Frozen

Two Moons

“Shopping? What’s that?” your brother scratched his nape while closing the door behind you.

‘Oh God! It’s gonna be a loooooong day!’ you blew out an air. “Let’s just go dongsaeng! I’ll teach you everything along the way!” you took his wrist and tugged him deeper into the crowded city of Seoul.

With all the confusion eating Sehun’s brain, he strived to take in every word you said. He may not have the sharpest mind but he made sure he can be the best student to his sister.

“So? Can I trust you with errands after this?” you asked after stepping out of the grocery store.

“Of course! I’ll always remember to check the expiration dates, the freshness of the products, and count my change before leaving… Tch! This is piece of cake!” he dusted off his shoulder.

“Good job!” you ruffled his hair. “Now! Since we’re done shopping, let’s head back home!”

“Cool!” he then picked up all ten bags from the shopping cart. Five bags of guy’s clothes on the left, another five full of groceries on the right.

“I can have some of that…” you took two bags off his hands but he refused.

“Don’t worry, noona! This is nothing compared to the weapons we use back home!” he then started walking ahead.

You ran in front of him and placed both hands on your hips. “Hey! I know you’re super strong and all, but didn’t I tell you not to use your powers or abilities out here? People will start to be suspicious!”

“Aigooo Hwang Sehee, you’re being paranoid! One thing I observed about humans is that they tend to get too busy for themselves rather than minding other people’s business. So relax, will ya!” he sidestepped and walk passed you.

‘He was paying attention after all...’ you chuckled.

“Are you coming or what?” he called after moving further away.

“I’m coming!” you turned and caught up with him.

Sehun still managed to open the fence for you even with his hands full. “After you, my sweet sister!”

“Why thank you my dear brother!” you both snickered and made your way into the house. “Wonder what your hyungs are up to?” you asked, he shrugged.

Sehun lightly pushed the door with his foot then you went in.

A sudden gust of bone chilling cold temperature seeped through your pores making you hug yourself. ‘W-What the hell happened here?’ your eyes moved from the floor to the ceiling where icicles had already formed. “H-Holy f-freaks…” you shivered and vapors escaped your mouth.

That was when you realize the entire house turned into a mini North Pole. Everything was white. Had there been any polar bears and penguins, it would already be perfect.

Sehun dropped the bags and instantly caught you when your knees weakened. He pulled you into his lap while wrapping you with his warmth after the temperature has gotten so low for a human to endure. “XIUMIN HYUNG!!! STOP THIS RIGHT NOW!!! YOU’RE GONNA KILL MY SISTER DAMN IT!!!” he shouted.

They all scrambled down the stairs and Suho kneeled beside you. “Sehee! Oh my God!” he panicked. Your lips have gone purple as your body shook terribly when hypothermia kicked in.

“! I’m sorry, Sehee!” Xiumin covered his gaping mouth. “I got bored so I played around. I’m so sorry!”

“Duizhang, what are we gonna do?” Chen fidgeted with Kris’ jacket.

“Uhmmm…” he kept looking around for answers but all he could see were faces just as frightened as him. ‘Think Kris! THINK!’ he looked away when he can no longer bear watching your eyes flutter.

“Noona!!! YAH!” Sehun kept tapping your cheek. “I don’t know anything about this but you’re not supposed to sleep yet… Noona I’m scared! Tell us what to do! YAH!” he shook you.

For the first time ever, EXO experienced fear. Not a single battle left them clueless on what to do. Not a single enemy struck fear in them. They never even felt a twinge of worry to lose someone and it was a whole new different ball game this time. You were after all the daughter of their leader, the person who took them in without thinking twice.

Even those who didn’t have any emotions for you started to lose focus. Baekhyun and Kai stood frozen from behind. Luhan’s mind went blank but forced himself to function. “Y-Yeol!” he called. “Melt everything down!” he then faced Lay. “Treat her! Ppalli! Do everything that you know! DO IT!!!”

It was another first for them. Luhan has always been the quiet one but needless to say the quickest thinker. They were all stunned to see and hear his commanding voice. “What are you waiting for? MOVE YOUR ASSES!!!” he yelled.

Chanyeol instantly opened both hands while Suho moved to make way for Lay. Just as the winter wonderland melted away, Lay placed a palm on your forehead and you regained composure as you can literally feel your nerve endings heating up from a burning source in your head. It’s like for a minute your blood were iced up, then slowly turned to lava with just a touch.

You opened your eyes and saw all their worried faces looking down at you.

“Noona! Gwenchana?” Sehun worried.

“N-Neh... I’m better now. Thanks Lay.” you eye smiled and touched your brother's cheek. “Sehun-ah if something like this happens again, don't panic! Stay calm and be alert!" he nodded. "Help me up, please…”

“Shireo! You have to rest!” he removed your hand but you quickly stood up.

“See? I’m okay!” you shook your arms and legs, and looked around. Then you saw Xiumin with his head down, cowering behind Tao. You approached them and Tao moved aside. “Hey… I assume it was you who turn the house into North Pole?” you tilted your head to catch his gaze.

“N-Neh…” he suddenly dropped on his knees with arms in the air. “Jeungmal miahnaeyo! I’m really sorry, Sehee! If you kick me out, I’ll understand but please forgive me before you do that!”

“Get up Xiumin. There’s no need for that!” you smiled and he looked up to you. “The least you can do is to remind the others not to use their powers around here. Okay?” he nodded and stood up.

“Yah! Be thankful my sister is nice or you’ll be sleeping in the streets tonight!” Sehun scoffed.

You glared at him and clipped his ear. “AAHHH!!! Noona!!!” he struggled.

“You’re not supposed to talk to your hyungs like that! I don’t tolerate disrespectful people in this house!” you ordered.

“Okay! Okay! Let go now!” he flailed his arms.

“Who would’ve thought that a human girl as big as my plasma gun could actually discipline us?” Lay whispered to Luhan.

“Yeah…” he murmured. ‘Hwang Sehee… I’m starting to understand what beautiful means…’ Luhan’s lips curled up with eyes glued to you.

You went back to get the plastic bags and went to the kitchen. “Guys, I’ll just prepare lunch while you try those clothes on! Show me after okay?”

“NEH!!!” they replied and went up to their rooms.