Playtime

Two Moons

You slowly opened your eyes when the warm sunshine seeping through the curtains, awakening your senses.

That’s when you felt two arms draping on your tummy. You moved your head from side to side and saw Sehun and Seri on each side. They both curled facing you while sleeping in peace.

As you looked up to the ceiling, flashbacks of what happened the previous night started to play. ‘Oh !’ you snuck your hands out of the blanket and raised it above you. You wiggled your fingers while examining it for injuries. ‘Right! Lay must’ve healed it already!’ you blew out an air.

Then you sat up and it neither disturbed your siblings. ‘Awww~ They must be tired after what happened.’ you carefully rose and fixed the blanket over them before leaving.

“Noona…” Sehun croaked with eyes closed.

“Sleep Sehun! I’ll just prepare breakfast…” you whispered.

“Andwae… You’ll hurt yourself again...” he yawned and sat up. “Let me do it, instead!”

“It’s okay Sehun! Just sleep…” you insisted.

However, he jumped off the bed and stretched his arms out. “Shireo! From now on, you’re no longer allowed to get near any sharp objects!” he scolded.

“Fine!” you looked away and placed both hands on your hips. “What am I supposed to do then?”

“I dunno… Watch TV? Sleep some more?” he shrugged. “Just stay away from the kitchen!” he then started walking out the room. You tailed him from the stairs until he entered the kitchen. “Didn’t I already said you’re not allowed in here?”

“Yah! I’m the boss in this house! You can’t order me around!” you poked his forehead.

“Make me!” he stuck his tongue out to you.

“Unnie! Oppa is right!” Seri walked groggily behind you. “There are 12 boys in this house who I’m pretty sure already knows how to prepare a decent meal…” she yawned.

You raised both arms in the air as you walk away and dropped on a chair by the dining table. “And this is all because of that stupid accident last night? ing unbelievable!” you crossed your arms on the table and sunk your face in it.

“It’s better that way, unnie!” Seri sat beside you. “Less injury, less heart attack for us…” she laid her head on your shoulder.

“Good morning!!!” Chanyeol greeted with the biggest smile in his face.

“Morning…” Seri croaked.

Some of the boys came as well. “Sehee, gwenchana?” Baekhyun sat across you.

“Mhmmm…” you murmured.

“Someone’s not in a good mood…” Kai chuckled and Suho smacked his head. “What?” he glared at him.

“Stop mentioning the obvious! That gets you in trouble!” the leader scolded and went to the counter beside Sehun. “Maknae, I’ll take it from here!”

“Thanks, hyung!” he then sat beside Baekhyun. “Seri-ah, don’t you have school today?” he added.

“Nope! It’s weekend! So I’m free! YEAH!!!” she clapped her hands.

You suddenly shot up when a light bulb lit up in your brain. “Since it’s weekend and none of you are letting me do anything, I’m going out for a walk!” you then grabbed Seri’s wrist. “You’re coming with me, sis!”

“What about me?” Sehun stood.

“You offered to prepare breakfast, remember?” you smirked and headed to the door.

“Where are you going?” Tao asked upon reaching the bottom of the stairs with Kris behind him.

“Unnie and I are out for a walk. It’s our weekend habit!” she beamed.

“Can I come?” he asked.

“NO!” you smirked and opened the door. Tao followed you still so you turned and glared at him. “Don’t even dare follow us. You can do that to Seri but not me. Your ninja skill won’t work!”

‘Huh? How did she know…' he scratched his nape and faced Kris. “You told her, didn’t you?” he gritted his teeth and Kris grinned. ‘Great! Duizhang betrayed me now…’ he sighed.

DO, Lay and Xiumin also came down the stairs and decided to help Suho.

“Noona! Be careful, a’right?” Sehun yelled.

“NEH!!!” you replied and closed the door.

You and Seri left the house. Just like any other weekends, you strolled without knowing where your feet would take you. Tall trees guided your way with bushes of flowers along the road. Just a couple of cars pass by and would sometimes honk at you.

“Good morning, Sehee and Seri!” an old man greeted when the red light came on.

“Morning, ahjusshi!” you both waved.

“It’s great seeing you girls! Take care!” he added.

“NEH!!!” you retorted.

You continued walking down the street with Seri stretching her arms out. “Such a beautiful morning, isn’t it unnie?”

