Questions

Two Moons

 

It only took them three seconds to reach your room.

There they saw you in a pair of black leggings and peach sweater staring at Yongguk who stood by the window with hands in the air. He had ditched his alien get up and changed into what teenagers would wear: a layer of shirt and hoodie, saggy pants, high tops, and a cap. His normal self as you would call it.

“I came here all by myself… I just wanna talk to Sehee…” he kept eye contact with you.

Kris then walked in front of you. “What if I won’t allow it?” he firmly stood and crossed his arms on his chest.

“Then I’ll have to take her away from here. Maybe not now, but I will find a way…” he shifted his eyes to him with a grave look.

Suho also followed Kris and took his stance. “Is that a threat?” he cocked his head.

Yongguk lowered his hands. “No! I’m letting you know!” and cracked his knuckles.

You suddenly felt Chanyeol’s body heating up right next to you. Smoke escaped his balling fists and his eyes turned red as he glared at him.

“Yeol! It’s okay… You don’t have to do this…” you lowered his hand then also patted Kris and Suho’s arm. “I’ll talk to him…”

They all turned to you with nothing but worry. “You’re kidding me right?” Suho gritted his teeth.

“I’m serious… Just stay outside and you can come in anytime you like if you feel something is wrong…” you added.

“This… is wrong already!” Kris beckoned.

“Please guys! Let me do this…” you looked at them with pleading eyes.

“Fine…” Suho pointed a finger to your face. “But this will be the last time you talk to him. Araseo?” you nodded.

The boys left each leaving Yongguk a piercing stare.

“I’ll be outside…” Kris whispered and kissed your forehead making Yongguk look away.

After the door closed, Kris stayed to stand guard while the rest of them scattered outside the house.

Seeing Yongguk face to face was all it took to bring back your raging emotions from last night. Your normally calm and pleasant demeanor slowly changed. You were angry, bitter, hate filled you in an instant.

He moved a step but you suddenly stretched an arm out. “Stop! Just stay there!” you warned.

“Listen to me, Sehee!” he moved another step.

“I said stop! Can’t you understand a simple word?” you fumed. “Oh wait! I forgot! You’re an alien!” you slapped your forehead when sarcasm overpowered you.

“I’m not! Damn it!” he hissed.

“Oh! So you’re pissed now?” you placed both hands on your hips as you looked up. “This is unbelievable! The nerve of you to get angry! How dare you?!” you snarled.

Yongguk knew how hard you are to deal with when you’re mad. Harder than any of his enemy, even much harder than his father.

He ignored all your threats and walked towards you. As you see him close the gap, you stood frozen with bulging eyes. You only realize he was right in front of you, when he held your trembling shoulders.

“Don’t touch me!” you shoved his hands.

“Will you stop being stubborn just this once?” he grabbed your arms. “And listen to me!”

“I will! Just let me go!” you squirmed and he lowered his hands. “I’ll give you one minute!” you then crossed your arms and raised an eyebrow.

He took a deep breath after closing his eyes and stared back at you. What was once a pair of killer eyes suddenly turned angelic. Eyes that you once loved and treasured.

“It’s true that I’m the son of a tyrant. It’s true that my father asked me to look for you and kill you…”

“Does that include getting my trust? My sister’s trust?” you interrupted him. “Even my mother’s trust? So you can easily get rid of us? Huh? Is that it?” you lowered your hands and clenched your fist.

He once again held your shoulders. “No! When you and eomeoni found me on the street, it was all part of an immersion. I was being groomed and trained to be my father’s successor, and sending me here with nothing was supposed to teach me how to survive on my own…”

“Uwaaaa~ How long did it take you to come up with that?” you shook your head as if praising him.

Your body has already turned numb and none of his words almost made no sense. “Do you expect me to believe that?”

“I don’t! But I still chose to tell you the truth!” he firmly gripped your shoulders. “I swear, Sehee! I didn’t know that you’re the girl we are looking for! Had I known, I would’ve abandoned this mission right from the start!”

“So do I have to thank you now?” you smirked. “Or do I have to get down on my knees, beg for you to spare me, beg for you to let my sister go? Is that what I’m supposed to do?”

Yongguk released you when frustration hit him really hard. He started to pace in front of you while staring at the ceiling with hands clasped behind his head. “For sake, Sehee! Stop it already!” he blew out an air trying to hold his anger in. “I didn’t mean any of these to happen! You know how much I…” he gulped. “You know how much you and Seri mean to me! All those times that I stayed here was the happiest moment in my life.” he stopped in front of you and held your shoulders again. “I was not taught to survive…” he shook his head. “Seri taught to me laugh! Shin taught me how to be a friend! Eomeoni taught me how to be a human!” he then cupped your face. “You, taught me love…”

His touch weakened you. Your eyes started to flutter when the never ending blissful thoughts flooded your mind. His giggles with your sister, his wrestling matches with Shin by the yard, even walking down the street while eating ice cream.

