Their Past

Memories

At the hospital

Doojoon was still in bed, taking a rest from the injury, all he has in mind was still Jiyoon, even though he knows everything’s over, he had no more chance. He closes his eyes and started to think about his past.

 

-Decade ago-

Doojoon was at a summer vacation with his family, his parent told him that he’ll be meeting another family there, the “Yang” family, they are as popular as them. Doojoon doesn’t like to make friend, he’s the type of person that rather just be alone. That day his parent brought him to the Yang beach house, as he goes in, everyone bowed down and welcome them, then the family came to greet them.

 

“This is our son Doojoon, and Doojoon this is Yoseob, be nice to each other”, Doojoon was just staring outside the window and didn’t pay attention to Yoseob but him he was staring at him and smiled at him warmly making Doojoon feel uncomfortable.

Without notice, Yoseob grab his hand and says :”Let’s play on the beach” then drag him out of the house making the both family laugh.

 

As they reach the beach, Yoseob just left his hand and went to sit on the beach making Doojoon confused.

 

Doojoon:”Who you think you are! You grab me out like this!”

Yoseob looked at him confused:”I’m sorry, I just didn’t want to stay in there anymore, you can do whatever you want, don’t have to bother with me”

Doojoon laugh:”Why would I even care about you! Perfect for me, I didn’t want to talk to you neither!” as he sat farther away

Yoseob was sighing, he misses Gayoon and can’t wait to go back to see the princess, he wishes everything’s fine with her.

 

The silent is making Doojoon uncomfortable, he never felt this way toward someone, he walk back to Yoseob:” Why do you look so sad man!”

Yoseob:”You know, you don’t have to act like a goody good shoes in front of me, I don’t care, you don’t have to act nice to me, just leave me alone”

Doojoon:”Huh? What the hell?! How dare you speak to me this way!” as he grab his collar and throw Yoseob on the sand

Yoseob:”You..!!” he got up and went to punch Doojoon

After a few fights, they were stop by the maid and got brought back into the house.

Adult:”What the hell! Why did you two get into a fight!”

 

Doojoon family quickly apologized saying sorry it’s must be Doojoon fault because he’s violent and stuff, making Yoseob family uncomfortable. Yoseob was sure that Doojoon was going to protest and tell them that Yoseob was the one who provoke him but he didn’t, Doojoon just remain silent. Then Yoseob, trembling, step out:”I’m sorry Madam, it’s my fault…” making Doojoon shock.

 

Doojoon mom:”Well..this is impossible..” she stares at Doojoon :”Is that true?”

Doojoon just glare at her family:” Whatever you think, it’s always my fault anyways!” then he ran out there

Yoseob family was also shock that Yoseob would provoke him:”Yoseob, what did you do?”

Yoseob:”Umma.. I’m sorry, I’m just a bit down…”

Yoseob mom:”Why honey?”

Yoseob:” You know I didn’t want to come here….I want to stay with Gayoon…”

Yoseob parent laugh:”Haha silly boy, she will be fine! You will see her in a month or two!”

Yoseob frown:”Mhm..”

 They apologized to each for their songs attitude. Yoseob went back to the guest room to take a rest. After a while of sitting in bed, it was time for supper, as he reached down there he sees Doojoon already there. They both stare at each other then look away.

 

Doojoon doesn’t understand why but Yoseob gave him a feeling that he would want to know him better, but knowing his own personality, their friendship won’t go too far, so he restrain himself and just started to eat. After the supper, Yoseob went out to take a walk around the beach, but some kids were there and stoped him andstarted to abuse him:”You the rich boy huh! I heard that in your hometown you only hang out with one girl, you no life” they kept talking bad about him, but Yoseob didn’t pay attention to them and just keep walking forward. One of them pushed him on the sand and they started to attack him, then suddenly they got pull away from someone, it was Doojoon.

 

Doojoon:”Who gave you the right to hurt him!”

All the guys stood up and was going to attack Doojoon but none of them were able to win against him even though they were all bruises. Afterward they all ran away. Doojoon turn around to Yoseob:”Yah! Why didn’t you talk back or fight back! Are you handicap or deaf! Why did you just ignore them!”

