Hidden Talent

Fated to Love You
Chapter 83: Hidden Talent
 
Miyu's POV :) (Choi Mika)
 
It was the day wherein we are going to be introduced as the casts for the upcoming drama as well as the press conference. I feel so nervous because those people I'm gonna work with are really good and that they have a lot of experiences before. I'm the only rookie who's going to work with them.
 
Prince Manager: Are you alright, Mika?
Miyu: Yes. I'm just a bit nervous, that's all.
Prince Manager: Don't be. I know you can do it.
Miyu: I hope so. Manager oppa, why was I chosen anyway?
Prince Manager: Because you are appropriate for the role of the girl. A cute one, and someone who can manipulate a bad guy.
Miyu: Oooooh. I see. Do you have an idea how long the drama will be?
Prince Manager: As far as I know, there will be 16 episodes.
Miyu: Wow. Awesome. This will be my first drama if that's the case.
Youngjae: You can do it, Mika!
Miyu: Thanks, Youngjae oppa!
Youngjae: My little sister Yoojin will also star in that drama but as one of the cameos.
Miyu: I look forward to that!
 
I was wearing a black mini dress with high heels that time. Certainly a different side of me because I rarely wear these type of clothes. There were my co-stars in the upcoming drama, looking good as always.
 
Jaejoong: Mika! You're here.
Miyu: Annyeong, Jaejoong oppa!
Jaejoong: We will be asked a few questions for the whole presscon, but don't be too nervous. If you are, just hold my hand.
Miyu: G-gomawo.. *blush*
Prince Manager: Here are the other casts, Mika. Jung Eun Ji of A-PINK, Kim Bum and Lee Dong Wook.
 
I looked at the three of them and I was starstruck. I idolize these people and right now I'm in front of them. Daebak!
 
Eun Ji: Hi, Mika. *smiles* Eun Ji from A-PINK. Pleased to meet you! *shakes hands*
Miyu: N-nice to meet you too, Eun Ji unnie. *bows* I'm Mika from EXP, as you all know. *smiles*
Dong Wook: Hi. *smiles* So you're going to be my sister, eh? I'm Lee Dong Wook, your brother for this drama.
Miyu: Jinjja? Annyeong, oppa~ We're going to be siblings from now on!
Dong Wook: That's just too cute. *laughs*
Kim Bum: Kim Bum here. *shakes hands* I will play the role of your other leading guy. *winks*
Miyu: Wow, I feel so lucky. I've watched some of your shows back then in the Philippines and you guys rock!
Eun Ji: Thank you! And you're our "maknae" here so it will be our job in teaching you how to play your role properly.
Kim Bum: We'll help you through that, Mika.
Dong Wook: So do I. I'm your "brother" here after all.
 
Aww, they are so nice!
 
Prince Manager: I have to go now, Mika. I'll go to Sora. Youngjae will be here anyway.
Miyu: Arraseo. Take care!
 
Sam's POV :) (Lee Sora)
 
Prince Manager oppa told me to wait for him because I'm going to have a CF with SHINee for ETUDE house. It was previously Sandara Park's CF, but due to her busy schedule, I had to replace her.
 
Prince Manager: Sora, sorry to keep you waiting. Have you seen SHINee and their manager?
Sam: Ani, I haven't seen them.
Prince Manager: The CF shooting will begin in two hours, by the way.
Sam: Jinjja? Why so sudden?
Prince Manager: I was not informed right away, but you don't have to worry because they are going to dress you and fix your make-up. *pants*
Sam: Oppa, you seem to be very tired. Here, have some water.
Prince Manager: T-thanks.
Sam: May I know how the CF will be?
 
Miyu's POV :) (Choi Mika)
 
Ahhh! I feel the anxiety right now. Jaejoong oppa and I were seated together and I was between him and Bummie oppa. Everyone has their camera ready so I think they can capture our every move.
 
The director, whose name is Lee Chul Soo, was the one who spoke on behalf of us.
 
Chul Soo: We are going to have a drama and its title will be "My Pseudo Girlfriend". Lee Dong Wook, is going portray the role of Lee Soo Hyun, the older brother of the protagonist, Lee Soo Mi, who is to be portrayed by Choi Mika. Moving on, the male protagonist, Park Myung Soo, will be portrayed by Kim Jaejoong. Kim Bum will be Kang Jae Won, Myungsoo's best friend and Jung Eun Ji will be Soo Mi's best friend, Lee Ji Eun.
 
