Burden

Two Moons

 

Tao and Kai gathered all of them after dinner while the girls were busy cleaning up the dining room. They were in Exo-K’s room sitting on the beds. “What’s the major announcement?” Chanyeol asked.

“It’s Sehee’s birthday tomorrow…” Tao said.

“MWOH???” they chorused.

“Sshhh!!! Keep it down!” Kai pressed a finger on his lips. “She doesn’t know that we know already…”

“Aish! Why did I even forget asking about their birthdays?” Sehun knocked his temple.

“It’s okay, maknae! We all didn’t know!” Suho patted his shoulder.

Xiumin suddenly raised a hand. “Baek, you still have your crystals?” he nodded. “Good! We can sell that somewhere so we can throw a party for Sehee.” he suggested.

“Right!” Kai blurted. “We should give her the best party ever!”

“Oh we will!” DO pointed a finger in the air. “I will make sure of it!”

They huddled around and discussed the best birthday bash a person could have, probably from an alien’s point of view. Each of them took part and will have their own roles.

After the planning, Tao and Kai stood with serious faces this time. The incident in the supermarket reminded them at how helpless they got and refused to experience it all over again.

“Wae? What is it?” Kris wondered.

Tao cleared his throat. “Well… I know that ever since we came here, Sehee and Seri were not the richest girls on Earth and having to feed and provide for 12 guys made it harder.” he said. “Sehee’s just really good at hiding it from us… We enjoy all the care and hospitality they give but failed to notice how much of a burden we are.”

All their faces sunk when reality hit them in the face. All that Tao said was anything but the truth, harsh but true.

“Are we really a burden to them?” Chen pouted.

“Do we make things harder for them?” Baekhyun added.

“Of course not!” you walked through the door.

“N-Noona???” Sehun slowly stood and walked up to you. “Since when did you come?”

“Don’t worry… I only heard what Chen asked.” you replied.

Sehun grabbed your wrist and pulled you in the middle of the room where you got surrounded by the boys. You sat on one of the beds and placed both hands on your lap. “Look guys! You don’t have to worry about anything, okay? Everything is fine. I assure you that!” your lips curled into a warm smile.

“But you still have to tell us.” Suho stood across you who leaned against the closet. “Do you think it will make us feel better if we see you suffer or even know that you’re having a hard time already?”

Sehun then rested his head on your shoulder and laced your fingers together. “Yah! What’s up with all of you? Huh? Did something happen today?” you looked at their faces. Kris was dazed. Luhan was filled with pain. Baekhyun and Chanyeol who were sitting on the floor and leaning against the wall, avoided your gaze. DO suddenly hugged you on the side. “Miahnada Sehee-ah! I promise, everything’s gonna be so much easier for you…” he said.

“Hey…” you placed your free arm around his waist. “You guys are scaring me. What’s up with all of you?” yet they remained quiet. “Guys! You don’t have to feel burdened or anything. You even make things easier for me! I swear!”

“And how is that?” Lay finally spoke.

“One thing that I learned from my mom is that, even when I think I have nothing more to give, as long as I have you beside me, whether my sister, my brother…” you shook your tangled hands with Sehun. “…or any of you… I will always have the strength! Even the slightest bit!” you then kissed your brother’s head. “Do you hear me, Sehun?”

He shifted to hug on the side. “Yes noona… Saranghae!” he said and you instantly got teary eyed.

 “I love you too.” you squeezed him and DO tighter. “You guys should know by now how much each of you mean to us.”  a tear dropped on DO’s thigh after closing your eyes.

“It’s her birthday alright…” Xiumin whispered to Luhan.

“Yeah… Humans tend to get emotional on their special day.” he replied.

“And you should by now as well, how much you and Seri changed our lives.” Baekhyun said.

You sniffled and as Luhan twirled his finger, a tissue hovered right in front of you. You removed your arm from DO and took it to wipe your tears. “Thanks… But this is because I needed it badly.” you chuckled.

“Whatever you say, miss!” he smiled.

“GROUP HUG!!!” Chanyeol instantly stood.

You, Sehun and DO ended up crashing against the bed with Chanyeol on top. “YEOL! Get off me! You’re heavy!” you squirmed.

“HYUNG!!!” the two boys complained. “YAH! My sister does not have super strength like us! Hyung, get off her!” Sehun scolded him.

“Andwae! I want a hug too!” Chanyeol sulked.

“I’ll give you one!” you murmured from underneath. “Get off me, first!”

He gladly stood and stretched his arms out. DO slowly pushed you up and heaved a deep breath to hug the giant in front of you. “I don’t know anymore who the bigger troll is. You? Or Kris?”

“Excuse me?” Exo-M’s leader protested.

As you stepped closer to him, Chanyeol circled his arms around you, then Kris attempted to yank you away from him. “Troll, huh?”

“Hyung! Don’t!” he squeezed you tighter.

“OHMAIGOD! Sehun-ah!!!” you surrendered from being pulled by two giants.

“That’s enough! Leave my sister alone!” Sehun pushed them with his superhuman strength.

Kris and Chanyeol landed on the floor and you stuck your tongue out to them. “Bleh~ Good night guys!” you snickered while being tugged out of the room by your brother.

During all those time, Suho chose to remain in his spot to watch you. Seeing you happy was more than enough for him, and seeing you with his own eyes every day was more than he could ask for. ‘I'm not afraid of anything, Sehee... Not even what humans call, love. But what I'm only afraid of, is not being loved back. Can you love me, Sehee?’ he looked away after Sehun closed their bedroom door.