Necklace

Memories

Let’s go back to the day when Jiyoon left the house in a rush

 “Ouch…my leg hurt so badly .. stupid Gayoon… why does she have to says it in my face that he find that guy cute.. It better not be the yoseob that we know!!! Sigh ..I didn’t even get another hug before leaving her.. I guess I’ll just go back to see her another day.”

The next few days, Jiyoon leg was in so much pain tgat she couldn’t manage to go see Gayoon. She stayed in bed.

A few minute after Yoseob leave

Jiyoon leg felt better so she decided to go see Gayoon. She sneak into Gayoon house and hide behind the bushes, she saw Yoseob come out of the house. To her surprise, it was really the Yoseob they know! She ignored the uneasy feeling in her heart (jealously that Yoseob can go in and out of the house freely), then sneak into the garden and manage to climb up the tree with her leg pain. To her surprise the window was already open and she can see Gayoon sitting on the bed daydreaming.

Jiyoon whisper “Gayooniiii!!”

Gayoon turn her face right away and gave a bright smile that melt Jiyoon immediately. Jiyoon manage to get in but she lost her balance due to the pain and fell on Gayoon again.

Jiyoon: “Sorry…are you ok?”

Jiyoon sees tear in Gayoon eyes: “Omg did I hurt you? Why are you crying?”

Gayoon: “It’s happy tears…I was so worried about you.. how’s your leg?”

Jiyoon: “It hurt so much I couldn’t move so I couldn’t come see you, I’m sorry”

Gayoon smiled and says: “ It’s ok, as long as you are alright” :)

Gayoon help Jiyoon to sit correctly on the bed.

Jiyoon: “So about Yoseob..”

Gayoon: “Oh! Yes he’s the yoseob that we know!”

Jiyoon: “ o.o You remember him..?”

Gayoon: “No, but he says he knew me and you, and that I was always attach to you! And I was…arrogant..”

Jiyoon laughed: “Yes, you were one arrogant and pushy girl!”

Gayoon: “!!!! How?! I don’t ever argue back with anyone…except once…but! how could I be like that?!”

Jiyoon smiled and says: “ You argued with someone? Who?”

Gayoon: “… no one…”
Jiyoon: “Did you argue with your mom?? Why??”

Gayoon nods and says: “because…of someone…”

Jiyoon: “?? Who?”

Then she saw Gayoon looking at her

Jiyoon: “Because of me?..”

Gayoon nod and says: “ Don’t you remember I told you last time that I got lock up and forbid to see you? Well…I argued with her for that”

Jiyoon: “oh… I’m sorry…”

Gayoon: “It’s not your fault..it’s my mom.. I don’t understand why she don’t want me to see you… it’s something about my past..”

Jiyoon: “? The reason you left the house?”

Gayoon: “Yea.. but I have no memories about those years at all… even the ones from when I was younger, I barely have much memories, I can only remember few people..” then with a bitter smile: “Well… nothing I can do right..? I guess I’ll just have to live on like a girl with no past memories…”

That sentence stab into Jiyoon, she right away hug Gayoon closely and whisper in her ears: “ Don’t worry Gayoon, your memories will come back, even if it doesn’t come back, I will always be here beside you, supporting you” and then Jiyoon pull herself out and stare into Gayoon eyes, slowly approaching her.

Gayoon didn’t know what’s going to happen but her heart is telling her to close her eyes while Jiyoon approach her, she could feel Jiyoon breathing, a familiar breathing getting closer and closer to her face, to her surprise she felt something cold around her neck; it was a very pretty necklace.

Jiyoon smiled at her, this necklace is yours, it represent our friendship, I bought it to you in the past. Gayoon look at the necklace and says: “I really love this necklace! I knew I have always have good taste! Jiyoon couldn’t hold her laughter from this cute little angel. Jiyoon then look at gayoon and says: “Do you have any memories of this necklace?”

Gayoon: “No..not at all but it give me a very familiar feeling.. I love it! I’ll never take it off!”

Jiyoon smile bitterly and says: “ You better not! It’s a promise ok? Don’t ever take this necklace off again! Even if we get into argument.. don’t ever throw it back at me! Ever! ok?!”

Gayoon stared at Jiyoon: “Did I ..do something in the past that hurt you? I threw the necklace into you? I’m so sorry…I can’t believe I threw this beautiful necklace into you..”

Jiyoon smile bitterly again and says: “It’s alright, just don’t ever do it again ok?” Then they both hug each other for a long while.