Mato And The Chasers

Two Moons

Kris took flight and watched his comrades jump and run over towering buildings.

Down below, Lay lead the V formation.

“Lay! Are you sure about this?” Luhan yelled from behind.

“Dude! You know very well how capable he is! Be patient!” Xiumin added who ran beside him.

Chen and Tao, who were at the rear end, also kept watchful eyes.

Then Lay came to an abrupt stop in the middle of an intersection. In the absence of cars and humans, traffic lights were left flashing. Kris descended beside him. “Duizhang! He’s almost here…”

“Who is it? A scout? An officer? The leader?” Kris glared at different directions.

A Mato Scout is the lowest rank in their clan. They are sent as either pawns or baits during covert operations. In earthly terms, scouts are soldiers. On the other hand, an officer is one of the five high ranked officials. They were the one who give out orders to their scouts. Finally, their leader who is synonymous to Kris and Suho, gives out commands given to him by the Prime Minister of Planet Mato.

“I'm not sure yet! But we’re about to find out!” Lay said.

They all stood in the stillness of the night under the freezing temperature. Xiumin used his ability to slow the enemy down. Mato is a dessert like planet where its habitants were only used to warm and humid weather. They rarely attack Planet Exo since half of the entire region is covered in ice which renders them vulnerable.

In the middle of ear splitting silence, Lay snapped. “TAO!!! TO YOUR RIGHT!!!”

“DIDI!!! GO!!!” Kris snarled. As the youngest flicked his fingers, they all took off in pursuit after time stood still. Mato officers are unaffected with it but Tao used it to shield anyone around them.

Being the fastest and most agile, Exo-M’s maknae already got a glimpse of the invader. His jet black hair glistened under the moonlight and his trench coat flew as he ran with the wind. He took a quick glance and let out a smirk. ‘Well! Well! Well! What do we have here? The rumors were true after all. Earth, huh? Hmmmm… That’s interesting!’

His dark slanted eyes were sadistic enough to feed Tao’s hunger to protect you and Seri. ‘You’ll regret stepping into this planet. This is now my territory, Himchan!’

Tao reached out to Himchan’s shoulder when he was just an arm’s length away from him. “Gotcha!” he grabbed his shoulder.

“You wish!” he quickly grabbed Tao’s wrist and easily hurled him into a light post with Exo-M in hot pursuit. "AHHH!!!" Tao grunted after crashing.

Just like Exo, the six officials from Mato, better known as BAP, are just as fast and strong. The only advantage of the 12 boys over them is their unique abilities.

“DIDI!!!” Luhan caught up.

“I’m okay! JUST GO!!!” Tao pushed him.

Exo-M and Himchan continued running through Banpo Bridge and eventually ended up deep into the forest. Looking to make an escape, Himchan cleverly leaps back and forth from tree to tree. “Catch me if you can, fools!” he taunted.

Chen curled his fingers and released grumbling thunders from the sky straight to every tree he stepped on. “You’ll be a fried rabbit in no time! Jackass!” he laughed.

“Chen!” Kris called. “Easy… This is not our playground…” and he flew.

Kris was like a jet flying stealthily in the air. Himchan forgot who he was dealing with. Among all their enemies, Exo-M served to be the toughest and most cunning. They are very good strategists and takes time to carry out a very effective plan. Exo-K on the other hand, are far more ruthless and aggressive which is bone chilling to their opponents.

With all the excitement and distraction Himchan is enjoying, Kris snatched him off the ground like a worm in the eagle’s claw. The rest of his team retreated while he soared above an ocean.

“Wanna go for a night swim?” Kris said.

“Yah! Let go of me!!!” he thrashed his legs.

“Okay!” he released him.

“NOOOOO!!!” Himchan vertically descended straight to the deep blue waters but Kris caught him just in time.

“I thought you said to let go? I just did what you told me! I’m just setting an example, y’know!” he smirked.

“What do you want?” Himchan gulped and looked up.

Kris raised him to meet his gaze while gripping his collar. “Go back to where you came from and tell your leader there’s nothing here!” he warned. “I rarely give chances so if I were, I'll take it!”

“How sure are you that I’m gonna tell them that?” he cocked his head with a smirk.

“Oh I’m sure you will! You wouldn’t want your friends sweeping the entire galaxy for your limbs and organs, right?” Himchan slowly shook his head. “Good… Coz that’s what I do to liars and conniving bastards!”

Kris suddenly faked a smile to him. “You better be sure I won’t see you here anymore…” he then looked down and seeing that they were just a few feet up, an evil smile formed on his face. “By the way, you stink!” he unclenched his grasp and Himchan slipped from his hands.

“HOLY SHIIIITTTTT!!!” he plunged straight into the water. “HOW COULD YOU!!!” he slammed his fists on the water.

“Oopsss! Miahnae… You needed a bath anyway. So it’s all good!” Kris hovered on top of him. “Heed my warning, Mato!” he firmly said and flew back to Seoul.