Don't Dwell on the Past

Fated to Love You
Chapter 74: Don't Dwell on the Past
 
Akira's POV :)
 
I was nervous, seeing dad looking at me. Is this the right time for us to talk? But, I'm afraid he might just punish me if I did. Then again, I want to tell him the truth.
 
Akira: Dad, can I talk to you without you getting mad or something?
Mr. Akihiro: Sure, Akira. Since you've followed me and did what I wanted, I guess I should return the favor. What do you want me to talk about?
Akira: Dad, what if Haruka ne-chan and I are about to die?
Mr. Akihiro: What are you saying?
Akira: Please, dad. Just give me a chance. And the only thing that can save us is by approving what our heart desires. Will you give it to us? Or will you still let us do what you want?
Mr. Akihiro: I.. Well, if it's the only way to save you, I'd gladly accept it.
Akira: Dad, ne-chan is suffering right now, and so am I.
 
I didn't want to emphasize on their break up because if I did, dad might not let Henry oppa go closer to him.
 
Mr. Akihiro: What do you mean?
 
Kimberley's POV :)
 
For several hours, I asked Henry to compose a song for Akira to be added in his album. That will be his debut song as a solo artist.
 
I wonder how was it for him, to write a song about a break up.
 
Henry: Kimmy, check out what I've composed.
Kimberley: Wow, you compose songs fast.
Henry: I already know how to play it using the piano and it took me a long time memorizing it.
Kimberley: I'm glad you did it for Haruka. Anyway, what's the title of the song?
Henry: It's TRAP. About a guy who is trapped by the memories of the girl he loves.
 
That song, I actually wanted it to be about me. But I guess not.
 
Kimberley: It's for Haruka, isn't it?
Henry: For both of you, actually. I wrote my feelings based on what I've felt when we broke up and when Haruka broke up with me a while ago.
Kimberley: Jinjja.. But you shouldn't. That should belong to her.
Henry: But I'm already done. It's the least I could do. We can no longer be a couple because I'm in love with someone else, but since you've made your effort, might as well include you in the song. It's perfect for break ups, isn't it?
Kimberley: Yes. I might even relate myself to it. So, how are you going to explain or let her listen to that song?
Henry: A few days from now, the songs will be released. And that I will include this in my album.
Kimberley: Well, goodluck with that!
 
At least, we're friends. Better than not to have any communication at all.
 
Haruka's POV :)
 
Mrs. Miyazaki: WHAT? HE DOES?
Haruka: Yeah. He just confessed to me a while ago. It was shocking.
Mrs. Miyazaki: What did you told him?
Haruka: "Let's take things slow." I can't respond because I just broke up with Henry oppa.
Mrs. Miyazaki: But will you give Minho a chance?
Haruka: I might. But mom, I wanted to ask for a sign.
Mrs. Miyazaki: What sign?
Haruka: If Henry oppa comes and asks me to get back with him within 72 hours, I will allow him to do so. If not, I'll let him go.
Mrs. Miyazaki: I won't interfere with that, Haruka. But if he does, please be careful with your heart. Second chances are precious.
Haruka: I know, mom. So for the mean time, I will get to know Minho oppa, as dad wanted me to do.
 
"Don't, Haruka."
 
Henry's POV :)
 
After going on a separate way with Kimmy, I went to Manager hyung and gave the lyrics of the song to him. Tomorrow's my recording and I can't wait for the music video to be released and at the same time, shoot it.
 
Prince Manager: Henry, it's late. Aren't you going home yet?
Henry: Yes, hyung. I just want to give my song to you. I wanted it to be my debut song next week.
Prince Manager: That was close. I thought you're just going to release 5 songs.
Henry: Me too. Keke~ I changed my mind.
Prince Manager: Arraseo. Tomorrow's the recording. Next is the MV shoot. Goodluck!
Henry: Thanks, hyung.
 
It was a relief when he approved of my song. Next week will be exciting.
 
Haruka's POV :)
 
Haruka: Dad, what are you doing here?!
Mr. Akihiro: Now I know, Haruka.
Haruka: What do you know, dad?
Mr. Akihiro: You're hurting and suffering, because of me. Akira told me that. And she too was feeling the same way. I was a fool.
 
