The test

Seducing him in 10 steps

Eunmi fidgeted on her chair and checked her pencil case over and over, making sure she bought the necessary drawing materials. Jaejoong caressed her cheek and gave her an assuring smile.

"It'll be fine. Don't think of anything else. Just give it your all." Jaejoong smiled.

Eunmi nodded gratefully.

The painting test started in no time. Eunmi bit the ends of her paint brushes and gazed at the blank piece of canvas.

"Courage."

It was their theme. How was she supposed to draw courage? Of a man fighting a tiger? Of someone doing public speaking in front of a school?

This was simply too abstract. She would have done better if the theme was just drawing an amusement park or something. She bit her lips and bore holes into the canvas.

The other students had already started their work and time was slowly ticking away. Jaejoong frowned worriedly, seeing Eunmi with a blank expression on her face.

He knocked on the glass to get her attention. She looked up and Jaejoong smiled. "I love you. Fighting!" he mouthed.

Eunmi broke into a pleasant smile. Something in her triggered.

*That's right!* Eunmi brightened. *The thing about courage is not only the brave act itself. But also the fact that you are giving your all because you care about something or someone. The fact that the love for him is so strong, you are willing to risk your everything.*

She picked up her paintbrush and began drawing.



Eunmi took one test after the other. First he practical painting test. Then the history of arts and music exams, piano recital, and fine dining with the examiners.

Through out the whole thing, Eunmi kept thinking of Jaejoong.

How much she loved him. How important he was to her. How there was no way she could live without him ever.

How he made his way to her heart unconsciously. How he had initially pretended to care for her, and how it eventually led to real love.

*I must succeed for Joongie.* she gritted her teeth and went through the whole thing putting in her all.

Jaejoong squeezed her hand lightly and rubbed his hand that was wound round her shoulder against her arm. Eunmi took a shaky breath and pursed her lips, her heart beating crazily.

The door opened and Secretary Kang came out. This was it.



>>>> REWIND

"Are you kidding me?" Mr Kim yelped, his eyes wide. "How is that even possible?"

The three teachers looked down. "Let us explain Mr Kim." the art teacher bowed.

"Honestly, Eunmi doesnt really have talent in art, since she's kind of impatient and doesn't really have fine painting details. However, her work, of Courage, was the only one amongst my class's top students that really portrayed the real passion for the courage."

Mr Kim frowned. "What do you mean? How can she be better than the other top students?"

The teacher smiled. "Her painting skills are bound to be inferior without doubt. But she has caught the real feelings instead of just painting a pretty picture. This is something that none of the other students could do. I could feel the love she has for what she desires, and this is what fuels the courage for what she's doing. And I think this reflects how she's feeling now, fighting for your blessing."

"What matters is not her work," the teacher continued. "But the fact that she is willing to go through all these because she loves your son. I think that is more important. With regards to her legibility to be the Kim's daughter-in-law, it can be further trained."

Mr Kim remained silent for a while. He recalled the times when he had fought for Mrs Kim's hand in marriage. How her family was one of the richest families in Korea and he was just a pauper. How they had fallen in love. And how he strove to get Mrs Kim's hand in marriage and opened the company he now owned.

"Continue explaining." he signaled to the other two teachers.



Jaejoong glanced at Eunmi and threw her a smile. "It's going to be okay." he whispered, not sure if he believes in what he says of not.

 

-----------------------------------

OMG GUYYYSSSSS!!!

I can't believe it!! O.o

I'm ranked number 10 on the popular author list!!!! *THROWS CONFETTI*

I'm so surprised:D thank you my dear dongsaeng Music_Melodysearchwiddit.png for telling me!

th_Clapminho.gifth_Wowonew.gifth_Dancetaemin2.gifth_tumblr_l77vxxxknr1qa1d0io1_250.gifth_tumblr_l9h8btDEcZ1qc7egb.gif

Thank you all my readers! :D

I'm so happy I decided to update today and tomorrow! <3