At the Party

Memories

Back to Gayoon

That night, Gayoon ran home in the rain, not long after Jiyoon and Doojoon went into the hotel, it started to rain very hard. She was all soaked, as she reaches home, lifeless, the servants quickly give her a towel and was drying her up. All the commotion in the house has woken up her mother.

Gayoon mom: “What’s with all these noises this late at night?”

Servant: “Miss Gayoon came back all soaked, madam, we are currently drying her up hoping she won’t get sick.”

Gayoon mom: “I see, how is she?”

Servant: “She look ..terrible madam, it look like someone just shatter her heart!! ”

Gayoon mom looked at the servant: “Ok, you can leave now.”

Gayoon mom walks to her daughter room, her door was open, so she took a peek, she saw Gayoon sitting on the bed curling like a little squirrel. She approaches her: “Gayoon, what’s wrong?”

Gayoon: “Nothing mother, please leave me alone”

Gayoon mom:” You went to see her isn’t it?”

Gayoon nods

Gayoon mom: “What happened now? What did she do to you?”

Gayoon: “Nothing mom, just leave me alone” she slightly raise her voice

Gayoon mom: “Gayoon, I know you are in love with Jiyoon but I cannot permit her and you to be together especially not since she hurt you like this. You looked like how you were before when I forbid you to contact her”

Gayoon with teary eyes: “Mother..I don’t know what to do..I’m all confused”

Mom:” What are you confused about honey?”

Gayoon: “I.. she… I don’t know what is our relationship.. I don’t know what she’s thinking..I’m hurt by her action but is it really what I see/think? I don’t know. Part of me believe she wouldn’t hurt me, but another part of me tell me to believe in what I just saw..”

Mom: “Did she perhaps cheat on you?”

Gayoon: “….” Tears coming out of her eyes

Mom: “Shh, I won’t force you to tell me right now but if she really did cheat or betray you in any way, just listen to what I say ok? I do everything for your own good. I will be hosting a party in a few days, no matter what just agree to it. ”

Gayoon: “…What?”

Mom:” Remember what I said before? There were 2 conditions for you to accomplish so that I would allow you to hang out with her. This is the 2nd conditions, no matter what you have to do it either way, but if she did betray you, then you are perfectly better off with this idea.”

Gayoon was too heartbroken to think of anything so she just nod and cry in her mother arm and fell asleep. As she sees her daughter sleeping like a princess, she stood up and left her room.

As she reaches her room, she pick up the phone and dial a number: “Yes, everything is going according to the plan” then she hung up

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The party day

Gayoon POV

“I don’t know what today party is consist of, probably business stuff but all I know is that today party, you weren’t invited but when I see you coming out of the car, looking so beautiful in the red dress in which show your perfect curve. I got very excited to see you, I wanted to come down to greet you right away but once I see you wrapping your arm around his, my heart became cold and it hurt. It remind me of that night where you betrayed me. You looked all excited and happy walking into my house is it because you know you will see me or is it because you are with him?”

Some servants was chit-chatting near the door, but something got her attention. They were talking about Doojoon. So Gayoon leaned closer to the door, what she heard had torn her apart. Some household had sent some of their servants over to help out for the party.

Servant 1: “Oh my god, my master’s finally getting serious with a woman!”

Servant 2:” How is that possible? Mr. doojoon have always been a playboy!!!”

Servant 1: “ I know! That’s why I’m saying finally!! He’s been always coming back home alone without bringing any girls home!”

Servant 2:”Wow! Can’t wait to see who’s that woman! Must be super pretty! Have you met her?”

Servant 1: “Yea I met her, she’s very beautiful, I heard that he has finally slept with her few days ago! He was so happy the next day when he came home. Gosh I am glad he’s finally serious!”

Servant 2: “Really? Oh my, I wish I can get to meet her! A girl that attract Mr. Doojoon that much! Must be a sight to die for!”

Servant 1: “Her name is Jeon Jiyoon! If I remember well, he’ll be coming as Mr. Doojoon partner today”

Gayoon couldn’t believe her ears she hold her heart, it was tearing her apart, she accidently fell on the floor which shock the servants. They quickly grab her up and went away to do their work. When the servant 1 reach a quiet place, a mysterious man says :"Good job" then walked away.

Not too long after, her mom came in.

Gayoon mom: “Gayoon? What’s wrong?”

Gayoon with tears in her eyes once again: “Mother..what do I do? I learned a bad truth..my heart is shattering..waaaa mother” she hugs her mom

Gayoon mom:” Shhh, what happened? Shhhh” she pats her daughter

Gayoon: “Jiyoon..she..she really betrayed me..” she kept crying

Gayoon mom: “Shh, it’s ok sweetie, shh, sweetie, can I ask you a question?”

Gayoon nod

Gayoon mom: “What do you think of Yoseob?”

Gayoon: “Yoseob oppa? .. he’s..a very nice gentleman, he’s always there for me when I was down and he’s always willing to help me out..”

Gayoon mom smile: “Do you love him?”

Gayoon was getting confuse: “No mother, I only like him..why?”

Gayoon mom: “Do you want to know what’s today event about?”

Gayoon: “ I don’t care..”

Gayoon mom: “It’s about you honey”

Gayoon: “Mother, I’m confuse, what are you talking about?”

Gayoon mom: “Today is actually an engagement party for you and Yoseob”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Who's that mysterious man that order the servant to do that?

An engagement party for Yoseob and Heo Gayoon!!

How will Jiyoon and Gayoon react to this? Will gayoon listen to her mom due to the betrayal she thinks Jiyoon did to her?

Let's find out next chapter ;)

 

Another side note: "Happy birthday Nationfairy! Thank you for always commenting and encouraging me to write my story! Happy birthday!!"