Brother

Two Moons

It was a cold night in town. The air had gone unusually windy and felt like it had just gone down 10 degrees. Seri had to cup her hands around and blew some hot air into them.

You both loved being one with the wind so stretching your arms out feeling every breeze that flew by while standing still has been a hobby.

“Unnie, remember when we went to the beach with mom?” she said.

“Mhmmm! I can never forget how the waves crashed against the shore, the grains of sand between my toes, and the gust of air slapping my face. I was so happy at that time, sis!” you breathed with eyes closed.

Seri opened one eye to peek at you. “Yah! Don’t get emotional on me! We’ve passed that chapter already!”

You opened your eyes and dropped your arms. “Babo! I was just reminiscing!” you then placed an arm around her neck. “Let’s go home! You’re prolly hungry already!”

“Now that you mention it, I think my pets are complaining already!” she rubbed her tummy.

“Right…” you rolled your eyes and continued walking. “I find it weird that we like being around windy places.” you added.

“True! I think we’re some kind of wind benders…” she chuckled.

“Benders? What the hell?” you scowled.

“Kidding…” she then tugged you.

You and Seri leisurely walked down the empty street like you always do. Arms linked together, singing random songs, and she would sometimes stand in front of you to dance.

“Unnie, look! I learned another dance from school.” she said proudly.

Seri cleared and fixed her uniform, then did an impromptu prod. “Sorry Sorry Sorry Sorry. Naega naega naega meonjeo. Nege nege nege ppajyeo. Ppajyeo ppajyeo beoryeo baby…”

“Sis! You should leave the singing and dancing to Super Junior. You look awkward!” you laughed.

“Ehh? But Shin oppa said, I did great!” she stopped.

“And you believed him?” you snorted. “For starters, you should never listen to someone who is tone deaf and has two left feet.”

Seri slapped her forehead. “I knew it!” but then her face lit up. “I’ll do it again! Pay attention, unnie!” she eagerly walked backwards while doing the same choreography.

You held your stomach from too much laughter and kept pointing at her as she danced. Her backpack kept bouncing behind her and her hair flew over her face from a sudden gust of wind.

Then you paused, eyes widening in horror.

12 figures appeared behind your sister, slowly approaching. “Se…Seri…” you whispered.

EXO walked in a horizontal line occupying the entire street. Both leaders stood in the middle, magestic and firm.

“What’s that noise?” DO looked around.

Apparently, they all heard a squealing sound which came from two girls, one singing, the other laughing. It moved closer to their direction and it kept Sehun on the edge. The moment he smelled an aromatic scent of pastry, his heart started racing. He somehow made a weird connection and got drawn into it. The voices he heard were strikingly similar to his father and got him on the edge.

“I think my sisters are here.” he said.

“How can you tell?” Kai asked.

“I can feel it…” he replied.

“More like smell it…” Chen snorted and Lay elbowed him.

Just as you were about to grab your sister, she bumped her back against Kris. She quickly turned and caught a glimpse of him. He was unbelievably good looking like model status. His skin was pale, lips were pink and perfectly curvy, and eyes were cold black.

“M-Miahnaeyo…” she slowly bowed without looking away but started to step back. “I’m really sorry…” she added.

“SERI!!!” you ran towards her, quickly taking her wrist and placing her behind you. “I’m sorry about that! We’ll take our leave!” bowing and turned to walk away.

“STOP!!! We’re not gonna hurt you!” Kris firmly spoke and in a blink of an eye, EXO surrounded you.

“Whoa! Is it just me or they move quite so fast! Like ultra fast!” Seri looked around. “Unnie! Eotteoke!” she panicked.

“Calm down! When I say run, you run as fast as you could. Don’t look back!” you gritted your teeth.

“What about you?” she worried.

“Don’t mind me. I can take care of myself!” you gripped her hand.

“O-Okay…” she stuttered and hid her face on your back.

Your mind started to go blank upon hearing your heart raging against your chest. But with all the fear and anxiety, you could only think of Seri to escape. Dying is a better option than someone touching a single hair from her. “What do you want? Money?” you then grabbed your shoulder bag and tossed it in front of Kris. “There! Take it! Just let us go!” but they remained silent and still. “WHAT THE DO YOU WANT???” you yelled.

 “Hyung... It’s them!” Sehun whispered to Suho.

“Are you sure?” he asked.

“There necklaces! Father wore the exact same thing!” he covered his mouth.

You gripped your necklace upon seeing Sehun eyeing it. “You want this? Here! You can have it!”

Just as you were about to take it off, he walked towards you with hands in the air. “No! You keep it! We don’t need those stuff. We’re just looking for someone!” he said.

