Chapter 44. The change of the game.

Stop All the Pretend things

I am too straightfoward to use trick
I will choose frontal battle no matter what
Because I can live with it’
~Jessica Jung~

All seemed like a long dream, that never ending. Jessica saw herself from other eyes, because what she felt like she was out from her own body. The engagement party seemed happening so fast.

It more like a drama stage, where she was one of the player.

“smiling.” Kris said to her in low voice, because Jessica kept her pokerface.

Jessica glared at him, “I will smile if I feel want to.” She said.

“Then don’t blame me if your photo in newspaper came out so badly.” Kris said in low tone again.

Jessica rolled her eyes, like she cared about it. She wasn’t celebrity who wanted to take care her image. For her it’s mere an exchanged just to go to the Julliard.

“So, Madam Im, is it right Miss Jung is a legal family part of Im family?” a reporter asked the old woman.

Yang Chunja wore the hanbok again, it seemed like she had no other clotch beside the hanbok. She gave the reporters a fake smile.

Jessica didn’t know what detail that she would give to the journalist, she just knew that she would be the long lost Im family relatives.  She didn’t really care though.

“Yes, Jessica Jung is the long lost Im family member.”

“Is that right, Miss Jessica is the ilegitimate daughter of your son, madam with the actress Jung Seyoung?”

Jessica stiffed, how could the reporter knew about her mother? Were them dig her background like a dog? Did they find out about her life in London.

Jessica wanted to know how could the old woman answer it! Did she shock too?

Yang Chunja nodded, “Yes.”

The reporters became so noisy and all the people in room were shocked by her answer, they never expect that Madam Im would answer that bluntly. They thought that Jessica was the another relatives daughter.

Chunja lift her hand, “Hear me! We also didn’t know about Jessica till few months ago. When Miss Jung Seyoung passed away, she just informed it to us.”

Jessica glared at the woman. That woman.

That old woman had planned it, by revealed as much as the secret but manipulate the whole story? Few months ago? Let Jessica laughed, yes actually the had know 228 months ago or 19 years ago.

Started when they knew Jessica mom is pregant.

“so you mean that President Im had the relationship with Miss Jung?” a reporter asked them.

This time Im Byungchul the one who answered it, “Actually no. that time I just had the business meeting with Miss Jung as the spokerperson of our new launch product. It only happen one time, because both of us were drunk.” He explained.

Jessica clenched her fists. The one night fling. Her mother was his mistresss!!!

“I don’t know that she was pregnant and Miss Jung covered it up from us, by suddenly cancelled the contract. That time we just find another actress as spokerperson, and you all know that my wife also pregnant that time. I admitted it to her and then she forgave me.”

They? What the hell did they do?

Her mom wasn’t the good person as long as her life, but not even one word from they mouth was the truth!!

“If we know Jessica had born we will admit it soon. We will take care of her.”

Yes, by giving lot of money!! What the hell did they do?

How could they put all the blame in Jessica’s mom shoulder. Like they are the angel who save her from the live on the street.

Kris looked at Jessica, because he felt Jessica boiled, and her expression was so stoic. So cold. And had so much hatred toward the Im elders.

“We wanted to take Jessica with us after we know. But our Jessica actually had to compete in London violinst contest.” The old woman said again.

That time Jessica felt she was being struck by the thunder. They had predicted it all, the leaked the inner information by themselves, so they could control the information. They planned it all.

They did research her background. They did watch over her.

They did it all to save their family and put the blame on Jessica’s mother. The public would symphatic toward them, and they had the good reputation.

Jessica wanted to applaud all the make up story. They played all the card that she had, they gave the explanation until  no room for speculation.

She couldn’t hear anything anymore, all the lie that they made. They supposedly didn’t affect her, but she hated the feeling she was being used by them as the pawn.

And stupidily Jessica found out herself, dance best on their rhytem.

Julliard. Julliard. You did it for Julliard.

She convinced herself, but still she couldn’t take all the blame toward her mother. Her mother was stupid enough to trust this people. Now even she had died, they still did...

And all this time she thought they never watch over her, but they did.

“Yes. We hope you watch fondly our Jessica and wish her engagement with Kris will bring happiness for them.”

Jessica gasped, happiness? They destroyed both of them. Engagement was the big things.

Jessica stood up abruptly.

“where you go?” Kris asked her, although all the people eyes now are watching over the couple.

Jessica felt suffocated, she didn’t know what to do  right now. All the  things that their family said, was full of lie. She couldn’t stand it anymore.

Jessica didn’t bother to answer him, and walked out from the room. With all the pace that she could. She almost ran toward the door hall, Kris chased her as soon as he could also.

“I’m sorry.” Yoona said suddenly, “Jessica didn’t feel good. Can you let it go once?” she asked them politely.

