Reminisce

Two Moons

 

You decided to close the bakeshop early to put up the decorations. As you sit on a stool and watch them, Chen walked to you with a small and dusty stuffed toy bunny. “Sehee! I found this in one of the boxes...”

“Oh! An old friend gave this to me long time ago…” you pinched its long pointed ears.

“Ahhh…” he brushed it off and left.

Looking down at the toy brought back memories. Some were good, but the bad ones kept overtaking you. “Stupid bunny! Pft!” you poked its button eyes.

“Whoever gave you that, must’ve given you a hard time…” Luhan sat beside you.

“Not really…” you touched its plump tummy this time, then your lips curled into a smile.

“Someone special?” he wondered.

Before you can respond, Xiumin came and pulled him. “Dude! Shin will explain what making babies mean! C’mon!”

“Huh???” he left his seat. “Hold that thought, Sehee! I’ll be back!” he said.

You hardly gave him a nod as the toy became a distraction. It’s as if being in a different dimension, a dimension where you are left all alone reminiscing on how your heart skipped a beat for the first time. ‘Babo! Urgh!’ you suddenly threw it on the floor.

Seeing the toy lying against its back, with blank eyes directed at the ceiling and short poofy arm stretching out, gave you a wave of guilt. ‘Aish!’ you hopped off the stool and picked it up. ‘Be thankful I’m nice!’ you dusted it once again and sat back on your spot.

Before even Shin started, he poked his head to the kitchen door where Seri is busy putting up wreaths. “Make me understand why 12 males, all in their right minds, and already passed puberty, doesn’t know anything about having ?” he hissed.

“Oppa! Just think of it as they lived under a rock before meeting us! Okay?” she scowled.

“Okay! Fine!” he took a deep breath and went back to the guys.

During all those time, Luhan ignored him as they all huddled by the counter and watched you. Your eyes showed so much pain yet still managed to smile warmly while playing with the bunny. You even glowed at one point like a spotlight hovered above your head. ‘Wonder who gave her that toy…’

“Dude! Don’t make me repeat myself! This is awkward as hell already!” Shin called him.

“Oh! Miahn…” he averted his attention back to him and Shin continued.

“Hyung! So you’re saying that if a boy uses his… what’s that again?” Kai nudged Sehun.

“Patooties…” maknae blurted.

Seri popped out of the door. “What? So lame oppa!”

“I can’t think of anything!” he shrugged. “Yah! Get back there! And stop eavesdropping!” Shin poked a finger on her forehead and pushed her back into the kitchen.

“Right! If I use my patootie to a girl, we will have a mini version of myself?” he added.

Shin blew out a huge air and wiped bullets of sweat off his forehead. “Kinda... But you must do it out of love. You must love each other unconditionally. It’s like surrendering yourself to that person without having doubts!” he stated. “And?” he pointed a finger in the air while they all listened to him intently. “If you truly love and respect the girl, you will do it after marriage where you will be tied together, as one, for the rest of your lives.” he added. “Making babies is a sacred thing. You can’t just go out there and ask a random girl to do it with you. You have to treat every girl with utmost respect. Do we understand ourselves?”

“Neh!” they chorused.

“Awww~ Shin oppa is so cool!” Seri giggled behind the door, but tripped when Shin suddenly came in. “OW!” she rubbed her after landing on the floor.

“Miahnae!” he pulled her up. “Didn’t I tell you not to listen! See what happened?” he scolded.

“I can’t help it!” she snickered. “You’re so cool, oppa!” she raised two thumbs up. “But seriously? Patooties? What the is that?”

“Yah~ It’s better than, “Sometimes a boy sticks his wooh-wooh in the girls cha-cha.” ...right?” he snorted.

“Make sense!” she high fived him. “I just hope they understood you!”

“I hope so too!” he sighed.

After Shin left them, the boys dispersed and continued decorating the bakeshop. Luhan however came back to your side.

“So? What did you learn today?” you asked still staring at the bunny.

“Something about using our patootie to someone we truly love after getting married…” he explained.

With that, you slapped your forehead and covered your face with the toy. ‘Aigooo~ ShinShin… I’m not even sure if I should be thankful or not…’ you sighed. ‘Better change the topic…’

“That’s good enough… But anyway! Where were we again?” you looked at him.

“I was asking if the person who gave you that, was someone special…” he pointed the toy.

“Oh right!” you smiled at it. “It’s from an old friend… so you can say someone special. Friends are special after all, right?” he agreed.

“Sorry if I have to ask this, but… Is that friend, a he or a she? And if you wouldn’t mind, may I know the name?”

“I don’t mind at all…” you said. “Actually, Shin and Seri knows the person who gave me this.” you kept pressing the arms together. “Coz he lived with us before…” his eyes widened. “He stayed in the attic since we don’t have an extra room to spare and mom doesn’t want him to share with us.” you laughed after remembering that moment. “It’s not that she hates him, our mother is just the conservative type.”

“Oh...” he sighed and held your hand when he noticed you shaking. “What’s wrong?”

“Nothing…” you puffed your cheeks in blowing out an air. “Anyway, his name is…”

“Unnie! Luhannie!” Seri ran to you. “Let’s go! I’m hungry already!” she pulled you.

“Okay sis! Calm down…” you stood and glanced at Luhan. “Let’s just continue this at home!” he nodded.

After the guys closed the bakeshop, they followed you and Seri who had already walked ahead. But as they caught up with you, Seri took the keys and ran back. “Guys, stay here! I forgot my homework in the kitchen!”

“Do you need me to come with you?” Tao asked.

“Nahhh… I’ll be back in a jiff!” she said and skipped away.

Tao allowed her to go, seeing that you all can see the bakeshop as it was just a few meters away. You all stood in the middle of the road, under the night sky, feeling the cold wind brushing against your cheeks.

“That’s her!” Himchan whispered after sighting Seri closing the main door.

“Then what are you waiting for, ! Get her!” Yongguk smacked his head.

Not just Himchan zoomed to get her, but Daehyun and Zelo suddenly became his back up. They stopped in front of her and he grabbed her right away.

“TAOOOOO!!!” she yelled.

Little did they know, Lay had already sensed them right after they took off. Tao appeared just in time and swiftly kicked Himchan’s chest when he grabbed Seri’s arm.

“How dare you touch my girl!” he hissed and yanked Seri behind him. “You’ll have to get through me first!”

“With pleasure!” Daehyun smirked and jumped towards him.

“Oh no you won’t!” DO retaliated with a roundhouse kick that landed on his jaw.

Before you know it, both sides stood in opposite direction, glaring at each other, ready to kill each other.

You and Seri on the other hand, stood behind Sehun who protectively stretched his arms out, who also have Baekhyun and Luhan in front of him.

“Are you really sure you want to fight us?” Suho said in fighting stance. “12 against 6? Think wisely!”

Yongguk bravely walked forward and stopped, leaving a gap just enough to size each other. “Dude! We fought sooooo many battles!” his deep husky voice erupted. “Being outnumbered never stopped us and you know that!” he raised an eyebrow.

‘That voice…’ your head shot up after hearing that familiar yet unique tone. So familiar that at the first word, the hairs from the back of your neck stood as if someone came back to life.

All of them were far too distracted that they failed to notice you staggering to where the voice is coming from. As you squeeze your way in between the crowded mass of Exo, you unknowingly shoved them aside while your eyes grew bigger at the guy in front of Suho. ‘Those eyes…’

“B-Bang???” you stood beside Suho.

“Sehee???” he faltered a step back.