Our past

Memories

Gayoon POV

“I was your ex girlfriend”… What?! MY EX GIRLFRIEND?! What the hell is she talking about?! But she looks so serious… is she..the girl in my dream? But..what..? I don’t remember anything about her...

 

Gayoon:” What’s your name?”

Hyuna: “Hyuna” she smiles at her

Gayoon: “… It doesn’t ring a bell at all…Are you lying to me?”

Hyuna smile bitterly to her:”Well obviously, you lost your memories no? I heard that from Jiyoon.”

Hearing the name Jiyoon made Gayoon heart flustered: “From Jiyoon? What else did she tell you?!”

Hyuna looked at her, knowing how much Gayoon is dying to know, she smirks at her:”Well it’s a long story, so why don’t we go to a place to talk?”

Gayoon:” Alright! Let’s go!” she was so anxious about the answer that she forgot about Yoseob.

 

At a coffee shop

Hyuna:” So what would you like to eat?”

Gayoon: “Euh, I don’t want anything, it’s alright.”

Hyuna smiled at her and bought a strawberry short cake for Gayoon

Gayoon was surprised because it’s her favorite cake: “How..did you know?”

Hyuna: “Well like I said, we used to date, so I know you pretty well”

Gayoon:”..Really?..Then why did we break up?..”

Hyuna didn’t know how to answer her: “Hm..because of some circumstance..we technically didn’t break up officially..i just..left”

Gayoon:” Can you tell me more about our past?”

Hyuna: “ Hm..well when we were younger, I had a crush on you for a while, so I confess my feeling to you. You were so cute, you were saying but we were both girls so how can we be together. I end up convinced you and you agreed to be my girlfriend. I promised you that I would never leave you no matter what…” she smiled bitterly

Gayoon was shock by the answer because that’s exactly what her dream was like! That mean she wasn’t having a dream but actually a flashback from her past memories!!!

 

Gayoon:”Then why did you..leave me? What’s the reason?!”

Before Hyuna could answer her, her phone was ringing, it was Jiyoon.

Hyuna: “Hi Jiyonieee”

Jiyoon: “Hi Hyuna, what you doing?”

Hyuna: “Nothing much, having a coffee with an old friend”

Jiyoon: “Oh then I won’t disturb you, come to my room when you get back ok? Let’s grab supper together”

Hyuna: “Alright, I’ll go to your room after!!”

She closes the phone and look at Gayoon. She was obviously jealous that Jiyoon called her and ask her to go to her room after. She wonders what’s their relationship is. She looked so obvious that Hyuna know she’s very jealous so Hyuna was thinking whether or not to .

Hyuna: “So what were we talking about? Sorry my crush interrupt us”

Gayoon: “..Your crush? Wasn’t it Jiyoon who called you?”

Hyuna:”Yep”

Gayoon:” …She’s your crush?!”

Hyuna:” Yea I liked her for a long time already”

Gayoon:”I’m..confused, I thought we were..together?”

Hyuna started laughing:” Well I left right? So I fell in love with her after you. By the way, you took me seriously?”

Gayoon: “Excused me?”

Hyuna: “The whole girlfriend thing haha, I was joking! You took me seriously haahahah!!!”

Gayoon: “…………”

Hyuna: “Haha, but I am your old friend! We used to be best friend!”

Gayoon: “…. You find it funny?! You find it funny to lie to me?! You b!tch!!”

Hyuna was stun by Gayoon word: “Oh my oh my, did you just swear? Hahaha, this is a new view! The old you use to be such an angel ahhaha, I remember I used to swear all the time and you were shock. I guess you pick it up from me isn’t it?”

Gayoon was raging, she thought Hyuna was serious about her being her ex, which mean her past memories was coming back..but now everything is just back to the beginning.

Gayoon: “I have to go bye”

Hyuna grab her arm: “Oh come on, is true that we were best friend though!”

Gayoon: “…. How can I believe you?”

Hyuna:”Hm what about, I’ll answer you anything you want to know truthfully, I promise”

Gayoon: “……….”

Hyuna: “Anything you want to know” she gaves her a wink because she knew what question she would want to know.

Gayoon:”…anything?”

Hyuna:” Yes anything”

Gayoon:” What’s your relationship with Jiyoon, how did you meet her? Why are you two so close?”

Hyuna:” Hahahha, like I predicted. I know Jiyoon after I moved away from this city, we were studying together. It’s true that I had a crush on her though. She was so hot and she was very popular back then, well I’m sure she still is. With her short hair and her cold character but sometime very cute, she attracts so many girls and guy back then. People called her the “Cold Aegyo Princess”. We are very close because I was called the “y Hot Princess”, both of us were always together.”

Gayoon: “oh.. did you two…go out together?”