We all bowed down to the press, as we greet them with a smile. Jaejoong oppa was the first one to introduce himself.
 
Jaejoong: Annyeong Haseo, Jaejoong imnida from JYJ. *bows*
 
Then it was Dong Wook oppa's turn and will be followed by Eun Ji unnie and Bummie oppa. They were given a round of applause.
 
I wonder how will they react when its my turn.
 
Sam's POV :) (Lee Sora)
 
The SHINee members, together with their manager, arrived after asking the question to manager oppa. They look so handsome, as usual. I think I'm a lucky girl, being one of the stars of this CF that we are about to make.
 
Prince Manager: Ya! What took you so long?!
SHINee's Manager: Onew woke up late that's why we had to wait for him.
Onew: Sorry about that! I was dreaming about chicken!
Prince Manager: Should we go now to ETUDE?
SHINee's Manager: Definitely. They might be waiting for us.
 
Inside the van, I went inside, seated between Key oppa and Taemin oppa. We're like sandwiches that time.
 
Taemin: Hey Sora, it's been a while. *shakes hands*
Sam: Yeah, oppa. *smiles*
Jonghyun: What's the CF all about? Is it going to be a drama type?
Prince Manager: It will only last for a minute so don't worry.
Minho: Will there be a kiss scene just like what I had with Dara noona?
SHINee's Manager: We will know later. *smiles*
 
Miyu's POV :) (Choi Mika)
 
Eun Ji: Annyeong! Jung Eun Ji imnida from APINK :)
Kim Bum: Kim Bum here. Annyeong!
 
And lastly, it's my turn. Ugh.
 
Miyu: Annyeong Haseo, Choi Mika imnida! *bows*
 
People took pictures of me that time and I had the loudest cheer among us. Daebak!
 
We sat together, as we waited for the press to ask us a number of questions.
 
Press #1: Chul Soo sshi, can you give us a brief synopsis of the drama?
Chul Soo: Ah, yes. This story is about a guy named Lee Soo Hyun (Dong Wook), who happens to be a player and someone who is addicted to gambling. He and his sister are rich but they will be filled with debt in the end. Turns out to be that Myungsoo (Jaejoong), is the person who Soo Hyun (Dong Wook), that he owes a lot of those debts, who happens to be a KPOP idol. To further escape the debts he had, he has to hide, even from his sister, Soo Mi (Mika). Well because they can't find Soo Hyun (Dong Wook), Soo Mi (Mika) has to pay all those debts to Myung Soo (Jaejoong). Jae Won (Bum) will help Myung Soo (Jaejoong) investigate and Ji Eun (Eun Ji) will have to help Soo Mi (Mika) escape from Myung Soo (Jaejoong)
Press #1: That sounds interesting, I must say. How did you end up having them as the official cast for this drama? What are your basis?
Chul Soo: Well, I based it on the physical appearance and how appropriate they are for the cast. Jaejoong, for example, can play the bad boy in the story because he can portray those emotions and that attitude of a bad guy. For Dong Wook, well he's a classy guy who looks good as a rich guy. We've all witnessed him in his previous dramas. Eun Ji and Kim Bum, as well. Even Mika, who is a rookie.
Press #1: Yes, I've noticed that. But why did you choose Mika for the role?
 
Uh-oh. This is what I'm afraid about. Since I don't have an experience yet in acting, I might get criticized.
 
Chul Soo: You'll find out soon. *smiles*
Press #2: Choi Mika sshi, how does it feel that you are about to work with these awesome stars as you start your acting career?
Miyu: I feel so honored, happy and excited at the same time. To be honest, it's a mixture of different emotions. *smiles*
Press #2: We look forward in seeing you act, Mika sshi.
Miyu: Kamsahamnida *bows*
 
The next questions were raised to the other stars.
 
Sam's POV :) (Lee Sora)
 
We arrived at ETUDE for the CF. It was a beautiful place, filled with girly stuff. A paradise for girls who wanted to be a princess.
 
