Bang Yong Guk

Two Moons

 

There was once a boy whom you and your mom found sleeping outside the bakeshop. He was obviously homeless given his torn black shirt and ripped skinny jeans.

Being young and aware of the violence the world has gone into, you greatly opposed the idea of inviting him in, even offering a place to stay at your house.

“Mom! He might be a thief or a murderer or a ! We can hand him over to the police so they will be the one to decide what to do with him!” you whispered.

“Yah! I only remember teaching you to be nice to other people especially to those in need, but not being judgmental and selfish!” she pointed a finger to your face.

“I’m not, mom! I’m just making sure of our safety!” you scoffed.

“Oh really?” she raised an eyebrow.

“Really mom! Tch!” you walked over the sleeping figure and went into the bakeshop.

Your mom however, stooped down to him and shook his arm. “Juhgiyo…” she said. “Hey… Wake up!” she kept poking him.

“Y-Yes?” he squinted his eyes on a lady looking down at him.

“This is our bakeshop and you’re blocking our path. The customers won’t be able to come in!” she smiled.

“Oh! Miahnaeyo…” he instantly stood and bowed.

“It’s okay!” she ruffled his hair. “What's your name?”

“Bang Yongguk imnida…” he bowed again.

“Well hello there, Yongguk-shi!” she reached out a hand to him. “I’m the owner of this bakeshop and would you like to come in for some breakfast?”

He shot his head up with a shocked expression. “Ehh??? Ermmm…” he rubbed his tummy. “S-Sure… Thanks!” he bowed.

As you stood behind the counter wearing an apron, you saw your mom entering with the homeless boy and you sighed. ‘Why don’t she put up a charity org instead?’

“Sehee-ah! Go get your lunchbox and give it to this young fella!” she ordered.

“MWOH? No way!” you scowled and she gave you her threatening eyes. “Fine!” you stomped towards the kitchen.

You came out with a lunch box and placed it on a table where he sat.

“This is my daughter, Sehee!” she said.

“Annyeong haseyo…” he bowed shyly.

“Hi!” you also bowed and turned to the counter but your mom pulled your apron. “This is Yongguk! He’ll be staying in our house starting today!”

“MWOH? Mom, are you crazy?” you scrunched your face.

“No! So deal with it!” she then released you. “He’ll be staying in the attic so you don’t have to worry about anything.”

“Yeah! Yeah!” you waved.

----------

You cant help but reminisce about your past. The way you hang out with him by the porch, how he catches Seri everytime she trips, how he once panicked when you fainted after Shin cut himself.

That gummy smille kept haunting your dreams and you never imagined it will come back to actually get you.

He was a normal boy just like anybody else and it never came to your mind, that he is also a leader of a sadistic clan out to kill you.

That night, Suho found you sitting on the kitchen floor and leaning against the fridge. You sunk your face in between your bent legs while everybody else had already fallen asleep.

“That’s how I first met him…” you said.

As he crouched in front of you, he asked how of all people on Earth, you met the leader of BAP who happens to be hunting you down.

“He was really nice. We even became friends in a matter of days, just like with you guys. He would bring Seri to school, fetch her after, help Shin deliver mooncakes, help my mom around the bakeshop. He did everything just like you guys do.” you looked at him. “One night, during my birthday, he gave me a stuff toy bunny and said that he’s going out to buy a cake... But he never came back. I don’t know how, why, where? But he just disappeared! I’m so confused right now, Suho…” you sunk your face again.

“I guess we now know where he went…” he slowly moved to your side and cupped your face. “Sehee-ah… I need you to be honest with me, okay?” you slowly nodded. “Do you have feelings for him?”

“He and Shin were the only friends I had and I loved them both equally. But not anymore! I swear! The moment he left, I removed every trace of him in my life. Right now, he is nothing but a traitor to me, my family and Shin!” your lips quivered and tears threatened to fall again. “Suho-ah, I don’t wanna cry no more. I’m so tired already…” you closed your eyes.

“Then don’t! Come here, Sehee…” he pressed your head on his chest. “You’ll have to be stronger than before! You can’t let someone from your past ruin your life again.” he your hair. “Show him that you survived all these years without him. Okay?”

“Okay…” you sighed and raised your head to him. “Are they really gonna come to get me and Seri?”

“They are! But we’re not gonna let that happen! Not even touch you! You have my word!” he your cheeks.

“But how are we gonna end this without no one getting hurt?” you worried.

“Hey… Just leave it to us! That’s what we’re here for!” he said. “And promise me that whatever you do, or any decision you make, you have to let us know. Araseo?”

“I promise!” you sighed and leaned your head on his chest.

“Do you want me to carry you up to your room?” he tucked strands of hair behind your ear.

“Shireo… Let’s stay here for a bit…” you yawned.

“Ace will feel lonely without you by his side.” he chuckled.

“Nah... He’s with his daddy right now…’ you scooted closer to him.

Suho smiled and leaned against the fridge while hugging from the side. ‘Everything’s gonna be okay, Sehee! I promise!’