Hyuna: “Nope, I don’t think she knew about my crush anyways. She’s pretty insensible. I also recall that she said she don’t ever want to fall in love, especially not with girls because it’s unrealistic.”

Gayoon: “…ouch..”

Hyuna: “Yea! You know how I felt back then?! She just stabs my heart! But yea..after that I was always beside her hoping for nothing more than best friend. That’s why I am surprise that, her lover was you..”

Gayoon: “Why..? Other than the fact that I am a girl?”

Hyuna: “You know..when she described me her lover, her eyes, her emotion, her gesture, oh boy, she is so in love with you. I never saw her like that. Even when she had a small crush on anyone, she would just act coldly. And yesterday you prove me right, when you came and said she was cheating on you, the face she had on, it felt like her world was trembling. Gayoon, you have a very big influence on her, you are her whole world”

Gayoon was blushing from her words

Hyuna: “So, are you going to go back to her? She misses you a lot you know?”

Gayoon: “…But she cheated on me”

Hyuna: “ Sigh.. she told me about that. It was that ert who kisses her, she didn’t know how to react after almost getting r@pe..”

Gayoon: “… But lots of rumors says that they slept together…”

Hyuna: “Gayoon ar, like you said, rumors. Rumors are not truth, they have no evidence. You can’t easily trust those. Don’t you trust Jiyoon? Do you believe that she would do that?”

Gayoon: “.. It’s too late anyways..”

Hyuna: “Why?”

Gayoon: “I’m already engage to Yoseob oppa…”

Hyuna: “ Do you even like him?”

Gayoon shakes her head: “No, he’s like a brother to me.”

Hyuna: “Then why?”

Gayoon:”My mother..she..”

Hyuna slam the table: “THAT FKING B!TCH AGAIN!”

Gayoon was shock by Hyuna words: “What? Did my mom do something to you?”

Hyuna: “oh oups, no but I heard a lot of thing from Jiyoon about your mother. Excuse my swearing..”

Gayoon smiled at her :”It’s alright..”

*Ring Ring* Gayoon phone was ringing

Gayoon: “Hello? Oh my god I’m sorry! I’m hanging out with a friend. I”ll text you later, I’m sorry oppa!” Then she hung up

Hyuna: “Your fiance?”

Gayoon: “haha..yea..i guess you can say that..”

Hyuna: “You are really not going to fix it? You aren’t going back to Jiyoon ar?”

Gayoon: “… I don’t know…”

Hyuna:” Well.. If you aren’t planning to get her back…Then I should tell you straight ahead, I will be chasing after Jiyoon.”

Gayoon was drinking her drink and almost chocked herself: “WHAT?!”

Hyuna: “I’m saying I will be chasing after Jiyoon”

Gayoon: “.. Didn’t you say you gave up and you only wanted to be near her?!”

Hyuna:”Well that’s because I thought she wasn’t interest in girl, but now that I know, I’m sure I can get her. So don’t worry and go for your wedding, I will take good care of Jiyoon.”

Gayoon was holding firm her hand like she was ready to hit her: “… I am leaving..”

Hyuna grab her hand:”Sigh..Gayoon.. please don’t act like this. Please don’t be like me in the past..”

Gayoon: “What?”

Hyuna: “ Gayoon, forget everything I said today. Don’t believe anything I said today. Trust your own self. Do what you believe is right. Do not do thing because you are afraid of your mom, do whatever you want for your own happiness alright?”

Gayoon: “… Why are you like this..?  I got to go before my mom chase after me…” < why does her words make my heart beat like this.. it’s such a familiar sensation.. it hurt though.. >

Before leaving she turns around: “This doesn’t mean you can go after MY Jiyoon ok? I’m making this clear! She belongs to me! If you make any move, I will jump on you!” then without looking back at Hyuna, she walk straight out of the coffee shop.

 

Hyuna POV

I smiled bitterly seeing her running off like this. Gayoon ar, you really grew prettier, I always knew you were a beautiful flower since we were together. I’m sorry that I had to lie to you that we were just best friend. I couldn’t tell you that it is true that we use to dated each other because I don’t know how to tell you the reason why I left here. I know I hurt your heart, but now that I know Jiyoon’s the one who’s been taking care of you, I feel more relieve. Please Gayoon, please do not make the same mistake as I did in the past, I really regret it. I regret letting you go.. I regret not telling you anything.. I regret not being able to hold my promise of overcoming everything and always be with you.. I knew what happened to you after, I knew you went from an angel to a devil and left your house trying to find me. I know everything, but I didn’t have the courage to come back here and tell you everything. So I deeply wish that you will be brave enough to overcome all these obstacle and to not make the same mistake as I did before.. I will be helping you and Jiyoon because I know she is your perfect match. You two are destined to be together. I will make that come true, I promise.