 

Yoseob bite his bottom lips and stare at him:”That’s none of ur business! Don’t meddle with my stuff! It’s no good for you!”

Doojoon smiled at him:”What could possible stop me? If I want something I will get it!”

Yoseob just stare at him:”…why did you help me? I am a loner, I’m sure you heard about me, a guy who only follow what his parents told him to do and only hang out with a girl for the whole life..no one want to be my friend..”

Doojoon sigh at him and act cool:”Well, not like my personality attract much friend, I guess we would make a good combination don’t you think?” he hand out his hand “Let’s be friend!”

Yoseob stare at his hand, he has waited for so long to have a friend other than Gayoon, he hesitate but slowly went to get his hand.

 

Afterward, everyday they spend their time together, going to the beach, surfing, running around, pranking the other kids. They had lots of fun, but Yoseob felt something weird, As he kept thinking, Doojoon suddenly put a bottle of water in front of him:”Here, I know you are thirsty” he grin at him but Yoseob was just staring at him making Doojoon felt uncomfortable, “So are you going to take it?!”

Then doojoon took the water and drank it, as he closed the cap, Doojoon took it :”Hey, I didn’t even drink yet!” then he drank the water.

 

What was going on in Yoseob mind was “AN INDIRECT KISS”, he started to blush making Doojoon confused. As day progress, Doojoon noticed that Yoseob keep avoiding to look him in the eyes, they would still hang out but he felt like something was off. The day before Yoseob was leaving, Doojoon went to his room.

Doojoon:”Yoseob, are you avoiding me?”

Yoseob turn his gaze away:”No…”

Doojoon:”Liar! What happened? Did I do something wrong?”

Yoseob:”no..you didn’t do anything wrong…”

Doojoon:”….”

Yoseob:”Just..please leave..”

Doojoon:”But.. sigh.. I knew it huh.. I just can’t ever have a friend..” he smiled bitterly “Well..thank you for being my friend for this 2 months…I’m sorry for whatever I did..”

As he closed the door, Yoseob tears was coming out of his face and he cried himself to sleep that night

 

The last day of the summer finally arrive, Yoseob and his family pack their luggage and was ready to leave, as they walk out of the house, they noticed that Doojoon wasn’t there, his father was apologizing for his son rude attitude. Yoseob asked to wait few more minute before leaving, but he still haven’t come out, then without noticing, Yoseob ran to the beach, as he suspect, Doojoon was there sitting on the beach staring at the sea, Yoseob approached himself surprising Doojoon.

 

Yoseob:”hey..”

Doojoon:”Hey…I thought you left..”

Yoseob:”I..thought you would come bid farewell…”

Doojoon:”..I thought you didn’t want to see my face..anyways, well have a safe trip back..”he stood up and was walking away acting all cool, but to be stop by a backhug by Yoseob

Doojoon:”Huh?!”

Yoseob:”Please don’t turn around…I’m sorry… I’m sorry for the last few days… I’m so sorry…It’s not your fault..it’s my fault..I.. ..i’m disgusted with myself…”

Doojoon:”…”

Yoseob:”I..sigh..I think I like you..”

Doojoon:”Well I like you too..”

Yoseob:”Not as normal friend…”

Doojoon:”Of course, as best fr..” before he could finish his sentence, Yoseob peck a kiss on his lips and ran away “I’m sorry…Bye” leaving Doojoon there, stunned.

 

*YOON DOOJOON* someone started to scream, snapping him out of his dream to notice that Sohyun barged into his room

 

Doojoon:”Yah! What’s with your manner!!”

Sohyun was all teary looking at him

Doojoon:”Huh? What’s wrong? Something happened?”

Sohyun was just crying, she couldn’t speak a word

Doojoon:” Wae?! DID SOMETHING HAPPEN TO JIYOON?!”