You opened your eyes and looked away. “That doesn’t change the fact that you left…” you shot him a glare. “You left, Bang! Don’t you know how worried we were? You can forget about me and how much I suffered. But not my sister and my mother!” you gritted your teeth.

He turned your face towards him and firmly held your jaw. “I’m really sorry! I had to go, Sehee! My father found out how I got attached to you and your family.” his voice shook.

Yongguk was in the brink of letting his emotions take over, and it’s been a while since he felt his human side. But right after seeing you last night, it was more than enough to bring back his old self. “When I left to buy you a birthday cake, I met him just outside the fence! He threatened me, Sehee! That if I don’t leave you, he will kill all of you!” his hands trembled so hard that you had to hold his wrists.

Yongguk dropped his head when sorrowful tears slowly dripped. “My own father, taking the only people I love. Not just hurting them, but killing them!” he sneered. “Don’t you know how much that hurts? He made me choose, Sehee! What do you expect me to do?”

“Bang… If you suffered… I suffered to…” you pushed his hands down. “We’re even!” you turned towards the door leaving an old friend, crying with a burning heart.

Just as you reached out for the knob, a pair of hands ended up in your tummy and warm breaths fanned behind your hair. “I miss you so much, Sehee…” Yongguk whispered as he pressed his forehead at the back of your head. “There was never a day I didn’t think of you. Even in battles, even in my dreams. You kept me alive…” he breathed. “It broke my heart when eomeoni passed away. A part of me died and not being with you was even harder.” you bit your lip to stop it from quivering. “I can’t be with you on your birthday so I decided to visit her instead! I do it every year… It’s the least I can do for the both of you. I bring her lilacs and even talk to her… I’m so sorry, Sehee…”

‘Oh my god! It’s him…’ You closed your eyes trying to block any emotions. But his tears dropping on your neck and sobs ringing in your ears, made it all harder for you. You’re just as weak as him but having your back against his chest became a good way to hide everything. “I have forgiven you, Bang…” you held his hands. “But I don’t think I have the strength to be friends with you again…” you unclasped his hands.

But he squeezed you tighter, refusing to let you go. “Please don’t…” he begged. “I love you, Sehee… I shouldn’t have accepted your mom’s help. I shouldn’t have stepped into your life…” he whispered. “But what can I do? Fate pushed me! I’m sorry if I have to love you…”

It’s as if your heart stopped beating. You can’t feel anything. Just your head spinning, your knees shaking. ‘I’m sorry coz I already forgot how much I love you…’ you dropped your head. “I’m sorry, Bang… I’m in love with someone else…”

With that, his grip loosened and you broke away from him. “I’m gonna love you still and I’ll be here no matter what!” he said and you stopped. “There’s no turning back now…” he gasped, you left.

After closing the door behind you, Kris caught you as you fell on the floor. Your tears came pouring down when a bomb exploded in your chest. You became limp in his arms and all you could do was cry. Not even a single word came out of your mouth. Just sobs, gasps and sniffs.

Kris sat on the floor and pulled you in his lap. “It’s okay… I’m here…” he pressed your head in his chest.

“Noona!!!” Sehun came running up the stairs. “Hyung! We saw him jump out of the window and left, so we came in right away!” he then kneeled in front of you. “What happened? Noona? What’s wrong?”

“Se-Sehun…” you shifted and clung into him. “Sehun…” you cried.

“It’s okay… Sshhhh…” he rubbed your back. “Dongsaeng is here…”

Seeing you breaking down was the first for them. They never saw you shatter. You were weakened and battered like a fighter who just went out of a ring almost lifeless.

“ this ! I can’t take this anymore!” Kris stood.

“NO!” you grabbed his wrist. “Please don’t go!” you pleaded. “Don’t leave me! Don’t leave us!” you begged. “Luhan! Suho! DO!!!” you called them. “Don’t goooo… If you don’t want to see me die… Just stay…” your eyes turned into volcanoes spewing tears of sadness. “Stay… Please…” your voice turned hoarse with every plea you make. “Stay… Jebaallll…”

“Noona… No one is leaving, okay?” Sehun wiped your tears. “Stop crying already… It hurts me seeing you this way…” he hugged you. “I will never leave you! I promise!”

Being surrounded by the people you love at that moment, gave you the strength you needed. Hearing their voices, gave you hope. But seeing that special someone, gave you the will to live.