Am I too late?

Memories

2 Years Later (IN US)

 

*Knock knock*

 

Secretary: Mrs Heo, the representative from Korea have arrive to the US to discuss the product line with us.

Gayoon:”Okay, go pick him up”

Secretary:”But Mrs Heo, the representative says that he’s hungry so he would like us to meet him at the restaurant tonight at 7pm.”

Gayoon:”What the hell, you know my rule, I don’t meet with anyone outside my office”

Secretary:”Yes, Mrs. Heo we told him that but he said then there’s no further discussion need… and Mrs.Heo you know he’s a big supplier head, I think we should accommodate his request.”

Gayoon:”Sigh…Fine…”

Secretary:”Okay, I’ll reply him now”

 

Gayoon POV

 

As she reach to the restaurant at night, she got stop by the hostess:”Are you Mrs.Heo?”

Gayoon:”Yes I am”

Hostess:”Please follow me”

Gayoon followed her to a changing room

Hostess:”Here’s a dress, the person ask you to please put it on then go in”

 

Gayoon was cursing inside her head she put on an elegant long white dress and walk into the restaurant to see that the whole restaurant was empty, except a table in the middle. It looked like a romantic dinner.

Gayoon shake her head

 

Gayoon approach the table, and there was no one there, she say it out loud:”Geez! You invite me here, make me put on a dress and you are not even here?! What the hell!” then she felt a poke from behind, she flinch and turn around and was going to yell:”YOU ARE FINALLY HERE!” but she got stun by a beautiful woman no other than…her.

 

Gayoon:”J..iyoon…?”

Jiyoon smiled at her:”Hi, Mrs. Heo, I’m the representative of Korea” she took her hand out to shake Gayoon hand.

Gayoon immediately shake her hand:”Oh…Hi…Mrs…?”

Jiyoon smiled at her once again:”Call me Jiyoon”

Gayoon:”Ah…alright…”

Jiyoon went behind her and took out the chair:”Here, have a seat”

Gayoon sat down and said:”Thank you”

They sat down and order their supper..

 

Gayoon who doesn’t know what to say:”oh..so about the contract..”

Jiyoon:”Aw come on, can’t we talk about something else first?”

Gayoon:”Oh…yes…of course” she was feeling uncomfortable, she didn’t know how to react

Jiyoon:”How’s everything?”

Gayoon:”Ah…okay I guess…”

Jiyoon:”Found a boyfriend?”

Gayoon shake her head:”no…you? You married to…Doojoon yet?”

Jiyoon smiled at her:”Hm, nope…”

Gayoon felt happy that she still haven’t marry to Doojoon. So they start chitchatting about everything and ask how each other is doing.

 

Then at the end, they signed the contract. When they were about to leave, Gayoon asked how long Jiyoon was going to stay here. Jiyoon answered saying 2 weeks so Gayoon offer to hang out with her in which Jiyoon quickly accepted.

 

They were hanging out everyday, having fun just like usual, both of them still have feeling for each other. It felt like nothing changed, they were always in their own little world, always happy to see each other. At the end of Jiyoon trip, Gayoon decided to send Jiyoon to the airport herself. Once Jiyoon was going to go in, she gave Gayoon a card:” I hope you will be here to attend my wedding, it will be next month. You will come right?”

Gayoon was shock from the statement, she looked at her and nod :”Oh… Of..course..”

Jiyoon smiled at her:”I’ll see you there then! I’m very happy that you will come! Oh yeah,no need to bring any gift okay? ” then she went into the booth.

 

Gayoon see Jiyoon walking in, even though she knows she will be seeing her again, very soon but her heart is hurting, she doesn’t wanna see her love to get marry in front of her own eyes…<Am I too late…?>