Chapter 27. What the...?

Stop All the Pretend things

"Sometimes hoping for something is hurt.
But sometimes it is hard to prevent it
And what should I do because there was the only things that
I could do?"

-Im Yoona

 

 

 

This is better not become a hobby!!

Jessica cursed in her head, in the both of languange she could, English and Korea. The old woman loved to call her.

Didn’t she know that someone might die if this kept on continuing? It is either the twins or Jessica. And Jessica is sure that she was the one who's gonna die.
Yeah how could she win in two againts one?

If she won, she will become a boxer not a violinst.

And because Jessica was annoyed by the call, she decided to annoy her grandmother too, she deliberately wore the short dress that only covered her upper tight and converse shoe.

She walked to the most familiar room in this house. The maid and the butler kept eyeing on her like she's going to steal something from this house.

“Miss Jessica is here Madam!” the maid told to her grandmother.

Yang Chunja almost got a heart attack by this girl, she could tolerate her blonde hair but this time is just too much.

She dyed her hair from lightbrown shade to orange, there were white highlight, also at the lower part of her hair she dyed with purple, pink and blue. Just like a rainbow.

“What happened to your hair?” Chunja asked her, that was not the things that she wanted to talk  but she's shocked by her hair.

Jessica rolled her eyes, “Did you just call me for this?  About my hair?” she asked with bored tone. “If yes, I suggest you send me home. Now.”

Chunja only could sighed heavily. There's no point arguing with this girl. She's too stubborn. Chunja had to make this girl coorperate with them. “Listen Sooyeon, the Im family will make a formal announcement about your existence.” She started the converstation.

Jessica lift her eyebrow, as a sign she didn’t believe it. “Are you sick? Or the Im's dirty little secret is at stake?” she asked her. “Wow! I am gonna congratulate the paparazzis. They've done a good job.”

“It’s not because of the paparazis, Sooyeon. That’s because we already decided for you to be part of this family.” Chunja tried to held her temper. She had lot of things to tell this girl.

“I don’t need this!” Jessica rejected as soon as she heard the reason, “I don’t need that stupid announcement, I just need you to give me money or just send me back to London.”

“That's final!” Chunja said in firm tone, “If you wanted to still get money from this family, you have to follow it. I will say that you are the long lost Im family line, and we are going to adopt you.”

Jessica suddenly bursted in laugh, she shook her head, “You just make me as the poor cinderella and the Im family is my knight with shining armour. You know, you can work as script writer.” She mocked her grandmother.

Yes, Jessica would become the poor little maiden that they saved. How ironic that they threw her from the start, now because of she had more value, they wanted to take her back.

Jessica wasn’t that stupid, she knew that she valued more now. The family wouldn’t admit it if she brought nothing good to them. Perhaps, they were afraid that when the secret revealed their stock would drop.

“It’s for your own sake also, I will send you more money, I’ll give what you want and as the legal Im family you could get any privilage.”

“So, in the other words, if I don't want, you will stop the financial support? What a game, halmoni.” She folded her leg, “But do it! Tell the public, I don’t even care!”

Yeah, Jessica knew that the money now was very important. She had her own bank account which Im family has no clue about. She got lot of money after she worked her in music while in London.

But no way Jessica would use it, she would use it when she enters Julliard later, if the family refused to pay for her.

Her grandmother didn’t know that Jessica saved lot of money already, in a bank in London. Yeah well, getting her mom's signature isn’t as hard as she thought.

After she enters Julliard, and she will be free from this family. She had prepared her own future, because no one could do that for her. She anticipated well. Call her wicked but that was life.

So, if just became the fake legal family to get the money, while she was living in Korea, Jessica would do that.

“But there's more, Sooyeon.” Chunja said, before sighed deeply, “You are going to be engaged with someone.”

“WHAT?! Are you crazy?!” Jessica yelled and she jumped from her seat, “You're getting out of line! No!”

Chunja glared to her, “Yes! Because it will strenghten your position in society's eyes.” Chunja gave her the explanation that she had prepared before.

“NO! I won’t!” Jessica glared to her, “I’m not going to be your puppet! This isn’t for me, but for your damn family, and no I won’t”

Chunja closed her eyes, “Yes you will, Jung Sooyeon! You will be engaged with him as soon as possible, I even have planned the party..”

Jessica laughed, she couldn’t believe it. She's cold, rude and has no manners but she's the person that never makes the promise that she didn’t intend to keep. Engagement is a big thing. “You know, if you're that eager, why don’t you engage yourself with him? You are single, right? Mingle with him!”

Chunja can never be more shocked this time, the words was too harsh, how could she said that to the woman who was older than her. Chunja deserved respect. “Jung Sooyeon!” Chunja hit the table with her palm.

“What? Didn't you remember, I will only stay in Korea for a year, and I never wanted to be tied here.” Jessica didn’t flinch. She's not afraid, and she will say whatever she wanted to.

“It's just an engagement! I don’t ask you to marry him.” Chunja said, even it's half lie, there was no way she could let Jessica be free, if marrying him is the only way. That wedding will and must happen.

“You think I’m stupid? In Korea the engagement in such a young age, means wedding. Am I stupid? You will really do anything so that the stocks won’t drop!!”

Chunja knew that what the latter said is quite true, but as long as Jessica didn’t figure out the real reason, everything's gonna be okay for them. She's a worth of 20% stock.

“No you don’t need to do that!” Chunja said, “This is only a temporary engagement, Sooyeon! If you agreed with this, I will send you right after the graduation.”