Flashback:
 
Akira: Dad, we've been obeying you in the past few years and that this is the only time that we want to be free. To choose who to love, and not to fool around with other people's hearts.
Mr. Akihiro: That omiai.. You know how we doubt Chinese people.
Akira: That's the point, appa. It was all a part of the past. Ne-chan already told you that. I'm saying this because I can no longer pretend that I'm okay. Dad, slap me or whatever, but.. I love Zhou Mi oppa.. Haruka ne-chan loves Henry oppa. Dad, please.. Just once, let us break your rules..
 
End of Flashback.
 
Mr. Akihiro: I'm sorry, Haruka.. I didn't know your point of view. I never wanted to hurt you both in the first place.
Mrs. Miyazaki: Akihiro, we must let them be when it comes to love. If their heart gets broken, it's natural.
Mr. Akihiro: Okay. But if both of them hurt you, just tell me, okay? Akira made me realize that my daughter's happiness are more important.
Haruka: Our happiness is, dad. But please let go of the fear that has been haunting you.
Mr. Akihiro: I will.
Akira: But what about Chanyeol oppa and Minho oppa?
Mrs. Miyazaki: You just started meeting each other. Just tell them the truth. No more omiai.
 
It was another side of dad that I saw. Even mom's. Thanks to Akira, dad changed his mind. Despite the break up, I still have a reason to smile.
 
Akira's POV :)
 
I was so happy, hearing that from our parents. I can't believe I actually talked to dad that way. Maybe he just needs to be asked nicely, and he'll do what we want.
 
I saw my ne-chan smile. At least I did something good today. I can't wait to tell Chanyeol oppa about this.
 
Henry's POV :)
 
Three days, 72 hours. Tomorrow's the recording, the next day is the MV shooting and the final day will be my debut as a solo artist. I hope Haruka would accept my song. If she doesn't, I might be left with only memories of her.
 
That I don't want to happen. If she accepts, or goes to see my solo debut, I would eventually go to her dad and make him like me for his daughter.
 
I'd do anything for her.
 
Kimberley's POV :)
 
I hope Henry's plan will be a success. I've always wanted him to be happy. I realized that it's useless if he's with you, yet he wanted to be with someone else. I'd rather love in silence if that's the case.
 
Our relationship ended a few years ago. Once you already have that special someone, hold on and don't let go.
 
Suho's POV :)
 
Lay: Suho, why are you not sleeping yet?
Suho: I'm worried about our photoshoot tomorrow. I'm paired up with Sora. You know I used to court her, and she was your ex-girlfriend.
Lay: Why are you worried?
Suho: I don't know what to do if she's with me. I mean, it's a bit awkward.
Lay: I thought you've moved on?
Suho: Yeah, but I'm going to be like Kai, Sehun and Xiumin. They're fan boys, aren't they. And I will do the same.
Lay: Relax, Suho. Just act normal. It's not like the end of the world or something. Go to sleep, gramps.
Suho: WHO ARE YOU CALLING GRANDPA?
 
Thoughts lingered in my mind, as I waited for night to pass by. Relax, Suho. It won't hurt talking to her.
 
Chanyeol's POV :)
 
The truth is, I was looking forward to another day with Akira. I told her that I wasn't interested in love, but when I looked at her, it felt different.
 
Phone Call:
 
Akira: Chanyeol oppa! I've got good news!
Chanyeol: What is it? Tell me!
Akira: Dad finally approved. We don't have to be a pseudo couple anymore!
Chanyeol: Jinjja? That's great. How did you convinced him?
Akira: It was hard. But I did my best to be calm and honest as possible. Oppa, I can't explain how happy I am right now.
Chanyeol: I'm happy for you, Akira.
Akira: Why are you a bit serious, oppa? Aren't you happy?
Chanyeol: This is my natural voice. Keke~ So, should I tell my noona and Zhou Mi hyung?
Akira: Please tell Yura unni about it. And about Zhou Mi oppa, don't tell him yet. I wanted it to be a surprise.
Chanyeol: Arraseo. What about Henry and Haruka?
Akira: I have no idea. I just hope they'll make up soon. Maybe Zhou Mi oppa can talk to him. Anyway, I have to go now, oppa. You still have a photoshoot with EXP tomorrow, right? And I'll be sending the paper and who knows, we might become trainees as well.
Chanyeol: Looking forward to that! Goodnight.
 
