Uninvited Guest

Two Moons

 

The chimes rang after Seri walked in. She went straight to the kitchen and often see you baking mooncakes when loneliness gets you in the middle of the night. But then, she saw you sitting on the floor with legs stretched out and holding a picture frame.

“Unnie? Let’s go home?” she slowly walked towards you.

“Seri-ah… I don’t think I’ll ever survive this time.” you said.

“Wae yo?” she sat beside you and glanced at the frame.

There were two small girls sitting on a pavement in front of the same bakeshop with the biggest smiles on their faces with peace signs formed on both hands.

“This bakeshop keeps my sanity intact. This bakeshop keeps my blood flowing. This bakeshop keeps me breathing…” you looked up to the ceiling. “I will die if they will take it away from us…”

“W-What? What are you talking about?” she panicked.

“I met a guy last week and told me the bakeshop is facing foreclosure. I need to come up with a huge amount of money to pay all our debts.” you blew out an air.

“OH.MY.GOD! Unnie! I thought this business is completely yours already? How did that happen?” she added.

“That’s what I thought too. But apparently, mom failed to pay certain taxes all these years.” you gulped and continued staring in nothingness. “I don’t know what to do, Seri. I might just lose this one…”

Seri covered her gaping mouth and looked down at the picture again. ‘No! It will never happen! I’d rather die first than to give up this bakeshop!’ she clenched her fist. “Unnie!” you faced her. “If I could take the pain, I would. But all I have are eyes to cry with you, arms for you to run to and a promise that you’ll never bear the pain alone cause I’m here! Sehun oppa is here! EXO is here!” she then laced your fingers together. “We will fix this, okay? We will figure something out and I promise you, we will never lose this place!”

Your lips instantly formed into a smile. “Thanks… That’s all I needed sis! Thank you for being here!” you hugged.

----------

Back home, the boys were in random spots of the house. Exo-K were in living room watching TV while Exo-M were in their room playing cards.

Sehun mostly stayed by the door and would sometimes peek through the window.

For some reason, he suddenly grew anxious. A weird feeling of discomfort churned in his stomach and he couldn’t pinpoint exactly what.

Chen and Xiumin saw him pacing in front of the door when they came down the stairs. “Dude, are you okay?” Chen asked.

“Y-yeah! I’m good!” he forced a smile.

“Cool!” Xiumin raised a thumb and they both went to the kitchen.

Luhan, Kris, and Tao also came down when they eventually got bored and joined the rest of Exo in the living room.

‘Aish! Don’t be paranoid! Geez! They’re okay!’ Sehun kept cracking his knuckles still pacing by the door.

With all the noise coming from the anime Exo was watching, it was rather calm and peaceful. That's what keeping Sehun on the edge. He got goose bumps just standing and walking around. He could already throw up the dinner he had. He even took a step to leave the house.

Then all of a sudden, Lay came running down the stairs with face completely drained in color. “EXO!!! A MATO WARRIOR IS HERE!!!”