Another Attack

Two Moons

 

Morning came and the entire house was left in complete silence. Although Lay managed to heal your stab wounds, no one knew when you will wake up. Even Seri who passed out has also remained in slumber.

You laid in Exo-M’s room with Luhan and Lay beside you while she remained in your room with Sehun also sleeping.

“Gege? Are the girls gonna be okay?” Tao worried over breakfast.

“I hope so, di!” the leader replied.

They all looked at each other nervously. Never had they imagined that both sisters will get hurt right under their noses. Worse, you almost had a brush with death.

“We can’t let this happen again, guys. We just got lucky this time that Seri managed to reach home.” Xiumin slowly chewed.

“I agree!” Baekhyun swallowed. “We got too comfortable that we forgot how dangerous this planet is.” he added.

“Right! I never imagined how cruel humans can be!” DO gripped his chopsticks.

Suho then placed his glass down after drinking and clasped both hands on the table. “At least we learned our lesson… Starting today, no one! And I mean, no one leaves Sehee and Seri alone. I don’t care if they grew annoyed or irritated, just don’t let them out of your sight. Understand?” he warned.

“NEH!!!” they chorused.

Just as they continued to eat, the door crashed wide open. “Where’s Sehee? Where’s Seri?” Shin stormed in.

“HYUNG!!!” Chen’s head shot up.

Shin strode to the table with fists shaking on his sides. “What the hell is wrong with you, huh?” he roared. “There are 12 of you here and none of you can even do a simple task of keeping the girls safe?”

“Woah! Woah! Easy there buddy!” Kris left his seat and placed both palms on Shin’s chest. “Why are you here? And how did you know about what happened?”

“Don’t touch me!” he shoved his hands. “Wae? Am I not allowed to go here anymore? FYI!!!” he stepped closer and glared at Exo-M’s leader who happily returned the favor. “I’ve been here longer than any of you which gives me all the right to be here!!!” he poked a finger in Kris’ chest. “And what? You guys are planning to keep this from me? Huh? I guess DO is the only one I can trust then?”

The rest of Exo shot a glare at the culprit.

“Guys, I’m sorry but he deserves to know. Besides, the girls need all the support they could get.” DO pouted.

“It’s okay, man! We understand!” Suho stood to break Kris and Shin apart. “Let’s all calm down, please…”

“I said don’t touch me!” Shin pushed him as well.

“Dude! What’s wrong with you?” Kai instinctively joined them and pushed him back. “What happened was an accident! We didn’t want any of it!”

“Really? Coz the last time I checked, this has never happened before you came!” he pointed a finger to their faces. They never knew how angry and pissed Shin was. His face reddened from the rage building up in his chest, with fists itching to land on someone’s face. “The girls never endured so much pain coz I’m always there for them! I dedicated all my life to protect and take good care of them! Yet here you are, all 12 of you, not even able to do that simple, puny little thing! How can you be so useless? DAMN IT!!!” your best friend’s voice rang through the entire house.

“Woah! Hold up! Are you saying it was our fault?” Chanyeol snapped and Xiumin tugged his shirt to pull him back down.

Shin smirked and cracked his knuckles. “I’m not saying it was all your fault! I said, I was blaming you!” he cockily rubbed his chin.

“MWOH?” Kai fumed. “ YOU!!!” he pushed Shin once again and the latter retaliated with a solid punch to his face.

Those who remained seated instantly scrambled to break each other sides. The sensible ones, Suho, DO, and Xiumin, stood in front of Shin while the rest who shared Kai’s sentiments held him back.

Before a rumble could erupt, they were interrupted.

“HYUUNNGGGG!!!” Sehun suddenly came running down the stairs and they all froze for him. “We have a problem!”

“WHAT IS IT???” Tao panicked and ran to him.

“Seri is coughing really hard in her sleep and she’s breathing rapidly. I don’t know what’s happening!!!” he panted.

“OH !!!” Shin shoved them aside and ran up the stairs. With all the nervousness surrounding him, he managed to leap over a couple of steps and jumped onto the bed. He got on his knees and carefully lifted her head up. “Seri-ah!” she lightly taps her cheek. “Sweetie, wake up! Sweetie… Heeyyy!”

“Hyung! What’s happening to my sister?” Sehun sat beside them. Tao stood at the end of the bed with hands clasped behind his neck while the rest of Exo surrounded them.

“Seri has asthma. It rarely attacks her but it gets her hard…” Shin pulled her towards the headboard and made her lean against it.

“What is that?” Kai took the courage to sit on the other side.

Shin stayed in front of her as her head dropped. “It's a lung disease that inflames and narrows the airways which makes Seri lose her breath… Sehun-ah, hold her...” her brother moved beside her and gently clutched her shoulders.

All they can hear are painful wheezes escaping her lips, and all they can see is her chest moving up and down at a faster pace. “Seri-ah… Wake up…” Shin kept tapping her cheeks.

“O-Oppa…” her eyes fluttered open and gasped.

“Hey there sweetie… Stay with us, okay? Relax… Breathe…” she slowly nodded and Shin grabbed Kai’s hands and made him cup her jaw. “Keep her head up and hold her still.”

“O-Oppa, d-don’t go…” she wheezed.

“I’ll be here. Don’t worry… Sehun and the guys are here. You’ll be fine!” she nodded and Shin jumped out of the bed, running to their closet.

“Hyung? Do you need help?” DO approached him.

“I’m looking for her inhaler!” he rummaged through their clothes.

“What does it look like?” Chen also started looking.

“It consists of a light blue, plastic casing with a darker blue mouthpiece protector.” he explained.

As they look around, Seri slowly grabbed her brother’s hand. “O-Oppa… U-Unnie???” she gasped.

“She’s okay! She’s in the other room…” Sehun squeezed her hand.

DO was on the bedside table and looking under the drawer. “Hyung, I found it!”

Shin snatched it away from him and jumped back on the bed. He held the inhaler a few inches back from and sprayed it. “Breathe…” she inhaled. “Good girl… Breathe again, sweetie…” he sprayed again and she followed.

After a couple of minutes, Seri’s breathing came back to normal but started to cry. “YAH! You better stop crying or you won’t be able to breathe again. AISH!” Shin scolded her.

“M-Miahnae… I was so scared, oppa!” she sniffled. “They hurt unnie who was just trying to protect me…”

“We know, sweetie. But you don’t have to worry anymore. Sehee’s fine. You are fine. That’s what important right now…” he ruffled her hair.

“Yeah… You’re safe now, Seri!” Sehun crawled closer to her and hugged her.

“O-Oppaaaaa…” she sobbed.

“Hey! Stop crying sis or that asthma will come back again and I’ll have another heart attack.” he rubbed her back. “You don’t want that to happen to me, right?”

“Mhmmm…” she pressed her eyes on his chest. “Okay… I’ll stop now…” she murmured.

“Aigooo~ My big baby…” Sehun chuckled.

"Dude, how much information did you tell Shin?" Xiumin whispered to DO. "Does he know everything about us?"

"Nope, I just told him that the girls were attacked last night and we managed to find them on time..." the younger murmured as they watched them.

"Good!" he sighed.