Recipe of Love

Fated to Love You

 

Miyu's POV :) (Choi Mika)
 
Miyu: OH MY GOSH!
Ailee: Eh? What has gotten into you?
Miyu: It's almost Valentines Day and I haven't got any plans..
Sam: I almost forgot about it because the last thing I know, I was single, waiting for it to pass by.
 
Oh right. I've been single since birth til Donghae oppa and Eunhyuk oppa came in. I can't believe it.
 
Back then, we're just ordinary people, seeing lovers at the park, hoping there would someone who would give us a single rose, or a letter. Someone who noticed how beautiful am I, or how cute I can be. Someone.. who doesn't care about how I look like even without make up. And I guess it's Eunhyuk oppa. Regardless of how immature I am, he never left me. He tried, but I did ways for him not to let me go.
 
Eun Mi: How do you even celebrate Valentines Day?
Jasmin: I have no idea either. *sighs* Anyone of you guys who had a boyfriend before our SJ oppas?
Miyu: I had a fling with Ryuusei, and I remember a few things I did back then..
Sam: Are you sure you wanted to go back to what happened in the past?
Miyu: I don't mind. It's all a part of the past.
 
I told them the stupidity I made back then. How I used our telephone and cried while talking to him, how I made a fool of myself by being the way for him and Julie to be together, and I fell in love with him.
 
Hannah: Well all of us did a lot of things for love.
Sam: It's something inevitable. At least we learned from it.
Miyu: I remember when I gave him chocolates back then, and a letter. I suggest we girls do the same thing.
Jasmin: Great! Hana and I can help since we had a lesson back then.
Ailee: Yes. Just like what other people say, the best way to get a man is through his stomach.
Ae Young: But I don't even know how to bake.
Miyu: Eunhyuk loves sweets..
Hannah: Don't worry guys. Let's do this together. So we will bake some cookies, cupcakes and other sweet stuff, then we'll make our own love letter to our boyfriends.
Eun Mi: Let's go!!
 
And off to the kitchen~ Yaaaay!
 
Jasmin's POV :) (Lee Haneul)
 
Us girls thought of what particular sweets will we create. Mika doesn't want to stick with only one so..
 
Miyu: I want to give my anchovy a pudding~ Bread pudding~
Ailee: Red velvet cupcakes for Yuuki oppa~
Ae Young: Donuts for my Ryeowook oppa sounds good! :D
Soo Hyun: For Yesung oppa, chocolates.
Akira: Panna Cotta for Zhou Mi oppa~
Eun Mi: Chocolate Chip Cookies, anyone?
Haruka: I want to bake some cookies for Henry oppa as well~
Jasmin: I go for cupcakes just like Ailee~
Sam: Donghae oppa doesn't like sweets. Maybe I should make some donuts as well.
Hannah: Bread pudding sure is delicious.
Jasmin: So we finalize everything~ We should search the internet and prepare the ingredients.
 
I hope everything will be okay. I wanted everything to be perfect tomorrow.
 
Hannah: Here are the recipes!
 
Microwave Homemade Chocolates
 
Ingredients Needed
 
Milk powder - 1 cup
Cocoa powder - 3 tsp
Icing sugar - 1/2 cup
Condensed milk - 2 tbsp
Butter - 1 -2 tsp
Cashew Almond powder - 1 tsp
Milk - 1/4 cup
 
Method to prepare:
 
Mix all the ingredients in a microwave safe bowl. Micro for 4 minutes. Check after 2 minutes, stir and continue cooking.
 
Grease a plate with butter, once done, transfer to the plate and allow to cool. Make marks on the top so that it is easy to break into pieces.
 
Chocolate Chip Cookies
 
Ingredients
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
1/2 cup white sugar
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 large eggs
1 (8-ounce) block dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
Directions
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
 
Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper. Sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt into a medium bowl and set aside.
 
Place the butter, sugar, and brown sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer; cream together on medium speed until light and fluffy. Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula. Beat in the vanilla and eggs. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture and continue to mix until a smooth batter forms. Turn off the mixer and fold in the chocolate chunks using the spatula.
 
To form the cookies, scoop about 1/4 cup of cookie dough into your hands and roll it around into a ball; place them about 3-inches apart onto the prepared cookie sheets; you should get about 4 cookies on each pan. Press down the tops of the dough slightly and bake until the cookies are light brown, 12 minutes for chewy cookies, or about 15 minutes for crispy cookies.
 
Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheets for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Repeat with remaining dough/cookie sheets
 
Read more at: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/tyler-florence/my-big-fat-chocolate-chip-cookies-recipe/index.html?oc=linkback
 
Red Velvet Cupcakes <3
 
Ingredients
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cocoa powder
1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
1 cup buttermilk, room temperature
2 large eggs, room temperature
2 tablespoons red food coloring
1 teaspoon white distilled vinegar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the Cream Cheese Frosting:
1 pound cream cheese, softened
2 sticks butter, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
Chopped pecans and fresh raspberries or strawberries, for garnish
Directions
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 (12-cup) muffin pans with cupcake papers.
 