Chunja is lying, but that girl didn’t need to know, Chunja would do whatever it takes in the argument until she figured out the next step. “How is it?”

“Madam.” The butler opened the door again, “Mr.Seo and his son have arrived.” He announced.

“Let them in!” Chunja said before lowering her voiced, “Behave, Sooyeon. I will gave you time until the party. Think carefully.”

Jessica sent the old woman a glare full of hatred, the hatred that she didn’t bother to cover. But is her time to be shocked the moment she saw the people entering the room.

 



Kris glanced at his father that sat besides him, he can't believe he obeyed him. He asked him to meet the long lost line of Im family. Like just Kris cares, it has nothing to do with him.

The Im family had nothing to with him, the only thing that Im family became Kris’ concern because his sister was engaged with Luhan, his bestfriend.

But his father threatened him with his mom, and Kris didn’t know but no one could touch his mom. Although his mother barely talked to him, he loved her, just like he cared about his sister, Seohyun.

“Remember behave!” his father warned him before they got down from car. Kris was following him like the puppy, because there was his only choice. He couldn’t do such heroic escape just like the what the movies stars do.

“Mr. Seo and his son have arrived.” The butler said.

Kris wondered where was Luhan, at least that boy could do is to help him to escape. Kris almost facepalm himself, of course Luhan wasn’t at home. He's 100% sure that Luhan has a date with his sister.

Kris entered the room, and exclaimed, “You!!” he saw Jessica sat there.

But her hair wasn’t blonde anymore, the more Kris saw it, the crazier it became, and she wore something that totally different when Kris saw her yesterday, today she looked much different, not to mention, wild.

“Mr. Seo welcome.” She said, “Hi Kris.”

Kris bowed 90 degrees to Luhan’s grandmother, but he couldn’t cover his shocked.

“Mr. Seo, this is Jessica Jung, or Jung Sooyeon and she's the long lost line of Im. She is from London, so hope you understand her behaviour.” Luhan grandmother said.

Long lost line of Im, why didn’t he know about this? Why Luhan didn’t tell him that Jessica is the long lost Im?

“Oh, no. Actually I want to bow but my skirt is too short.” Jessica said with sarcasm.

His father seemed shocked, but Kris only could hold his laughter. His father would face someone that have more rude behaviour than Kris.

Luhan’s grandmother cleared awkwardly, “Let’s sit Mr.Seo, Kris.” She said and waited until they sat, “Kris you know Jessica right?”

Kris nodded, “Yes, Halmoni.” He said politely.

“So, Mr.Seo, have you told your Kris about it?” she asked.

Mr. Seo shook his head, “Not yet. I hope Madam Im would do it better than me.” His father said.

Tell me what?

Kris started to get suspicious at them, there's something that they are hiding.

“Kris, I want to tell you, your father and I have talked about your engagement with our Sooyeon!” Luhan’s grandmother said in kind tone.

“What?” Kris shocked, he did expect this, not to that extent that he will be engaged with another girl. “I never knew about this before.” Kris said, and he pointed Jessica, “You know about, right?”

“No! I just know it about ten minutes ago, and I don’t know it is you. Wow!” Jessica rolled her eyes. “My life keeps getting worse.”

Kris wanted to argue with her but he still remembered Luhan's grandmother sat there. He could be rude with his father, but he has to respect the elder and he knew it's not polite to argue in front of elders.

“Why, halmoni?” Kris asked Luhan's grandmother.

Luhan’s grandmother smiled, “Because I think you and Jessica will suitable for each other.”

Jessica chuckled, “Yeah, we are suitable to provide a lot of money. Don’t need to cover it with a sweet lie, Halmoni. He also knew it all along.”

The way she said the word halmoni was full of mocking tone. Like she was challenging Luhan’s grandmother to snap at her.

“Jung Sooyeon!!” Luhan’s grandmother raised her voice at her.

“Did I say something wrong? All the people in this room knew it well..” Jessica said, “So, stop all the pretend things!”

Luhan’s grandmother closed her eyes, like trying to hold her anger.

Kris also didn’t agree with that but he would talk it with his father later in school, but he wouldn’t debate it here. “Halmoni, could you reconsider again?” Kris asked her.

“There is nothing to reconsider, Kris!” his father said, his eyes like threatened him that if he said anything again his mother would be punished.

But somehow the engagement with this girl wouldn’t as bad as he thought.

“Then it is settled. Your engagement party will be held next week. I will contact our public relation. ”

“Are you crazy?!” Jessica exclaimed, “I'm not coming, you didn’t even tell me that it will be publicized.”

Yang Chunja knew that this girl would be trouble, “Two weeks again, and then you have to come Sooyeon.” She said in firm voice. “I know you are nervous to face paparazi, but prepare youself, Sooyeon!”

Jessica clenched her hands, and then glared at the grandmother, “You are really good at this game, no?” she said, “Go engage yourself.” She rushed out the room.

“Kris how about you?” Luhan’s halmoni asked him. He took a short glance at his father, then he only could nod.

He couldn’t disagree like: Jessica, because his mom was at stake. He couldn’t harm his mom. “I will talk to Jessica...” he said before bowing and went out from the room.

“Are you sure the girl would do that?” Mr. Seo asked Yang Chunja. “Because that girl seemed uncontrollable!”

Chunja grinned slyly, “What do you think? She would do that! Now we only had to take care public.” She said.

And the Oh family.



double update..hope you love it because I wouldn't be able to update on satuday and sunday..

so it's the update...

hope you love it..

next chapter the bickering couple back...

 

-edited by: heartsica 6/13/2014 9:13pm