Another Chance

Two Moons

Shin left them and went out of the room. That’s when he noticed Luhan standing by door frame of Exo-M’s room with Kris and Suho following him.

“Dude! I’m sorry about earlier.” Shin told them.

“It’s okay, man! You got a point anyway.” Kris placed a hand on his shoulder. “And about last night, we won’t let it happen again. You have my word!”

“Thanks! I just don’t like seeing the girls suffer. They’ve been through a lot already…” he sighed.

“You can trust us, Shin!” Suho reached out a hand to him and they shook hands.

“Can I see her?” he asked and Luhan nodded.

“Over here…” he led him into their room and pointed at Tao’s bed where Lay has been busy looking after you.

“Lay, please check Seri. She had trouble breathing earlier.” he said.

“Neh!” he replied and they walked out.

Lay went to see Seri while the three watch Shin sit on the edge of the bed and reach out to your hand. He laced your fingers together and pressed it in his lips. Just like them, his eyes were filled with pain as he look down to you. Just like them, his chest burned in agony thinking to switch places with you. And just like them, he’s been thinking of ways to make life easier for you.

“I feel so worthless right now…” Kris muttered. “It’s like I’m doing the other way around. I can hardly protect Sehee and Seri. Damn, this is so messed up!” he gritted his teeth.

“Hyung! We always have time to straighten things up. We can always fix it!” Suho said.

“Yeah! If a normal human like Shin can do it, so can we!” Luhan added.

Feeling the warm and familiar bony fingers squeezing your hand gave you an electrifying shock. Your eyes flinched then your lids slowly opened. “S-Shin?” you squinted to a blurry figure above you.

“It’s me babe…” he smiled and your cheek. “How are you feeling?”

“Tired…” you croaked.

“That’s normal...” he then lowered himself and s his arms around your back. “I’m sorry baby… I wasn’t there to help you. I’m really sorry…”

Having Shin was more than enough to remove all the trauma and nightmare you’ve been dreaming about. Thanks to Lay, your arms were strong enough to embrace him tighter. “It’s okay, Shin! As long as my sister is safe, I’m good! She’s okay, right?”

“Well, she just had an asthma attack but we took care of her!” he patted your back.

You pulled away and lay back down. “What? Are you sure?” he nodded. “She must be scared.” you crossed both hands on your tummy and looked at the ceiling. “I really thought it was the end of me, Shin! I’ve never been scared all my life until last night…” you blew out an air.

“It’s not gonna happen anymore, Sehee! You have 12, make that 13 as your bodyguards.” he laughed. “Seriously though, if that happens again, you’ll just have to be stronger and keep fighting. Whatever you did last night kept you and Seri alive.” he pinched your nose.

“I guess you’re right…” you then averted your attention to him. “Thanks for coming!”

“Anytime, babe! Besides, your guys need a little smack in the face so they can do a better job than me.” he eyed the three standing by the door.

You also looked at them and they all waved at you with faint smiles. “Those dorks!” you murmured.

“Well, I gotta go. Rest well, a’right? Don’t make me go back and punch someone again!” he your bangs.

“You did what???” you glared at him.

“Nothing! Kekeke~” he stood and kissed your forehead. “Bye babe!”

Just as he turned and started to leave, you kicked his . “Idiot!”

He stuck his tongue out to you and made his way out. “Take care of her.” he told them.

“We will… Thanks!” Kris exchanged bro hugs with him.

“DO! CHEN! XIUMIN! Time to go!!!” Shin hollered through the hallway and the rest of the bakeshop team scrambled out.

After Shin left, Luhan walked in being trailed by Suho and Kris. “Hey, gwenchana? Do you want me to call Lay?” he sat beside you.

“Just a little tired but I’m good…” you smiled to him and looked at Kris and Suho who also sat on the other side. “Sorry about what happened.”

“It’s not your fault, Sehee! Stop apologizing!” Kris said.

“Okay… But what happened to those creeps?” you eyed them.

“Trust me!” Suho smirked. “You don’t wanna know…”

“This will be the last time I’ll tolerate what you did. Araseo?” you pointed at each of them.

“Yes ma’am!” they saluted.

You then forced yourself up and Luhan took you by your arms. “T-Thanks… I just wanna see Seri…”

“Take it easy…” Luhan pulled you up and supported you out of the bed.

Being injured and sleeping for so long almost made your legs forgot to function. Your thighs and knees were shaking, so Luhan had to haul you closer to him with an arm around your waist. “Hang on to me…” he said and you gripped his hands.

Suho and Kris walked ahead while you both trailed from behind. It felt like entering a room filled with chilly winds when you walked in making your shiver. Suho walked back to you with a blanket and wrapped it around your body. “Thanks! What the hell happened here?” you looked around.

“Must be Sehun!” Luhan whispered.

That’s when you saw your brother twirling his finger while Seri kept coughing but was fully entertained beside him. She sat on the bed wrapped in a blanket with Kai on the other side and the rest of Exo around them. "Aahhhh~ That felt so good!" she breathe with eyes closed.

“Noona!” Sehun waved.

“U-Unnie!” Seri attempted to stand but staggered back down.

“Hey, relax… You’re not even fully healed yet!” Kai propped her up.

Kris swiftly lifted you and gently placed you close to your siblings. “Aigooo~ I miss my babies!” you opened your arms and they both lunged on you making you land on the bed. “OWWW!!!” you laughed.

“Yah! Be careful! Such rowdy people!” Kris warned.

“Miahnae…” you snickered.

“I guess you’re okay now?” Kai ruffled your hair.

“Neh! Seeing all of you is all it took. Hehehe~” you giggled. “But I’m hungry though…” you pouted.

Lay and Suho then started to leave. “That’s our cue then! Let’s go down!” says the leader.

“Oppa! I want a piggyback!” Seri reached out to Sehun.

“Fine!” he rolled his eyes.

Before she hopped onto your brother’s back, Seri leaned to your ears. “You should let Kris carry you…”

“Shut up!” you pushed her and an evil grin formed on her face. “YAH!!! At least one of you should carry our sister! Such lazy asses!”

The boys look at you with eager smiles and waited for you to choose. You shot a death glare at your sister who kept eyeing Kris from her right.

“BAEKHYUN! Come here!” you said and they all gawked. Even Seri’s what-the- face is clearly noticeable. “What? I can choose whoever I want. Right Baek?”

“But of course, my dear!” he happily obliged and you stuck a tongue out to her.

“Gaja!!!” you signaled.