Time Control

Two Moons

It’s exactly one week since EXO came to you. Since then, your life has made a 360 degree turn. 12 boys with superhuman abilities and unique powers stayed in your house, one of them being your brother. Sehun made sure that none of them will turn into a free loader so they all have their fair share of chores.

You and Seri took turns in teaching them anything about human life. Suho and Lay took interest in cooking, DO, Sehun, Chen, and Xiumin helped Shin in the bakehop, while the remaining guys whom Seri refer to as “the lazy brigade” kept a watchful eye around the house. Baekhyun and Chanyeol would sit on the roof, Tao and Kris chilled by the porch, while Kai and Luhan stayed inside. For them, it’s the most tiring chore as they have to be alert at all time. To whom and why? You have no idea.

You were also relieved to see them starting to get along and work together. There were less bickering and glaring, aside from Seri who avoided Tao and Kai.

Days after you gathered the three of them which was not solved anyway, you noticed Tao disappearing every morning.

It usually happens every time the bakeshop team would head out to work where Seri walks with them to school.

You only opted to go to the shop after lunch since half of EXO are still at home.

You were having breakfast with the lazy brigade when Seri came running down the stairs. “Unnie, we’ll go ahead!”

“Bye!” you waved. “Sehun-ah, watch your sister, araseo?” you yelled.

“Neehhh~” he also ran behind her.

“Guys! Slow down!” DO followed them with Chen and Xiumin beside him who were struggling to wear their sneakers.

“I can’t, oppa! I’m running late! LET’S GO!!!” she shouted.

“We can teleport straight to your classroom if you want!” Kai offered and snorted.

“No thanks! I’d rather get detention!” she smirked and stepped out of the door.

You sighed and shook your head. “You should stop teasing her, Kai. She will just keep on resisting.”

“Sorry… but I can’t help it.” he slowly chewed while staring at his bowl of cereal.

“I understand… Just be patient with my sister. She’s the friendliest person in this neighborhood and it only happens that you and Tao had a bad impression on her.” you explained and looked around. “Where is he, by the way?”

Kris has been noticing it as well but since you mentioned it, he started to grow suspicious. ‘I think I know what maknae has been up to…’ he smirked.

“Kris? Do you know?” you called.

“Neh???” he looked at you. “Uhmmm…” he slowly shook his head. “But don’t worry, he’s fine! He’s our martial arts expert. He can beat someone into a pulp with his bare hands!” Kris raised his fist.

“Right…” you continued eating.

--------

Upon reaching the same intersection, Seri broke away from Sehun. “Oppa! See you later!”

“Neh! Bye sis! You take care!” he waved.

“Bye Seri!” DO, Chen, and Xiumin chorused.

“Annyeong!!!” she cupped while running away.

Seri took a glance at her watch. “! I’m late! Noooo!” she gripped the straps of her backpack and increased her pace.

Just as she reached the school’s main entrance, everything froze. The trees stopped swaying, a couple of students who were also running suddenly stopped, even the papers from a teacher’s binder which was knocked off by a student remained midair.

‘Ehh? What the hell?’ she slowed down while observing her surroundings. ‘Am I being possessed? This is so out of the world… Out-of-the-world???’ then a light bulb flicked in her head. She looked down to her watch again and saw that time has stopped. ‘There’s only one person who can do this! Aish!’ she looked around but didn’t find the person she’s been thinking about. ‘I swear, Tao is the only one who can do this!’ she scratched her head. “I know you’re here…” she said. “T-Thanks... But that doesn’t mean I forgive you!” she sprinted again.

“I know, Seri! And we can start from that!” Tao whispered, hiding behind a wall.

However, Seri just passed the gates when she tripped on a rock. “OUCH!!!” she groaned upon landing on her knees. Tao’s feet instinctively moved but stopped after she quickly stood and dusted herself. ‘Tch! Clumsy girl but a toughie!’ he snorted.

Tao flicked his fingers again and everything came back to normal.

The remaining students all got late while Seri managed to make it in the nick of time.

----------

“Where have you been?” you asked Tao when you met him by the door.

“Aahhh… Went out for some fresh air…” he faked a smile.

You raised an eyebrow and crossed your arms while studying his face. “Don’t lie to me, Tao! I can tell when someone’s lying coz my sister is the worst at it. Where have you been?” you warned.

“But it’s true! I can’t lie to you, Sehee!” he pinched your cheek.

“You better be or I will kick your out!” you pointed a finger to his face.

He gulped and walked backwards to join Kris by the porch.

“Sup gege?” he punched his arm.

“Whattup! How’s Seri?” he chuckled.

“You knew?” Tao covered his mouth while looking out for you.

Kris shoved his hand and laughed. “Of course! I know everything about you didi! Tch!” he then placed an arm around Tao’s shoulder. “You like her, don’t you?”

“NOOO!!!” he denied. “That girl is complicated for me…"

“Right! Keep telling yourself that!” Kris playfully pushed him.

----------

Afternoon came and Tao disappeared again. You only knew about it when Kris told you after he followed you to the bakeshop with Chanyeol.

“What? Aish! I swear, something is up with him…” you furrowed your eyebrows.

“Don’t worry. He’s old enough and he can take care of himself.” Kris assured you and took an apron from under the counter. “What can we do around here?”

“Hmmm…” you tapped your chin. “You guys can sweep the street in front of the shop and wipe the windows. Is that okay?”

“You got it, Sehee!” Chanyeol beamed.

Just a few blocks away, Tao went back to his hiding spot, a brick wall which served as the school’s enclosure. There he saw Seri walking out with other students who piled up and excitedly scrambled out of what they call, hell.

His lips curled into a smile when Seri was a few feet away from him. He decided to reveal himself as he can no longer take it. But then his face fell. A group of boys trailed Seri. There were four of them who managed to caught up with her and surrounded her in an instant. ‘What the…’ his eyes formed into slits when his fighter instincts kicked in. He was trained after all to sense danger miles away.

“Seri-ah! It’s way too early for you to go home!” says one of them. “Come join us! There’s a party at my house!” he added.

“Thanks, Jaewook! But I have to help Sehee unnie at the bakeshop…” she smiled and moved aside.

Jaewook also moved and stood firmly in front of her. “Sehee? Oh right! Your super hot sister!” he his lips. “We’ll take her then! My older brother have the hots for her since like forever!” he smirked and high fived his crew.

“Sorry, Jaewook! I really can’t go. We’re busy… Maybe next time, okay?” she bowed and walked to a different direction but her path was blocked by Jaewook’s friend. “I don’t have time to play around. Please…”

Jaewook grew frustrated from all the rejection he got from Seri. He’s been crushing on her since freshmen year and has confessed to her numerous times but was turned down just as much. His face turned red as hot flushes fueled his anger.

“You’re coming with me whether you like it or not! I’ve had enough of this, Seri!” he suddenly grabbed her shoulders, dragging her into a parking lot. 

“NO!!! LET GO OF ME!!!” she screamed and landed a jab on his nose.

“!!!” he hissed.

As his grasp loosened, she quickly turned to run but another guy caught her and accidentally pushed her to the ground.