Date with Best Friend

Seducing him in 10 steps

L.Joe led Eunmi to the riverside and pulled out a piece of cloth, laying it on the grass. He patted the cloth and smiled," come on, sit!"

Eunmi grinned and plopped herself beside L.Joe, who started taking out sandwiches and orange juice from his bag.

"Woah you've got everything ready?" Eunmi gasped in surprise.

L.Joe grinned and handed her the sandwich. "Of course! Who am I? I know you so well!"

"That's why youre my bestest best friend in the world Byunghun Oppa!" Eunmi grinned and bit into the sandwich.

L.Joe cringed, hearing the "friend" word. *When will you stop seeing me as a friend?* he thought sadly.

L.Joe sighed and turned to reach for his own piece of sandwich, when he realized it wasn't there anymore. His eyes fell on Eunmi gobbling on her sandwich, with a guilty expression.

"Park Eunmi!" he raised his brows. "Did you eat my sandwich?"

Eunmi gulped and handed the sandwich back, half eaten. "Sorry but I finished mine too fast!" she yelped.

L.Joe chuckled. "Park Eunmi!!!" he pretended to be angry and tried to reach for her. Eunmi panicked and took off, running as fast as she could. L.Joe smiled at her cute child-like behavior and raced after her, calling her name.

"Park Eunmi! You better spit my portion of the sandwich back!" he pretended to threaten her. Eunmi giggled and ran away.



(MEANWHILE)

Jaejoong walked briskly (which was actually ran but he insisted on it being called walked briskly.. Heh.) from the bus stop to the ice cream cafe. He was surprised to find it totally empty, with Mr Jung closing up the shop.

"Mr Jung!" Jaejoon ran up to him, panting. "The shop's closed so early today? Where's Eunmi?"

Mr Jung sighed. "Her boyfriend threatened to bring me to the police if I didn't let her have a break and took her out on a date."

"BOYFRIEND???!!!" Jaejoong shrieked.

Mr Jung smiled bitterly at Jaejoong and patted his shoulder. "Don't worry. You can find another girl anytime! You're a hot guy too! But maybe not as hot as the blonde one to Eunmi.."

Jaejoong gritted his teeth. *Blonde guy? Lee Byunghun? That lee Byunghun is behaving suspiciously! This isn't how a best friend behaves!*

"He isn't her boyfriend!" Jaejoong snapped. "He's her best friend! Get the difference??"

Mr Jung nodded meekly and watched as Jaejoong stomped away.

"Why am I being intimidated by so many young good looking guys today?" he asked.



Eunmi and L.Joe sat by the river, watching the night scene as the boats rowed by. Eunmi shivered a little in the night breeze and sneezed.

"Hey don't catch a cold. Here I'll lend you my jacket." L.Joe prepared to take his jacket off when Eunmi stopped him.

"I have a jacket." she smiled and pulled a black sporty jacket from her bag.

She put it on, and took a deep whiff, looking content and happy. The jacket seemed like what a guy would wear, and it hung loosely from her shoulders.

"This doesn't look like what a girl will wear.." L.Joe said slowly.

Eunmi smiled. "Yeah. This was Vampire ert's but he gave it to me the other day."

L.Joe's face fell. "It's Jaejoong's?" he asked in a low voice. "He.. Gave you his jacket.. And.. You're wearing it.."

Eunmi clutched the jacket tighter and recalled the kiss Jaejoong placed on her cheek. Her cheeks instantly turned bright pink.

L.Joe's heart sank. *Did she already fall for Jaejoong?*

"Yah Eunmi ah.." L.Joe called softly. "Tell me honestly.. Did you already fall for Jaejoong?"

Eunmi was startled. "Of course not! How can I like him! I'll lose the bet!"

"Good then." L.Joe smiled mildly.

*So if it wasn't for the bet,* L.Joe frowned. *You'd have fallen for him long ago?*