Jealousy ver. 2

Two Moons

 

Those who were left at home eventually got bored. Kris and Lay slumped on the couch while watching TV, Suho controlled the water with the twirl of his fingers while doing the laundry, and Kai sat on the porch.

There, he kept snapping his fingers and teleported from a random spot in the house and back to the porch. Every time an image of Seri pops up in his mind, he ends up in her bedroom. That has been his activity the entire afternoon. ‘Damn it! When are they coming back? I don’t have anyone to play with. Aish!' he flicked his fingers again and appeared sitting crossed leg on the porch.

“KAI!!!” a high pitched voice rang through the front yard. His head shot up and saw Seri skipping away from Tao’s arm and moving towards him. “MY GRUMPY KAI!!! ANNYEONG!!!” she beamed while frantically waving to him.

But then she tripped along the way.

“WATCH OUT!” Tao reached out a hand. In a snap of a finger, Kai appeared in front of her and caught her by the waist just before landing face first on the ground.

A loud gasp escaped as she crashed on his chest instead. “I got you…” he whispered.

“T-Thanks…” he looked up to him.

“Are you okay?” Tao caught up with them.

“Neh…” she forced a smile.

“Be careful next time, ara?” he ruffled her hair and took a quick glance at Kai who still kept his arms around her, then back to Seri. “I’ll go ahead and see gege…” he smiled.

“Okay!”

As Tao walked passed them, Kai caught sight of a glistening pendant dangling on his neck which perfectly matched the one’s from Seri’s necklace. His clutch around her tightened and given his super strength, Seri slowly loses her breath. Even the pendant he was staring at almost melted from his burning stare.

“K-Kai…” she squirmed. “I-I can’t breathe…”

The distraction hanging from her neck and the twinge in his guts filled his mind with irritation. He forgot about the petite girl in his hands struggling from him. “K-Kai…” she panted hard. “Let go… P-please…” she breathed.

When Seri flinched making the pendant sway, Kai snapped out of trance. “Oh my God, I’m so sorry… !!!” he hissed and released her. “I’m really sorry! Oh God! !” he panicked.

Kai started shaking her while examining her from head to toe. “Forgive me, Seri! I didn’t know what got into me…”

“Hey! Stop!” she firmly gripped his wrists. “Kai, I’m okay! I’m fine!” she smiled.

He heaved a sigh and looked at her with apologetic eyes. “Miahnae…”

“Stop apologizing, will ya!” Come! I have something for you!” she tugged him towards the porch and they sat.

Seri took out two multi colored bracelets from the pocket of her hoodie which was made out of knotted embroidery floss. “One for you…” she took his wrist and tied it around. “Uwaaa~ Yeppeoda… And one for me!” she reached out her wrist to him.

“What?” he stared at her hand.

“Tie it around my wrist just like what I did to you… Ppalli!” she kicked his foot.

Kai took the bracelet and carefully tied it on her.

“These are called friendship bracelets and I made it myself during art class!” she smiled and flailed her hand in the air while Kai stared at the colored threads around his wrist. It felt light on him and looked simple but it in his eyes, it sparkled and came off very valuable.

“Seri?” he spoke.

“Hmmm?” she lowered her hand and pressed her cheek on her bent knees to face him.

Kai kept staring at his wrist while poking his new accessory. “Why did you give me this? Aren’t you supposed to give this to Tao? Or is it because you already have that pendant…”

“Ehh? What are you talking about?” her brows furrowed and Kai remained silent so she closed the gap between them. “Hey…” he elbowed his arm. “Are you jealous of Tao?”

He turned his head and looked at Seri. “Jealous? What’s that?”

“Aigooo~ It’s that feeling of heat in your stomach every time you see someone close to you with another person.” she wiggled her eyebrows with lips curling.

“I guess you can call it that…” he murmured and looked back to his bracelet.

Seri chuckled and opened her palm in front of him. “Give me your hand.” Kai hesitated at first but later placed his palm on top of hers. Seri laced their fingers together and filled every gap. “In my book, there’s no such thing as jealousy between friends. Some people are just equally special in someone’s heart.” she gripped his hand while he stared at her. “I’m holding on to your right now because of the things you’ve done for me and who you are in my life.” she then reached out her free hand to his cheek. “I’m telling you that I’m the biggest coward there is, but I’ll do my best to be there for you.”

Kai felt like he just won the biggest battle in his life. His very purpose for existence came flooding into him, and wondered how he lived without it for so long. An overwhelming passion and joy filled his chest. An indescribable tingling sensation ate up his spine.

With all the positive emotion rocking his system, he released her hand and embraced her. “Do you really mean that?”

Seri froze with arms hanging on her side. “Ermmm… O-Of course!” she slowly raised her arms and circled it around his back. “I wouldn’t trade my grumpiest and meanest bad boy for the world.” she chuckled.

‘At least now I know I’m special to you. Thank you, Seri-ah’ he closed his eyes and squeezed her tighter.

“K-Kai… I can’t breathe~” she gasped.

“Ooppsss! Miahn…” he gently pushed her and held her shoulders. “And I wouldn’t share my clumsiest and cowardly cute girl to anyone in this world.” he smiled brightly with his tongue sticking out.

“I don’t think Tao will be happy about that.” she chuckled.

“Well, I can make an exception for him since you said that we’re equal…” he smirked. “Thanks for this by the way!” he raised his wrist.

“You’re welcome!” she pinched his cheeks. “Don’t lose it! Coz if you do, you’ll never see me ever again!” she scrunched her face.

“Seriously?” she nodded. “Oh ! I have to glue this to my skin then?” he turned to the door and was about to leave when Seri grabbed his arm.

“Babo! You don’t have to do that. Just don’t lose it!” she smiled.

“I won’t! Promise!”