Yoona gave the short nodded toward Kris, said that she would handle it all. “Kris will take care of his fiancee...don’t worry.”

She didn’t know what happen, but she just knew that she had to cover up about what happen toward Jessica for her family sake. For the public image of Im and Seo family.

And little did she knew she wanted to help Jessica escape once she saw the expression in Jessica’s face.

Devasted, dissappointed, and suffered....



Kris cursed again because he lost the trace of Jessica.

How fast did Jessica walk?

Kris knew something wrong with Jessica, hence she ran like that, Kris never think he will forget the expression on Jessica’s face. her stiff body when Luhan’s grandmother started to explain her background.

Actually he also shocked by the explanation. So Jessica is Luhan’s step sister.

She didn’t go straight to her home right?

But he still saw her car in parking area, so how could she go home?

Where could he find Jessica? he already checked all the room in this hotel. What happened to  her?

What if suddenly she get kidnapped by someone?

Or even worse? She walked home, and some bad guys took her?

Kris felt his phone vibrated in his pocket. He looked at the screen and saw his sister name, “ah Joohyun-ah, wae?”

“Oppa, have you found Jessica eonni?”

“Not yet, Joohyun-ah. Have you checked in the toilet?”

“Yes, oppa. I am in the ladies toilet now. But I don’t see Jessica-ssi.”

“Okay. I will search to another place.” Kris said, and ended his phone call with Seohyun.

Where the hell was the girl?

Ah!

Kris remembered something. He had her phone number, so he dialed her phone number.

!! The girl didn’t answer the call.

Where is she right now?

Kris dialed her number once more. Kris was relieved when he saw a girl with gown who walked aimlessly.

Kris hissed and rushed toward her, he grabbed Jessica’s wrist. “Why you didn’t pick up the phone?” Kris asked her in harsh tone. “You know how worried am I.”

Jessica looked at him blankly, and averted her gaze, “I don’t have phone. So leave me alone!!” She said and walked again.

Kris gritted his teeth, “You have phone!! You can check it in your bag!!”

Jessica inhaled, then looked at him with cold gaze, “If I say I don’t have phone, it’s mean I don’t have phone!!! Now get lost!!!”

“No!” Kris said. And he dialed her number again, and heard her phone rang from her hand bag. Kris raised his eyebrow, “You don’t have phone? You lie!!”

He was hoping Jessica would yell to him, or even argue more. But he was shocked, Instead yelling or argue. Jessica took out her phone, and throw it to the street.

She glared at him, “Now I don’t have phone and I don’t lie right? Leave me alone!!” Jessica said.

“What happen to you?” Kris almost yelled to her. He never saw Jessica this lifeless. Like she was so exhausted and lost her passion.

Jessica laughed a little, “How naive I can be!” she said in riddle. “I let people hurt me. Funny right?”

“what do you mean?”

“I don’t even know. I am just so tired, so tired. I disappoint on someone who even didn’t care about me! I think..” Jessica laughed without humour, “I think it will be simple. but why I feel so tired?”

Jessica never talk about her feeling, and yet she didn’t know what to feel about this? She didn’t think that  old woman would do this extent. She hated her mom, she never care about her just like she never cared about Jessica.

But her mother didn’t deserve to be blamed. To be the blacksheep. For heaven’s sake her mom already died.

And part of her, scared. They knew about the her dream, her career in music. She didn’t want her dream ruined. She would die if she couldn’t go to Julliard. She had no other purpose.

Her life would empty. Then she isn’t Jessica Jung anymore.

“Can I ask you something?” Jessica asked Kris.

Kris nodded, although he didn’t understand anything. But he wanted to erase that depressed expression from Jessica.

Well, with exception. If Jessica asked him to leave, he will ignore it.

“Hug me for a while.” She said.

Jessica never fail to shock Kris, but this time was the most surprising thing that Jessica ever did.

Kris pulled Jessica to him, and wrapped her arms around Jessica’s body. “I will be here. Don’t worry.” He had the urge to say that words.

To comfort Jessica.

To give Jessica all the things she wanted.

To have Jessica in his hug like this...

Kris stiffed about all the new feeling that he felt toward this girl, but he choose to ignore it now. He just wanted to hug Jessica.

To feel her heart beat and hearing her breath for a moment.



I don't feel satisfy with this chapter, I want to make it more dramatic but I...yeah too tired because of today.

I can conclude something from what I exprience today...

Me+Mother+aunt+ go to shopping mall+ highheels = disaster.

hope you love Krissica slow progress romance, yeah because Luhan and Seohyun in charge of romantic while Krissica in bickering.

but don't worry next chapter they would be bickering, although their romance also started...