You hugged your sister from the side and started to negotiate when you knew you can no longer escape. “Please! Don’t hurt us!” you begged. “I’m willing to cooperate with you, just let my sister go! Jebal!”

“Unnie!!! NO!!!” she hugged you tighter.

Sehun then stopped in front of you. “We’re not gonna hurt you. No one’s gonna hurt you… Right?” he glanced at his comrades.

You looked around and saw them nodding. “Then what do you want?” you asked.

“I’m looking for my sisters…” he said.

“Errmmm… Aren’t you supposed to go to the police station and file a report about it?” you suggested.

“Police?” he scratched his neck. “I don’t know what you’re talking about but I don’t think there’s a need for that coz I found them.” Sehun added.

Seri looked up to him while you kept a protective arm on her side. “What do you mean you found them?” she asked curisouly.

“You are my sisters! I’ve been looking for you!” Sehun mused.

Your mouth fell to the ground and could not process every word. Seri however snapped at him. “YAH!!! Are you on drugs? Do you think it’s funny to pull pranks on people? Uwaaaa~ You guys are unbelievable!” she lunged on Sehun but you held her shoulder.

“Sis, calm down! They might have weapons!” you warned.

“I don’t ing care! He’s a lunatic unnie! Sister??? Us???” she pointed a finger to her face and turned to Sehun. “Dude!!! You’re delusional!”

EXO on the other hand got frustrated. They knew at one point that their mission might just fail.

“Can we go back now? Earth is definitely not for me!” Chanyeol started walking away but Baekhhyun firmly gripped his arm. “Stay and do it for Suho, if not, do it for Sehun’s father.” he deeply spoke.

“Fine! But I warn you! I’m not putting up with those two!” he nodded to you and Seri.

“Whatever…” Baekhyun said.

In hopes to convince you, Suho stepped up. “I know you’ll find it hard to believe but what Sehun is saying are all true.”

“Prove it!” you sneered.

Sehun pointed your necklaces. “Those were given to you by your father, right?”

You and Seri looked at each other and faced him. “How did you know?” you asked.

“Coz my father has the same exact replica.” he replied.

“Yeah right! There’s probably hundreds of these necklaces out there! Cut the crap!” you smirked and grabbed Seri’s wrist. “Let’s go Seri! I don’t have time for this bull!”

Right when you turned, Seri caught a glimpse of Sehun’s necklace. “Unnie! Look!” she pointed. “His pendant! Mom also has that ring!”

You looked back at him and squinted your eyes on Sehun’s neck. “How did you get that?” you nodded at it.

“It’s my father’s!” he looked down and gripped it. “I took it from him when he passed away.”

“Oh my God unnie!” Seri faltered back and you caught her shoulders. “He’s telling the truth! W-We have a brother???”

“I dunno sis! It doesn’t make sense at all but I guess we’ll just have to take his word for it. A lot is going through my mind right now…” you blew out an air and reached out a hand to Sehun. “I’m Sehee!”

Sehun raised his head with a warm smile this time. “My name is Sehun!” he shook your hand.

“Sorry about earlier. I’m Seri!” she held out a hand as well.

“Sehun!” he took it. “Thanks and I’m sorry about this whole brother-sister thing.”

“Nah! It’s okay! We were just shocked, hence, the violent reaction.” you added. “How old are you?”

“I’m 18!” he smiled.

“Cool! I have an oppa!” Seri instantly hugged him. “Sehun oppa!”

He immediately froze. Even the rest of EXO remained standing still without expressions. It was the first time seeing someone that close to any of them much less from an opposite .

“Is that normal?” Luhan whispered to his friends.

“I dunno! I’m clueless just like you!” Chen sighed.

“But why do I feel warm and fuzzy? It’s supposed to be good, right?” he added.

Xiumin, being the brains of Exo-M, snapped at him. “Dude! Stop asking questions! You’re making me feel stupid!”

You yanked Seri away from your new found brother. “Sorry about that. She gets touchy at anyone she likes especially now that you’re here!”

“Errmmm… It’s okay!” Sehun scratched his head.

“Well, we better go then!” you said. “I’ll see you around, dongsaeng!” you ruffled his hair.

“Sehee?” he tapped your shoulder and you turned. “The thing is, we don’t have a place to stay...” he bit his lip.

“Ehh? What do you mean?” you stared at their faces. “Are you some kind of gang? Or did you all ran away from home?”

“A-Aniyo!” he waved frantically. “You see... We’re from Planet EXO. You know that right?”

You looked at Seri with brows furrowed and she shrugged. “No! But when you say planet, is it like Mars, V-Venus, Sa…turn?” your eyes bulged.

He slowly nodded and your own planet came crashing down.

“WHATTT???” you and Seri chorused.