Request

Two Moons

 

The walk unusually became longer and silent. Kai kept both hands in his pocket with a lollipop in his mouth while Seri clutched the straps of her backpack. They both looked ahead but given her spunk, she suddenly jumped in front of him and flailed her arms in the air. “KAIII!!!” Helloooo!!!” she kept waving even if his head moved from side to side in hopes to avoid her. “Woohooo~ Hwang Seri to Mr. Grumpy!!!” she snickered.

“Seri please… Stop it!” Kai said in monotone with all the seriousness in his face.

So she did. Her arms dropped in her sides, also her head and shoulders. “Miahn…” she turned and slowly walked.

With that, Kai felt guilty. He always has a soft spot for her. She is after all the love of his life. ‘Why am I in love with such an idiot? I can hardly resist her! Aish!’ he knocked his head and ran in front of her. “Let’s go over there…” he grabbed her wrist and pulled her towards a nearby park.

“Yah! At least try to slow down!” she ran to match his long strides.

“Deal with it! You could get used to some exercise!” he strongly suggested.

“Jerk!” she murmured behind his back.

“I heard that!” he smirked so she decided to make faces instead.

They entered the empty park and made their way to the swings. Kai snatched her backpack and dropped it on the ground. “Sit!” he ordered and she unknowingly followed.

After taking her spot on one of the swings, Kai ditched the candy and kneeled in one foot in front of her. What was once an angered face now turned pleading with eyes that showed he wanted something so bad.

“What’s going on?” she worried.

“Tao hyung told me everything…” he stared into her. “That he loves you. That you love him…” her eyes widened. “That you love me…”

“He…He did?” she stuttered, he nodded. “Is that why you’re mad at me?” she dropped her head to avoid his gaze. “I’m sorry, Kai…”

“No Seri! I can never be mad at you… I’m hurt! It’s painful!” he then held her hands. “But is it true that you love me?”

“Mhmmm…” she nodded.

“Then that’s all I can ever ask for. Look at me…” she raised her head. “I might not have given you the love that you only found in Tao, but that’s all I got, Seri. That’s all I ever have.” he gulped and blink away the b tears in his eyes. “But then I realize, I can’t live without you. Loving me as much as you love him is more than enough to keep me alive.”

“Oh Kai…” she hugged him.

He raised his upper body and squeezed her tighter. He tried hard not to let her see his tears but sobs escaped his mouth as he spoke. “I love you so much, Seri!” he wept. “I want to be with you forever so that I can show you the kind of love I can give.”

“We will always be together, Kai! I promise you that!” she rubbed his back. “Me choosing Tao does not mean I’m leaving you. Our love and friendship will never keep us apart. Always remember that!”

With his tears streaming down his face, Kai pulled away and cupped her face. “I’m holding on to the thought that you’re not mine.” he looked deeper into her. “I’m going to look at those eyes that will never be mine.” he whispered. “But at least let me have your lips...” he slowly leaned closer to her face. “Let me be your first kiss…” he tilted his head without breaking eye contact. “Kiss me…”

As she relaxed her hand on his chest, her lids slowly dropped giving Kai the opportunity he asked for. ‘Thank you, Hwang Seri…’ his eyes closed and gently crashed his lips into hers.

The tears never stopped from flowing as her touch eased his pain away. They kissed like they just shrugged off the world. Everything went dark around them, leaving them all alone with fireworks above their heads.

Seri on the other hand, wondered how in the middle of a cold afternoon she could feel like being burned alive. His hands on her face, his soft lips on her lips, his nose touching her nose, everything was warm.

That exciting tingle which started at the lips and flowed to the tips of their toes left them begging for more. Kai slowly rose and securely pulled her up. He tilted his head for another angle and they took it as a chance to catch a breath. He slowly dropped his hands and s it around her back, pushing her against his chest.

By this time, Seri already tasted hints of apple lingering in his lips and it was really good. So good that her tongue accidentally brushed against his lips. He cringed in surprise but a smile formed after.

After what seemed like a lifetime of memorizing every passion and intimacy, Kai pulled away and pressed his forehead on hers. “I love you, Seri… I can’t give you the moon and stars, or the mountains and seas, but you can have me anyway you want.” he sniffled. “I don’t care who you love more or who you have chosen, but this is me, Seri. All of me... and I'm all yours…” he whispered.

She cupped his face this time and wiped his tears with her thumb. “I don’t deserve this much, Kai! I’m nothing but a clumsy, coward girl. I can’t give you anything in return.”

“No… You gave more than enough already. You changed my life in many different ways.” he cried. “Loving me back is all I could ever ask for.” he smiled.

“Oh Kai!” she stretched her arms out and hugged him.

“Aigooo~ You will be the first and last girl to make me cry. I swear!” he sniffled while resting his chin on her shoulder.

“Right… That’s what Tao said last night…” she snorted.

Kai suddenly pulled away and held her shoulders. “Mwoh? He cried?” she nodded. “Uwaaaa~ You’re such a bad girl! Making boys cry like that! Tsk! Tsk! Tsk!” he shook his head. “And because of that you need to be punished.”

“Ehh?” her eyes widened in surprise. “Punished?”

“Mhmmm!” he firmly cupped her face and pulled her closer to him. “Prepare for an onslaught of kisses!”

“Mwoh? What the fu….” she got interrupted when he pressed his lips on her lips. “Mmmmm…” she squirmed.

“Stop moving…” he kissed her cheek this time. “Or I will double your punishment!” he shifted to the tip of her nose.

“YAHHH!!!” she protested, then another wave of kisses landed on her lips. “I’m gonna……tell…..Sehun……oppa……about this!” she said in between kisses.

Kai pulled away while pressing her cheeks together making her lips pucker like a duck. “Oh yeah? I should enjoy this then!” an evil grin flashed.

“Nooooooo….”