Promise You

Fated to Love You

 

Hannah's POV :) (Kim Hana)
 
Here we are at the tree house and this is where it all started. Kyuhyun oppa was 15, and I was still 12 that time, almost in middle school. That was when I planned to go to Manila and pursue my studies there.
 
Flashback, 2003.
 
Kyuhyun: Hana, this is my tree house.
Hannah: Oppa, it's beautiful.
Kyuhyun: Just like you, my only flower.*
 
*Hana means flower in Japan and the number One in Korean.
 
Kyuhyun: You're the only person I allowed to go inside.
Hannah: Jinjja? If that's the case, then I'm special after all.
Kyuhyun: Yes, you are. And I was hoping that you would respond to what I have to say.
Hannah: Go on, tell me what you want.
Kyuhyun: *holds her hands* Kim Hana, I like you. Joahae.
 
I felt like I was electrified with what he said. Though I was still young back then, I knew what infatuation is and I felt the same way towards him.
 
Hannah: But why, oppa? There are a lot of girls to choose from. Seohyun is there, and so is Yoona unni. Even Victoria unni who is still a trainee as well.
Kyuhyun: Do I really need a reason for this? And besides, Victoria is my noona, and those two are my dongsaengs.
Hannah: But I am your dongsaeng too.
Kyuhyun: But you're the only one who made me feel this way..
 
My heart started to beat fast, and butterflies lingered in my stomach. So this is love, after all. And yes, my infatuation towards him had developed into something more.
 
And that's when I was able to say,
 
"Kyuhyun oppa, I love you too."
 
End of Flashback.
 
Kyuhyun's POV :)
 
Kyuhyun: Remember the promise we've made for each other?
Hannah: Yes, the one that tested us for a very long time. A promise, that we kept, a promise.. That proved our love for each other.
 
Hana decided to pursue her studies the year after in Manila. That's the time when I felt my heart broke into pieces.
 
Flashback, 2004.
 
We were still at the tree house that we are standing right now. Ever since we're kids, this has been our rendevous until now.
 
Hannah: Kyuhyun oppa, I have to tell you something.
Kyuhyun: What is it, my flower?
Hannah: I'm going to study in Manila. That's where I'm going to pursue my studies.
Kyuhyun: Huh?! But why not here in Korea?
Hannah: Things have been complicated lately, and I want to create a name for myself. Not just as Yesung oppa's sister.
Kyuhyun: *hugs her* Please don't tell me that you're going to leave..
Hannah: I've got to do this oppa. Everything will be okay, I assure you. Right now, I got to go my own way.
Kyuhyun: *sighs* You made that choice alone, without even asking for my opinion. *leaves*
 
I wasn't able to control myself. I can't stand away from Hana. I just can't.
 
End of Flashback.
 
Hannah: I'm sorry I had to be selfish.
Kyuhyun: But it's all a part of the past. What's important is we're together.
 
Hannah's POV :) (Kim Hana)
 
Another flashback, 2004.
 
Hannah: Umma, tell Kyuhyun oppa that I love him so much.
Hannah's Mom: Yes, my daughter. Please take care of yourself and don't forget to eat well and call us.
Yesung: Hana, you don't have to do this.
Hannah: This is for the best, Yesung oppa.
 
When our dad is about to give me a ride, that's where I heard someone call my name.
 
"KIM HANAAAAAA!!"
 
It was Kyuhyun oppa, tired from running.
 
Hannah: What are you doing here?
Kyuhyun: No further questions..
 
He pulled me closer, and gave me a kiss. Remember when he had his first kiss? I was that girl, yet I never told anyone about this.
 
Kyuhyun: Promise me one thing, Kim Hana.
Hannah: What?
Kyuhyun: Promise me that you wouldn't love someone else. Inside my heart, you're locked forever. There's no way out.
Hannah: I do promise. As for you, promise me you'll wait for me, no matter how long it takes.
Kyuhyun: This I promise you.
 
That was our last conversation, eight years ago.
 
End of Flashback.
 
Kyuhyun: You know what I wanted the most?
Hannah: What?
Kyuhyun: That we go to this place, reminisce and our promise, still not broken.
Hannah: And it will never be, my love.
 
We were at the tree while I was on top of his chest, and he was holding me tightly. A promise of love that lasts forever.
 
Kyuhyun's POV :)
 
My birthday wish is simple: to be with her. And it was granted. I didn't know how matured I am capable of, until she came into my life.