Hostility

Two Moons

Ever since you talked to the man you met on the street, you started to grow weary.

It's like all that anger and frustration inside you just can't be held for much longer and then you start getting really frustrated with everything around you and yourself. You sometimes say stuff you don't mean or stuff that is really opposite of what you think.

There's sort of a shaky and irritating tremors your body goes through. You feel every little thing around you. Even your hearing started to hurt from so many voices that sound like shrieking in your ears. It drove you to the edge and could almost make you go crazy.

They all noticed how you suddenly became gloomy. You would only talk if one of them asks a question. In several occasions, they even saw you spacing out.

Meals have been eerily quiet and chores have been awkwardly dragging. With you going through a tough phase that they even have no clue, the house became tensed.

It was your usual dinner where you are seated between Sehun and Seri, with Kris across you, when he deliberately dropped his chopsticks. “I can’t take this anymore, Sehee! Whether you like it or not, you’re gonna tell us what is wrong with you!” he commanded.

They all flinched but you remained unfazed. “Nothing’s wrong…” you replied calmly with a straight face while chewing and staring down at your plate.

“Do you really believe I’m buying that? In fact, no one in this room does!” he sneered as he tries to hold in his frustration.

“Believe whatever you want to believe then! No one’s forcing you to do so. Tch!” you shook your head and ate.

Seri already knew that you are about to blow your head off so she gave Xiumin, who sat beside Kris, the look to make him stop. He in turn kicked his foot but his leader refused to notice him.

“Is this how humans deal with their problems? Huh? Or is it just you?” Kris leaned against the back rest with arms crossed on his chest. “It’s pathetic, Sehee! You’re making a fool out of yourself!” he smirked.

“Hyung! That’s enough…” DO said.

“No, DO! I just don’t get the logic why she wants to hide certain things from us.” he cocked his head to him. “Oh right! I forgot! We’re just aliens who don’t deserve to be trusted!” he then turned a killer glare straight to your eyes. “Is that it? Huh? Sehee?”

Then your brain downshifted to a lower evolutionary level and responded to aversion. Your anger and frustration is in its peak that it sent signals to all parts of your body to fuel your urge to fight. You slammed your chopsticks on the plate and instantly stood. “One thing that I hate the most is people trying to understand me!!! I have a brain and it’s been very useful for the last 19 years of my life!!! And before you assume!!! Try this humanly method called ASKING!!!” you shouted with trembling fists on your side.

Kris also stood and leaned closer. He was so tall that he already hovered the table. “Damn Sehee! That brain of yours just failed you! We only didn’t ask you once, but we did A.LOT.OF.TIMES!!!” he paused every word.

“WHY DON’T YOU TRY USING YOUR BRAIN AS WELL???” your voice rang through the whole house. “IF YOU HADN’T ASSUMED IN THE FIRST PLACE!!! YOU WOULD’VE NEVER ASKED THE SAME ING QUESTION OVER AND OVER AGAIN!!!” you then kicked the chair behind you. “I’m ing tired of this !” and walked out.

Kris followed you but Chen tugged his shirt. “Duizhang! Please! Let’s just leave Sehee alone for now…”

With that, he blew out an air and suddenly punched the wall behind him. Kris leaned his forehead on the hollowed wall. ‘Goddamnit Sehee! Don’t do this! Let us share your pain. I know you survived all these years but please don’t make me useless and helpless.’ he breathed.

Suho who was sitting on the farthest right, clasped both hands on the table, watched you in agony. A part of him wanted to know what has been bothering you and caused you so much despair, but his affection for you have already grew stronger that all he wanted was for you to stop lashing out. ‘Sehee, please! Enough of this! I don’t like seeing this side of you. It’s painful…’ he then looked down and covered his face.

The main door slammed and the dining room got a sudden wave of deafening silence. No one spoke a single word. Sehun placed both elbows on the table and pretended to rub his eyebrows as he hides his face. Luhan kept looking at the door waiting for you to come back while the rest of them remained seated with confused looks.

Then Seri spoke. “Ermmm… Sorry about that. He! He!” she looked at them and forced to laugh. “U-Unnie really does hate it when people try to understand her. As much as possible, she only wants her thoughts and feelings to herself.” she explained.

The boys listened to her; even Kris turned and leaned against the wall to her attention. “That’s what made her strong and brave all these years. It gave her a boost of strength every time she solves a problem on her own.” she dropped her head as her voice started to shake. “She’s kinda a masochist…” she chuckled. “…but it brought out the best in her and we survived coz of that!”

Sehun suddenly took your sit and placed an arm around Seri’s shoulder when they all heard soft sobs escape . “Don’t hate, Sehee unnie… *gasp* She can be very stubborn but she will always be the sweetest and thoughtful sister in the entire universe.” she cried. “I know that she’s going through a lot right now coz this has been the worst I’ve seen her.” Seri suddenly sunk her face on her brother’s chest and tightly hugged him. “O-Oppa…”

“Seri-ah, we can never hate noona. She accepted us with arms wide open and never complained a single bit.” he her hair. “Don’t worry, okay? Oppa is here. I will fix this…” he said and glanced to each of his hyungs. “We will fix this…” they nodded.

Baekhyun who sat beside her also patted her shoulder. “Sehun is right. Both of you have become our responsibility and we’ll do everything for you, okay?”

“Neh…” she murmured in her brother’s shirt.

Sehun gently pushed her shoulders away and cupped her face. “Stop crying now. I can’t leave you like this…”

“W-Wae? Where are you going?” her jaws quivered with puppy eyes staring at him.

“Aigooo~ My baby sister is so cute!” he wiped her tears. “It’s late already. I have to go and get noona back.”

“Let me do it instead…” she sniffled. “Sorry oppa but at this rate, she will only listen to me…”

“Fine! But are you sure? I can have Kris hyung watch you from the sky!” he grinned.

“You’re crazy! Sissy will kill all of you then! Besides, she’s just in the bakeshop making mooncakes out of Kris’ face! Kekeke~” she laughed followed by a sniffle.

Sehun slapped his forehead and laughed. “Right… No powers! Got it!” he then hugged her again. “Okay! Be careful and we’ll be waiting for you! Araseo?”

“Don’t worry oppa! This is my turf! No one messes with a Hwang!” she flexed her arms.

With that, Seri followed you to the bakeshop while the boys cleaned the dishes and watched TV after.