Director: Hey everyone! We're glad you're here!
Prince Manager: Nice to meet you *shakes hands*
Director: Wow, SHINee and Sora. They are more handsome and beautiful in person.
Sam: Thank you :)
Jonghyun: Director sshi, what will be the plot of the CF?
Director: Oh, good question! It's not that much but, I wanted Sora to walk right in front of SHINee and they would fall in love with her instantly. Only four members are present there and the other one is the one that Sora will have an interest on. Well since it was Minho last time, I decided to change it to Key. So Sora and Key will have an "interest" with each other. And Key, will hold a BB cream in his hands.
Key: BB cream? Sure! Let me touch it!
Director: You guys go and change while we set up the cameras.
 
The make up artists and designers took me to my room, separating myself from the guys.
 
Miyu's POV :) (Choi Mika)
 
Finally. The press conference has ended. I thought I was going to die that time. One thing's for sure. I have to work hard for everyone to stop criticizing me if ever. I have to prove that I have a talent, and not just aegyo.
 
I went to the dressing room for a while and I removed my high heeled shoes. So much for being girly. I wore my rubber shoes as well, so I would feel better. I tried to tie my shoes, but there is someone who did that already.
 
Jaejoong: Need some help? *ties the laces*
Miyu: T-thanks, oppa.
Jaejoong: You have your own sense of style, Mika. *smiles* It's my first time seeing a girl wearing sneakers with a dress.
Miyu: Haha, that's how rare I am, oppa.
Jaejoong: But it's good. At least you're independent in your own way.
Miyu: Nae, oppa. *smiles*
 
Director Chul Soo went to us that time, announcing something.
 
Chul Soo: We will start filming the drama tomorrow. I'm going to give you the scripts and you have to start practicing at home.
 
He distributed the scripts for all of us, and we went home. I have to work hard for this drama indeed and memorize some of the parts.
 
Sam's POV :) (Lee Sora)
 
The stylists let me wear a white mini dress, showing off my legs. They curled my hair that time, and I wore killer heels. SHINee oppas wore white as well. A perfect combination, I must say.
 
Director: Get ready on your positions! As I count from 1-3, Sora, you have to walk as if you're in the runway. SHINee except Key, act as if you've been captured by Sora, arraseo?
ALL: Nae!
 
I can do the runway easily if it weren't for these shoes. But, I'm going to do my best.
 
So I moved like a model, walking like one, and there were wind effects in the studio. It was almost perfect. The oppas were following me around, doing impromptu positions until..
 
Miyu's POV :) (Choi Mika)
 
I stayed at the lobby, reading the script that was given me. Starting now, I have to be Lee Soo Mi when it comes to acting. She's a very cheerful, yet innocent girl who never fails to make people smile.
 
I can be like that. I just need to smile often more than I should. So the first episode does not include too much of me. It's more of Lee Dong Wook oppa, who is gambling at a casino. Though different point of views will be shown, my exposure will be less and it's written here that I'm going to narrate the story for a while, and my role here as well is a hopeless romantic girl. Awesome.
 
Now I know why a lot of people choose me. It's because I've been showing off that kind of personality ever since I was introduced to everyone as Siwon oppa's sister.
 
Now let me search the internet to see what's going on.
 
[NEWS] My Pseudo Girlfriend's Revelation
 
After the press conference, Kim Jaejoong, Choi Mika, Kim Bum and Jung Eun Ji are set to begin their filming for "My Pseudo Girlfriend". The actors are excited as they begin to be close before the filming stars.
 
Choi Mika, who happens to be a rookie revealed, "I feel a bit nervous, but I'm going to do my best since it's my first time." showing off her cute side. Jaejoong, who happens to be her leading guy said, "You can do it! Fighting!" showing his support.
 
My Pseudo Girlfriend will be premiered on June 2013 and will have an estimate of 16 episodes.
 
That made me better reading that article. Now I'm going home, and a bit sleepy. Might as well grab some coffee along the way.
 
Sam's POV :) (Lee Sora)
 
I suddenly tripped, right in front of the SHINee members, but luckily, Key oppa caught me. I thought my is going to hurt.
 
I was waiting for the director to cut, but why isn't he shouting?
 
