chapter 77 guilty and worry are never enough

Stop All the Pretend things

Some people just learn about pain
Since they were small
Money or not never be a measure
~Kris Seo~



Ahn Joo-hee poured the tea to the fine China, that was a present when she was married. Her parents ordered it in limited edition knowing that her only daughter would marry to the famous Seo family.

Joohee smiled softly when the tea filled the cup. So beautiful and calming, one of her hobbies was tea party. The scent floated in the room, that make her smiled.

she just wanted to drink the tea, when she saw Kris walked to the house. Joohee stopped and watched him. She hadn’t saw Kris for three days. His wound seemed healed better than her.

He was so handsome, he grew up really well. Joohee though, even without her love, Kris grew up really well, didn’t him?

He was tall and handsome, just like his other big brothers, his skin was so pale no matter how many days he spent under the sun to play basketball? He grew up beautifully. He was made with love but borned with hatred.

He was beautiful baby. His eyes mirrored the pureness that Joohee ever saw in the kid? Like he was saying, why are you in pain, Eomma? I am right here. His grip was so strong.

He was full of love. He wasn’t as smart as Changmin or Inguk but he was the strongest? He hardly cried at night, perhaps he knew how much Joohee in pain so he endured it also.

Because of her selfishness, she hurt Kris the most. Why she had to say it to Jaebom? She knew her marriage wasn’t from love. They just made for business. Jaebom needed someone to make up his reputation. Her parents needed access to enter Korea market.

Purely business, but Joohee kept thinking that they should live according to their marriage vows. They made the vows in front of priest.

She just never thought that Jaebom would sneaked out behind her and had affair with his own secretary. How long? Even before he was married to her, their vow was all game to Jaebom.

Then since when it started? One fight to another, and another again. Until Joohee caught him with his secretary in their room. She wanted to revenge, to make Jaebom felt the same pain like hers.

She told him, that one of his kids wasn’t Jaebom. Jaebom just concluded it was Kris, and Joohee let him.

Because she wanted seeing Jaebom face when he realized he hurted his own flesh, and loved another person’s kid. She wanted it so bad, to hurt Jaebom.

But she didn’t realize it hurt Kris also, she couldn’t bring herself to look at Kris. Not because she hated Kris, but because she loved him alot. She felt guilty, and dirty.

Everytime Kris saw her with love and adoration, she wanted to die so hard, because she didn’t deserve it. she wanted to stop but her pride stop her, she wouldn’t lose again.

She was half way toward victory.

And now, did it matter anymore? When Kris always protected her from the beaten? All Kris ever did is love her. But have she ever loved Kris unconditionally without her pride?

Then what about Seohyun?    

Kris was strong then is it okay, right?

Joohee didn’t know again, it pained her so much to do this but she couldn’t stop. She just couldn’t stop.

Kris stopped his track to the house, and looked at Joohee. He looked hesistated, but then he walked to Joohee with worry in his eyes, Joohee had to look to another direction, “Eomma.”

“Ah.” Joohee busied herself with teapot.

“Are you okay?”    

Stupid kid, why you asked Joohee condition? Why you have to worry about her? He must hate Joohee. Stop looking at her with those eyes, how many times Joohee had to hurt him so he would stop?

“Yes.”

Kris tightened his lips, “Oh good, I....”

“Just get in before he saw you.” Joohee cut him, she couldn’t let Kris know how much she loved him. “Don’t look at me.”

She said harshly, she saw Kris clenched his fist. “Is it too much to just look at me?” Kris asked her, “You never hug me, but can’t you just look at me? I am okay, Eomma. I am not hurt.”

“So?” Joohee bowed to see her tea cup. “You know the reason I can’t look at you. At least don’t let yourself get hurt because of me.” She forced the harshed words to Kris.

Kris chuckled bitterly, his voice hoarse, “I am a beggar in this house, the father isnot my real father, he hated me normally. And my own mother couldn’t even look at me.” He said sharply. “I beg alot, but you will never give it.”

Stupid. The one who should beg for fogiveness was Joohee, not Kris. “Then throw it away.” She rearranged the cup and spoon over and over again. “You are okay, then get in.”

“aren’t you curious, where am I?”

“Nope.” Joohee rejected him, “I am tired, please leave me alone.” She said coldly.

“I understand.” Kris voice become stiff, “Even talking with me is hard for you.” He left with anger.

Joohee lifted her head, and watched her son back toward the house, the angry posture. His back wasn’t small anymore, atleast.

At least, his posture not the slump small back anymore. The defeated looked everytime he met Joohee when he was 10. The fragile back, the tremble voice that hurt from her rejection.

Joohee bit her lower lips when she felt tears fell down to her face again, she wanted to apologize, to kneel down in front Kris. But then how about Seohyun? How about her revenge?

Did she even deserve to do that?

“Are you happy, now?” she looked up just to see Changmin who stood stiffly in front of her. “You hurt your son again, Have you ever called his name?” Changmin asked her.

“Call his name once, even if you can’t look at his face, madam Ahn.” Changmin said coldly. “It will be less hurt for him.”

Joohee knew it, even without changmin pointed what is obvious. she already couldn’t sleep and how much it hurted her. The pain that she brought to herself and him.

In the end that Joohee could do only crying.



breaking news
This year seemed like a dynamic years for the Im group. Just several months ago, they announced the new family member, miss Jung, 18 to the world and engagement with the hearthrobe Kris seo.

 

In this months, Im group announced that Im Yoona’s engagement with Oh sehun from Oh group is cancelled. The tied that bind two youngster since 4 years ago just not enough anymore, the source said that both of the parties agreed since the kids themselves decided on it....
.....

Jessica turned off her television and sighed. The news spread in blink of eyes, almost all the program in TV announced the same things.

It should never bothered her, but she felt restless and the thought about Yoona kept haunting her mind. she loathed those feelings. She hated the way she felt guilty.

She needed someone who could divert her attention. Just where the hell Kris seo when she needed him to argue? She hadn’t met him since she got home. Was he going home already?

Jeez, at least he should have manner and told her about it. well, not like Jessica care, although somehow his absence made her apartement emptier. She just accustomed to argue with him even the smallest matter.

Jessica paced back and forth in her apartement, eish. Why did  she think about that jerk? Well, she lived alone by herself for 18 years, so what? Must be the bad weather affected her.

She hissed, she worried alot these days. She looked her reflection on mirror, “YAH! Are you Jessica Jung?” she asked her reflection.
Who is Jessica Jung again?

The never care Jessica Jung? Jessica Jung never thought about someone else, she just needed herself, she just cared about herself. She didn’t have family, she didn’t have friends, she didn’t have fiancee.

Then what was she doing right now? Pacing back and forth thinking about Yoona? About Kris?

She threw herself to the sofa, and searching for her music sheet. She could compose something rather than thinking about unessecary things.

She just wanted to write something when she heard the door bell.

She blew her bang, so now he decided to come? Jessica folded her arms and ignored the door bell. See, Jessica wouldn’t open the door again for him.

She made those mistake few nights ago, opening the door, let him staying for nights and mess with her head, she wouldn’t make the same mistake again. Let him stand freezing outside.

The door bell kept ringing, once it stopped, it rang again. Jessica clenched her fist, deciding to chase him out by herself. She opened the door, “Can you leave me alone, jerk?”

“Are you waiting for someone else?”

Jessica couldn’t believe her eyes, she saw someone who she thought wouldn’t ever in her life visiting. “Im yoona what are you doing?”

“Can I get in?” Yoona gave pale smile. “I don’t know to go where anymore.”