New romance?

Seducing him in 10 steps

L.Joe winced as her saw Eunmi and Jaejoong kissing in front of everybody. They didn't seem to mind the attention, not the screams and flashes from the cameras. In fact, they didn't seem to notice at all.

They were so immersed in their own world, where there was only Kim Jaejoong and Park Eunmi.

L.Joe's heart sank. "I knew I didn't have a chance with her." he mumbled.

He watched as Jaejoong smiled brightly and kissed Eunmi's forehead. The latter flushed bright red and took a step back.

Naturally, being Eunmi, she lost her balance and was on the verge of falling over.

L.Joe instinctively took a step forward to help her, when Jaejoong already grabbed onto her waist and hoisted her up. Eunmi smiled appreciatively and Jaejoong was seen to be mumbling something to her and smacking her forehead.

L.Joe lowered his head and turned around so he wouldn't see them.

"I guess it's not my job to protect you anymore Eunmi." he muttered. "After so many years, you've finally found somebody who'll protect you with all his heart."

L.Joe blinked back his tears and went off.

 

L.Joe reached Jung's ice cream cafe and stood outside of the shop.

A cyclist passed by and rang the bell to alert him. L.Joe snapped out of his thoughts and jumped to the side of the road.

His eyes widened when he realized where he had ended up unconciously.

"I came here again." L.Joe muttered. "Eunmi's not even here today. It's not her shift today."

L.Joe turned to go when he stopped.

"Ice cream is one of the things beside alcohol to heal a broken heart right?" he smiled mildly.

He turned back and entered the cafe. Mr Jung saw him and raised his brows. "You're here again? Eunmi's not here today!" he exclaimed.

L.Joe nodded. "I know. I'm here for ice cream."

"One extra large tropical fruit mix." L.Joe said lifelessly.

Mi Hye, who was on duty blinked. "Okay. Coming up!" she smiled.

She cut the fruits and noticed the hottie in front of her staring blankly at the wall. *He seems to be preoccupied about something.* she thought.

"You know Eunmi unnie?" Mi Hye asked cheerfully, trying to create some small talk.

L.Joe looked up. He remained silent for a while. "Yeah." he finally said. "I'm her... neighbour."

Mi Hye noticed L.Joe wincing when he said the last word. She frowned.

"Are you Lee Byunghun sshi?" She asked.

L.Joe nodded, surprised. "I've heard about you from Eunmi unnie!" Mi Hye smiled. "She said that you're a great friend!"

L.Joe lowered his gaze. "Yeah. Friend."

Mi Hye flinched, hearing the sadness in his voice. *Does he...like Eunmi unnie?*

Mi Hye bit her lips and scooped the ice cream. "Eunmi unnie.. she seems to have someone she likes." she said carefully.

L.Joe nodded. "Yeah. She and Jaejoong became official today." sadness was evident in his eyes.

Mi Hye pursed her lips. *So that's why he's looking so sad. This isn't right! Such a good-looking and great guy should be happy with some girl.*

"Here's your ice cream." Mi Hye smiled and passed him the extra big bowl. "Eat well. Ice cream can cure anything. Really everything." She winked.

L.Joe sensed the underlying meaning and nodded, smiling mildly. Minjung felt her heart doing somersaults when he did that. *He really is good-looking. I'm glad he's smiling.*

L.Joe sat at the back of the empty shop, (Empty because Eunmi wasn't there) and ate his ice cream silently.

Mi Hye threw glances at him frequently, taking note of little things at a time.

The shirt he was wearing.

The shade of his blonde hair.

The sorrowful expression that seemed to be disappearing with every mouth of the dessert.

*I hope he will get over it soon.* Minjung sighed.

She looked at the tubs of delicious ice cream and was reminded of her own heartbreak.

FLASHBACK

"Doojoon Sunbae, Please accept my letter!" Mi Hye bowed and held out the letter she spent ages writing. "I've liked you for a long time. Please accept my feelings!"

Doojoon blinked and burst into laughter. Mi Hye looked up, surprised.

"Omo you hear that? The ahjuma likes me!" Doojoon guffawed.

"Haha this is too funny! Wow hyung your charisma is seriously jjang!" Kikwang clutched his stomach.

Doojoon stifled his laughter and put on a serious expression. "Lee Mi Hye, I only have interest in girls my age. Or at least, look my age. You look double my age with that hair and clothes of yours! Get it?"

Mi Hye nodded, blinking back her tears and ran away with her letter that was unread.

She stayed at home the next day, gorging herself silly with ice cream. Spoonful after spoonful, the cold dessert seemed to act as an ice pack for her wounded heart, to freeze all emotions such that she doesn't feel the pain.

After a week, even though her wallet became significantly lighter because of her ice cream consumption, and she gained at least 2 kilograms, she became a happier person.

END OF FLASHBACK

"Excuse me?"

Mi Hye blinked and looked up. L.Joe looked down at her worriedly. "Are you okay?" he asked tenderly.

Mi Hye smiled. "I'm fine. Don't worry."

L.Joe nodded and handed her the empty bowl. "Thank you for the ice cream. It was great."

Mi Hye grinned. "I'm glad. Have a safe trip home."

She turned to take the bowls to the sink when L.Joe called her.

"Excuse me!"

Mi Hye turned, surprised. "May I.. May I have your name?" L.Joe hesitated.

Mi Hye's eyes widened in shock. This was the first time a hottie like him ever bothered to say more than two words to an ahjuma like her.

"Lee Mi Hye." Minjung smiled. "My name is Lee Mi Hye."

L.Joe nodded and left. *Lee Mi Hye. Thank you Lee Mi Hye.*