl, she is at gangster level.” Luhan said that bluntly, “No matter what, it is no use to threaten her. Arasso?”

Yoona sighed heavely and flip her arm at her diagfragma, “So what should we do?” she asked, “Could you give me a can of soda? I can't believe you're not even offering me a drink?”

“I don't have soda.”

“Mwo?”

“I don’t have soda.” Luhan repeated once more. Is his sister deaf?

Yoona didn’t believe what she heard, Im Luhan her twin brother that can drink a pack of soda didn’t have soda in his room refrigerator? Luhan loves soda just like Yoona. “I don’t believe it. Why?” she looked with disgust to the tomato juice in her brother's hands.

Tomato is one of the fruit that Luhan hate the most since Luhan watched vampire movie and Baekhyun their cousin pretended bite by vampire and pouring tomato sauce at his neck when they were nine.

He smiled shyly, wow! It was the first time Yoona saw her brother shy like that especially in front of her, “Seohyun didn’t like soda. She said it’snot good for health.”

“Oh my! For pete sake, just because Seohyun doesn’t like soda you have to hate it also, Luhan. I’m not even sure if you're still my brother?” Seohyun is Luhan's fiancee, they had been bethrothed since Luhan was 10 and Seohyun was 9. And since when Yoona didn’t know, when It comes to Seohyun, Luhan was never sane enough.

“Yah! How could you doubt that I am your brother!” Luhan hit Yoona's head lightly, “And Seohyun is caring for me so she nagged me to stop drink soda.”

“Seohyun always nag to everyone she know well to keep healthy even me.” Said Yoona. “Do you know she even ask me to drink red gingseng tea?”

“Then you should drink it.”

“Are you crazy? I hate red gingseng! It’s bitter! And as much as I like seohyun I like my self more.” Yoona couldn’t believe it. The almighty Luhan asked her to drink red gingseng, it is healthy of course she know but it doen’t mean she had to love how it tasted. Luhan was really going to crazy.


Because Yoona had no other option of drink, she forced herself to grab another bottle of tomato Juice from Luhan’s refrigerator. “I think we should start to investigate where will Halmoni put that girl.” She said.

Luhan nodded in agreement, “And about school too. I think maybe Halmoni will enroll her into our school.”

Yoona seem so troubled, “I hope it won’t happen, or it will be hell not only for her but for us too,” She slammed the tomato juice on the table when suddenly she watched Luhan with cautious look, “You won’t tell Seohyun about this right?”

Luhan raised his eyebrow, “Will you tell Sehun about this?” He asked saracastic.

“Of course no!” Yoona quickly denied it, she wouldn’t do anything that will harm her engagement with Sehun. This was her family problem, it had nothing to do with her fiancee.

“So, we are twins. We have the same point of view how could you ever think that I will tell Seohyun about this.”

Maybe he's right he would not tell Seohyun about this but Yoona didn’t feel that security. Luhan changed so much when it comes to Seohyun, he even would jump from cliff if it were needed to keep Seohyun by his side. He's possesive much, although another people didn’t know that. But Luhan just said, he and Yoona are twins they have a bond that people couldn’t imagine. They are not only sharing the same birthday but they had same personalities too. Possesive.

 

___

Left comment please if you like it...

-edited by: heartsica 6/12/2014 5:38pm