Key oppa and I looked into each other's eyes, blushing. The director gave us hand signals to continue doing this position, until we are told to stand up.
 
The next thing I know, we are both holding each other's hands, and we lived happily ever after with that BB cream.
 
Director: Cut!
 
It was time to go back to normal.
 
Director: Let's leave that as what it is. Key and Sora, I want the both of you to sit together, holding hands.
 
Key oppa and I blushed, but we have to do it quickly.
 
Director: *starts filming* Now Key, kiss Sora's cheek. Admiring her beauty.
 
Key kissed my cheek without hesitations. I felt warm and blushing that time.
 
Director: Good! Nice one!
 
We watched the video together, with me in the middle. It was fantastic. My mistake didn't look like one.
 
Director: The scene between Key and Sora is better than expected! Great job, everyone! You may now go.
 
While I was about to go to the dressing room, Key oppa went to me silently. Looking shy and embarrassed.
 
Key: Sora, I'm sorry a while ago.
Sam: Why?
Key: Me, kissing you.
Sam: It was all a part of the job. Don't worry.
Key: Are you sure?
Sam: Yes, I am. *smiles*
Key: T-thanks. *smiles* Are you okay? You almost fell down a while ago.
Sam: Yes. It's just that I lost balance that time. Thanks for catching me.
Key: Don't mention it :)
 
Prince Manager oppa took me home that time. Let's call this a day.
 
Miyu's POV :) (Choi Mika)
 
"Love is a strong feeling of affection. It's a very strong emotion that leads people into a change that they least expect. Smart people turn into fools, we give our all without expecting something in return and we fall for people who doesn't even match our standards.
 
But then again, who are we to question fate?"
 
That was one of the lines that I have to dictate during the first episode of My Pseudo Girlfriend.
 
Sam: Wow. You sound like a poet.
Miyu: Oh, hi. Thanks.
Sam: How long have you been practicing?
Miyu: An hour, I guess. How's your CF filming with SHINee oppas?
Sam: It was great except for the fact that I almost tripped. But then Key oppa caught me.
Miyu: So, more of a "Catch me I'm Falling" moment? :)
Sam: Yeah.. *blush*
Miyu: You're a fan of him, aren't you? You're so lucky. So what happened next?
Sam: We continued filming. Then he kissed my cheek.
Miyu: Oh my gosh! You lucky fan!
Sam: Well.. It's for the job anyway..
Miyu: Yeah. In a few days, you'll be seeing your ads everywhere you go just like Eun Mi unnie with TVXQ.
Sam: Wow. I can totally imagine but hey, at least you're going to be seen on TV.
Miyu: I'm afraid of the criticisms that I might receive.
Sam: Here you go again. Just don't mind it, arraseo? As long as you're doing your best, what could possibly go wrong? Don't mind the haters. You'll never run out of them no matter how hard you try. :)
Miyu: Thank you. It works every time :)
 
While with Sora, Hana unnie came in.
 
Hannah's POV :)
 
Hannah: Mika, may I talk to you for a second?
Sam: I'll leave you guys to talk. *smiles*
Hannah: Gomawo.
Sam: Cheonmaneyo. You guys really need to talk..
 
I was left alone with Mika that time and she was arranging the script that she has.
 
Miyu: So unnie, what do you want to talk about?
Hannah: Well, we haven't talked after what happened. So, I'm here to begin.
Miyu: Do you really want me to be honest, unnie?
Hannah: Yes.
Miyu: I was hurt the whole time. I was just denying it. You judged me the whole time. I never intended to take every thing away from you. Hindi ko kasalanan kung saakin napupunta yang mga yan. (It's not my fault why those things come to me.) And why are you getting jealous about Kyuhyun oppa? I have a boyfriend and we've been close since we are both evil in some ways. And the worse part is, you called me a right in front of many people. What do you expect me to do, act as if nothing happened?
 
I can see the pain in her eyes when she told me that. I didn't know how hurtful my words are.
 
Hannah: I'm so sorry.. Mika.. I..
Miyu: There, I said it. *smiles* That's the emotion I had to portray for Episode 1.
Hannah: Eh?
Miyu: It's fine now, unnie. Apology accepted. *smiles*
 
Whoa, that was shocking.