Fallen Leader

Two Moons

Planet EXO suddenly erupted in utter chaos. Their one and only leader has been assassinated by a Mato warrior and left clinging for dear life in his death bed.

Still in his battle gear, EXO’s leader could be mistaken for a god. Tanned skin, hazel eyes, bearded chin, has muscles like hardened steel springs, and well toned physique and sculpted arms. His stance is majestic had he not been lying and gasping for air, fighting to give his forces their final mission.

All 12 of his most skilled fighters gathered around him with hoods above their heads.

Kris and Suho, the second highest in command stood on each side while the youngest among all of them sat beside him.

“Sehun, my son… Your father’s time has come to bid farewell.” he gasped. “You are the maknae but I trust you to be the strongest, for what I am about to tell all of you is very important.” he breathed.

Sehun gripped his father’s stiff hand. “What is it father?”

“I want you to roam the Earth and search for your sisters.” he coughed.

“Fa-Father?” Sehun stammered. “I have sisters?” his eyes widened.

Being trained as a fighter all his life, Sehun is clueless about the whirl of emotions he is feeling. ‘Am I supposed to be happy? Or should I hate him for keeping this from me after all this time?’

“Forgive me for I never had the heart to tell you. I failed you, my son.” he gasped.

“No, you did not father. I understand why you had to do it. But why look for them now?” he squeezed his father’s hand.

“Thank you, my son. I’m extremely proud that you have become such a kind and thoughtful boy.” he smiled and continued. “…I’m not sure whether Mato knows their existence but as a precaution, I want all of you to find them and protect them at all cost before they do.” he then raised his head to his successors. “Kris… Suho… This will be my final order and mission for you. Set aside your differences and work as one. I fervently wish that you will not fail me.”

Kris and Suho looked at each other in disbelief. Not single one of them has left EXO. All they know is to fight in battles and survive, but not to cohabit and interact with the humans.

“We will not fail you our dear leader!” the leaders bowed.

“My deepest gratitude to all of you.” he then placed another palm on Sehun’s hand. “Follow your heart, my son and you shall find your sisters. Tell them that there has never been a day that I think of them and their mother.”

“I will, father!” he bowed.

“Find my Two Moons. Protect them. Cherish them.” he murmured.

“We will, our dear leader!” EXO chorused.

“Then may the heavens be with you. Have a safe journey and farewell, my 12 forces…” his lids dropped and EXO kneeled.

Sehun took his father’s ring and slipped it into his necklace. He closed his eyes and clutched it in his chest. ‘I will find them… Promise! Goodbye, father!’

EXO buried their leader on the foot of the Tree of Life. They kneeled on one knee and bowed their heads to pay respect.

‘Please watch over us…’ Chen prayed.

‘We will avenge you, our dear leader!’ Xiumin said while boring a hole on the ground.

Chanyeol opened one eye to peek. “May their be sufficient and decent food on Earth. I’m willing to die in battle but not from hunger…” and Baekhyun pierced a stare at him.

“What?” he mouthed.

Baekhyun bowed his head and closed his eyes. ‘Please forgive him for he does not know what he is doing…’

“Let’s go!” Kris stood followed by the rest of Exo-M.

Suho stood as well and passed Kris. “We’ll see you at the portal!”

They watch Exo-K walk down the hill.

“Gege? Do we really have to go?” Tao doubted. “I don’t think this will work given that we barely get along with them.”

“Yes, didi! It’s our mission and we have to accomplish it.” Kris sternly said.

Ever since there was EXO, the 12 forces were divided which created a rift among them. They reside on the same planet but never made peace.

But Lay knows it’s about to come to an end. ‘Thanks to this mission, we all might just get along…’

They all gathered in their headquarters equipped with weapons and armors. Exo-K on the left, Exo-M on the right.

“We’re not bringing any of these!” Baekhyun snatched Sehun’s rifle and threw it away.

“But hyung?” Sehun held out his hands.

“You can’t go through the portal with it.” he explained and faced all of them. “We are travelling to Earth with just the clothes off our backs and that’s it!” he announced.

“Excuse me? Are you crazy?” Luhan hissed.

Kai smirked. “Wae? Are you scared? Can’t you fight with your bare hands? Sissy!”

Luhan dropped his plasma gun and charged towards him. “Wanna give it a try?”

“With pleasure!” Kai cracked his knuckles.

Both leaders stepped forward and placed a palm on their chests.

“Easy Luhan!” Kris hushed.

“Hey! Stand down!" Suho glowered.

Sehun grew frustrated watching them fight. “STOP IT, WILL YA!!!” he yelled and they all paid attention. “Look! If you guys wanna fight, then stay! You have centuries to do it!” he dropped his head. “My father is already dead and you don’t have to accept the mission. I’m finding my sisters by myself!”

They stared at each other with regret in their eyes after the youngest knocked some sense into them.

Sehun then turned to Baekhyun. “Hyung, I’m ready!” he walked towards the portal.

Baekhyun dialed the coordinates of their destination and a wormhole formed between the gates.

Sehun clutched his necklace and took a deep breath. “Here goes nothing…” he murmured and a hand gripped his shoulder.  “You’re not alone, Sehun!” DO stood beside him.

“We’re all in these together!” the rest of Exo-K added.

Right before they stepped in, Exo-M dropped their gears and walked ahead of them. “See you guys on the other side… Try to keep up!” Kris smirked.

“Tch! Cocky much!” Suho clucked his tongue.