End.
 
Hearing her say that everything's okay now, made me a bit sad. Maybe she didn't need me in the first place.. Maybe it was I who needed her.
 
In this world, where being alone gives you the feeling or loneliness and isolation.. Will there still be hope for me?
 
Let's face it, Park Chanyeol. You're into Akira Miyazaki.
 
Haruka's POV :)
 
Even if dad approved of our relationship, what's there for me to hide? I'm no longer in a relationship, yet Minho oppa is courting me. I don't know what to do.
 
A part of me wants him back, and I still love him. But after what he did, does he still deserve to be loved by me? I can't just easily give him another chance. He might play with my emotions again.
 
Now what?
 
Sam's POV :) (Lee Sora)
 
Damn. It's just 4am? Why did I woke up all of the sudden? And I'm feeling anxiety all over my body. I can't sleep anymore.. Our photoshoot is at 7am. What am I going to do in 3 hours?
 
Then all of the sudden, I saw Mika, who is unable to sleep as well.
 
Sam: You're awake.
Miyu: Y-you startled me. Why are you still awake?
Sam: I was about to ask you the same thing :)
Miyu: Ah, that. I'm excited and worried at the same time, Sora.
Sam: Jinjja? Waeyo?
Miyu: I'm excited since this is our first interview in a magazine.. And worried because I'll be close to Sehun oppa and Xiumin oppa once again. Good thing Chen oppa and Kai oppa were paired with the other members or else I'll make them suffer once again. How about you?
Sam: You took the words right out of my mouth. Same goes with Lay oppa and Suho oppa.
Miyu: I thought I was the only one. Keke~ But I guess it's an opportunity to catch up with each other, don't you think?
Sam: Yeah. But I find it hard approaching them. Aren't you going to sleep again? We still have 3 hours.
Miyu: Aniyo, I'm fine. I'll just prepare breakfast for all of us. Want to join me?
Sam: Sure, I would love to.
 
I guess we're both feeling the same. Maybe I'm not alone, and that I wanted to be in good terms with them.
 
Kai's POV :)
 
All of us EXO members were awake even if it's early. Maybe because we were so excited. We were at the living room, seated next to each other.
 
Kris: This is something that fate is planning. It was random, yet I got paired with Haneul. I feel a bit shy towards her..
Suho: Me too. *sighs* I used to court Sora.
Lay: What about me? Sora's my ex-girlfriend.
Kai: Shut up, hyungs. And we're just fanboys.
Suho: Well at least you kissed her.
Chanyeol: And you dated.
Sehun: Luhan hyung and Eun Young got together.
Tao: Baekhyun hyung and Ja Ri as well. And became a part of the dating game.
Xiumin: Geez, I forgot about that. Even Chen stayed with Mika in Taiwan. Aish, I'm so jealous.
Baekhyun: Oh come on guys. It's not like we're going to die later. Just be yourselves. We are EXP's sunbaes so we have to set a good example.
Suho: Well, Baekhyun's right.
Luhan: Don't be so pessimistic. Your time will come, but not now.
 
We all sighed. This is so awkward.
 
Sam's POV :) (Lee Sora)
 
Jasmin: SORAAAAA. Are you with us or not?
Sam: I'm sorry. What were you saying?
Hannah: Your head's above the clouds lately.
Sam: Ah, just a bit nervous.
Miyu: Nervous because of the photoshoot or because of Suho oppa?
Sam: Both.
Eun Mi: Guys, it's mind over matter. Don't mind it too much. It doesn't matter what will happen later.
Ailee: Unni's right. Stop being stressed. You have Eunhyuk and Donghae oppa, remember?
Sam: Yup!! I have my fishy oppa. Thanks, Ailee.
Jasmin: So, are you guys ready?
ALL: We are!!
Jasmin: Let's stop dwelling on the past and enjoy our present and future! EXP FIGHTING! God is love!
 
Yes, this is completely out of my mind. I must focus! :D
 
Lay's POV :)
 
I'll be seeing Sora once again. Wish me luck! I wanted to meet her without any shyness or negative feelings.
 
I swear, I'm going to make the most out of this photoshoot and pictorial.
 
What will happen to Sora, Suho and Lay and the rest of EXP and EXO? Tune in :)