Sohyun just kept nodding

Doojoon:”WHAT HAPPEN?! TELL ME!” but sohyun couldn’t answer him, which was making him nervous

Doojoon quickly begging her to stop crying and to tell him what happened, after a minute or two, she finally stopped crying and told him what happened

 

“Doojoon oppa, someone kidnapped Gayoon and Hyuna… then they sent a letter to Jiyoon unnie to go meet them somewhere without calling the police… and she went there after knocking me off when Yoseob oppa went to grab us food…”

 

Doojoon twist his eyebrow:”Yoseob? Where is he?”

Sohyun:”I don’t know…when I woke up there were no one in the room…”

Doojoon:”……..*This can’t be…*” he quickly grab his cell phone and dial his number, after a few exchange words, he grab his clothes and was ready to leave with his injured legs followed by Sohyun.

 

 

Back to Jiyoon

 

As Jiyoon wake up, she looked around, she tried to move but she couldn’t all she sees was some blurry picture of Yoseob holding Hyuna pigtail and slamming her on the table, all she hear is Gayoon and Hyuna screaming in pain. as she kept thinking.

 

Hyuna:” YOU SON OF A B!TCH! I DARE YOU TO KILL ME!!”

Yoseob:”Ha, don’t worry I will! I will kill all three of you, if not I will take out the tongue of all 3 of you, cut down all 6 hands so you can’t write and even dig out your eyes if I feel like it! I will let you girls suffer the pain of not able to see anything, feel anything or explain anything!”

Hyuna:” YOU FKING PSYCHO! WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU!”

Yoseob:”Ha! What the hell is wrong with me ?! I guess you never really actually feel how loving people can be! Loving someone so much that you don’t feel anything because of all the pain you have endure, loving someone so much that all you see is that person! Loving that person so much that you can’t do anything?!”

Hyuna:”This is ridiculous!! You fking sh!t head!!”

Then yoseob threw her on the floor. Hyuna was scratch everywhere, there were blood everywhere, it’s a surprise that she’s still conscious.

Gayoon:”Yoseob oppa, please stop…you aren’t like this…please come back to yourself…”

Yoseob stare at Gayoon:”Gayoon..if we weren’t childhood friend, you would have being like her, so don’t piss me off or I would hit you too!”

Hyuna:”Only coward would hit a girl! MAN DOESN’T HIT A GIRL! YOU ARE NOT A MAN YOU FKING COWARD!!!”

Gayoon:”STOP HYUNA!! STOP!! OPPA NO!! PLEASE DON’T HURT HER ANYMORE!!”

 

Yoseob was getting even piss, he approach Hyuna and was going to kick her again but his phone was ringing, stopping Yoseob. As he looked at his phone called ID, he was stun, he opened his cell: “Hello Doo! How are you feeling” as he’s trying to grasp his hair from all the violent he did to the girls

 

“Yoseob, where are you?” asked Doojoon

“Euh, I’m at the company haha, what’s up? How you feeling?” says Yoseob

“….”

 

Hyuna/gayoon:” DOO!! HELP!!” as they screamed Yoseob quickly run out of the room

Doojoon:”What was those voices?”

Yoseob:” Huh what voice?Anyways I have a meeting to attend Doo, I’ll call you later, chao!”

Doojoon:”Wai.!!”

-Hung up-

 

Yoseob went back into the room and gave a slap to both Hyuna and Gayoon:”How dare you two ask for help from him! YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO!” as he continue to slap them

 

Suddenly a strong strength push him down on the floor, it was Jiyoon

Jiyoon:”How dare you slap my girl and my best friend!!!!” she tries to punch Yoseob in the face but she was way too weak, Yoseob ended up pushing her back down and had himself on top of her and started to strangle her: “JEON JIYOON! I was going to make you suffer more but I guess I should just kill you right now on the spot!!!” as he keep strangling her, making her fight out of breathe. The other girls kept screaming, but Gayoon was still attach to the chair, Hyuna try her best to move toward them but she was too weak to do so, all they can see is Jiyoon losing force to fight…losing force to survive, her strength is slowly dying out, all they could see is Jiyoon tears coming out and his hand lose energy. While for Jiyoon, all she can see is Yoseob face getting more and more blury, and the girls screams of her name is slowly fading away, slowly fading into a dark universe where she can’t see anything or hear anything… Everything just suddenly turn black completely