In a medium mixing bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, and cocoa powder. In a large bowl gently beat together the oil, buttermilk, eggs, food coloring, vinegar, and vanilla with a handheld electric mixer. Add the sifted dry ingredients to the wet and mix until smooth and thoroughly combined.
 
Divide the batter evenly among the cupcake tins about 2/3 filled. Bake in oven for about 20 to 22 minutes, turning the pans once, half way through. Test the cupcakes with a toothpick for doneness. Remove from oven and cool completely before frosting.
 
For the Cream Cheese Frosting:
 
In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter and vanilla together until smooth. Add the sugar and on low speed, beat until incorporated. Increase the speed to high and mix until very light and fluffy.
 
Garnish with chopped pecans and a fresh raspberry or strawberry.
 
Credits to: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/red-velvet-cupcakes-with-cream-cheese-frosting-recipe/index.html?oc=linkback
 
Miyu's POV :) (Choi Mika)
 
I started to open my laptop and tried searching for the recipes of all the foods. The first one is the bread pudding <3 My umma and I used to bake these in Manila, and I wanted Eunhyuk to taste it.
 
Bread Pudding Recipe
 
Ingredients
2 cups granulated sugar
5 large beaten eggs
2 cups milk
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
3 cups cubed Italian bread, allow to stale overnight in a bowl
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, softened
1 cup chopped pecans
For the sauce:
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
1 egg, beaten
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1/4 cup brandy
Directions
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 13 by 9 by 2-inch pan.
 
Mix together granulated sugar, eggs, and milk in a bowl; add vanilla. Pour over cubed bread and let sit for 10 minutes.
 
In another bowl, mix and crumble together brown sugar, butter, and pecans.
 
Pour bread mixture into prepared pan. Sprinkle brown sugar mixture over the top and bake for 35 to 45 minutes, or until set. Remove from oven.
 
For the sauce:
 
Mix together the granulated sugar, butter, egg, and vanilla in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir together until the sugar is melted. Add the brandy, stirring well. Pour over bread pudding. Serve warm or cold.
 
Credits to: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/the-best-bread-pudding-recipe/index.html?oc=linkback
 
And for the donuts...
 
Italian Doughnuts Recipe~
 
Ingredients
1 pound prepared pizza dough
3/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
Vegetable oil, for deep-frying
Olive oil, for deep-frying
Directions
Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface to 1/2-inch thickness. Using a floured 2-inch cookie cutter, cut out doughnut rounds. Using a floured 1-inch cookie cutter, cut out a hole in the center of each doughnut. Gather the dough scraps and reroll. Cut out more doughnuts.
 
Whisk the sugar and cinnamon in a medium bowl to blend. Set the cinnamon-sugar aside.
 
Pour equal parts of vegetable oil and olive oil into a large frying pan to reach a depth of 2 inches. Heat the oil over medium heat until a deep-fry thermometer registers 375 degrees F. Working in batches, fry the doughnuts until they puff but are still pale, about 45 seconds per side. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the doughnuts to paper towels to drain. Cool slightly. While the doughnuts are still warm, generously coat each 2 times with the cinnamon-sugar. Serve warm.
 
Alternately, cool the fried doughnuts to room temperature. Stir 3 ounces of milk chocolate and 1/4 cup of whipping cream in a heavy small saucepan over medium-low heat until the chocolate melts. Set aside until the chocolate sauce comes to room temperature but does not set. Dip 1 side of each doughnut into the chocolate mixture. Sprinkle with finely chopped toasted almonds or crushed espresso beans and set aside until the chocolate is set.
 
Read more at: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/italian-doughnuts-recipe2/index.html?oc=linkback
 
Ailee: What are we waiting for? LET'S GO GO GO GO GO!
 
And so we did. Oppa's Dongsaengs + EXP + Happy Tree Friends will become chefs today!
 
Hannah's POV :) (Kim Hana)
 
Ta-da! Perfect! Everything is done! Except for the mess in the kitchen. We have to wake up early for tomorrow for our training as well.
 
Miyu: Don't worry guys, I'll be the one to clean the mess.
Soo Hyun: Are you sure??
Miyu: Yes, I am. You guys have to make yourselves pretty. Who knows, the Super Junior oppas might have other plans as well.
 
I hurried to bed. I really need to get some rest.
 
Miyu's POV :) (Choi Mika)
 
I can't sleep, really. I've always wanted to celebrate Valentines Day with a partner. Oh, that reminds me. We should make a love letter for them.. But what am I going to tell him?
 
I need an inspiration. But where can I get one?
 
Ah, I can now feel fatigue and drowsiness. I took a shower, put facial mask on and went to bed.