“Mhmmm!” you breathed. “Wonder if the boys are okay?”

“Ehh? It’s only been a few blocks and you miss them already?” she raised an eyebrow. “Aigooo~ You like them, do you?” she nudged your side.

“I do, actually. It’s been interesting having them around. It’s a lot more rowdy, noisy and fun.” you smiled.

“Yeah… Me too! Tao and Kai isn’t so bad after all!” she added.

“Told you!” you chuckled.

Just as you both sprinted towards a vacant park, the sky grew dark and heavy rain poured. “Just great!” Seri stomped her foot.

“We better head home!” you both turned and instead of going the usual route, Seri pulled you towards the bakeshop. “Unnie, since we’re soaked and all! Are you up for some modern warfare?” she raised her voice as the thunderstorms grew loud.

“You’re on!” you raised a thumb and went to the storage room behind the bakeshop.

There laid 4 high powered water guns which was already covered by dusts. “It’s about time playing with these babies again!” Seri’s eyes glistened at the sight of it. She took two and a flag, and instantly ran to fill it with rainwater falling from the roof gutter.

“Wait for me!” you also took the remaining guns and flag, and followed her suit.

With all your drenched hairs and clothes, and heavy downpour to fill your ammo, you and Seri took your stances. “Just like old times, sis! First one to capture the flag, wins!” you said and you both tucked your flags at the back of your waistline.

“Got it!” she winked and crouched. “Hana……Dul….” she counted and instantly sprinted ahead. “SET!!!”

“CHEATER!!!” you hissed and followed her.

Your sneakers were already soaked as you both ran down on each side of the empty street. With huge plastic guns on each arm, you aimed and fired randomly at her in hopes to slow her down. Water splashed from under your feet when running on puddles and you would brush your wet hair that covered half of your face with the back of your hand. ‘Lara Croft ain’t got on me!’ you snorted.

Just a block away from your house, you hid behind a light post to catch a breath while Seri ducked behind a tree from across the street. “Unnie, ready to give up?”

“Nah-uh! We’ haven’t even reached base yet!” you yelled.

You squinted your eyes at your house and aimed for a tall potted plant. After a few deep breaths and gathering your strength, you sprinted towards it like there’s no tomorrow. “See ya, Seri!!!” you shouted. You even managed to jump over the fence but slipped as the ground grew muddy. ‘!’

“HA! HA! See ya my !” Seri also jumped over and went straight to your hiding spot.

“Oh no, you won’t!” you shot the back of her head and she tripped. “HA! HA! KLUTZ!!!” you yelled.

Chen who just happened to pass by a window saw two girls turn the front yard into a warzone. The potted plants served as hiding spots while two huge barrels on opposite sides overflowing with rainwater became ammunition. You were soaked from head to toe with clothes covered in mud. “Se-Sehun?” he stuttered while watching the action.

“WAE???” he yelled from the kitchen.

“Your sisters are fighting… I think they’re trying to kill each other… A-ani! More like drown each other!” he added.

“WHAT???” they all scrambled to the window and saw the battle unfold right in front of their eyes.

“Holy !” Kris instantly and ran out the door. “SEHEE! SERI! STOP THIS RIGHT NOW!” he stood in the center as his voice roared despite the thunderstorms.

‘What the hell?’ you peeked from your spot and so did Seri. She came out with guns facing up. “Unnie, ceasefire!” she shouted.

You crawled out and ran to them. “Wae?” you panted.

EXO also came out and got soaked as well.

“Noona! Are you guys crazy? You just went out for a walk and went back trying to kill each other? We can talk about it, y’know?” Sehun worried.

You and Seri looked at each other and burst out laughing. “Pwahaha! We’re not trying to kill each other!” she laughed and you scratched your head with the tip of the gun.

“Guys, chill! We’re just playing capture the flag!” you explained and Seri turned to show the flag hidden on her back. “And these babies are water guns! See?” you squirted Sehun’s face and they all heaved a sigh.

“You guys can go back in, now! Unnie and I have something to settle!” Seri smirked and started to walk backwards.

You suddenly grabbed Suho’s wrist. “EXO-K!!! ON ME!!!” you then tossed a gun to Baekhyun. “MOVE!!!”

“MWOH???” Seri snapped. “EXO-M IS MINE THEN!!!” she also tossed a gun to Xiumin.