DO, The Baker

Two Moons

The three of you headed straight to the bakeshop. You opened the door and Sehun sniffed the air. “Uwaaa~ That smell got me to you noona! Mmmm…” he walked in and so did DO who took a fighting stance when the door chime rang.

“Easy DO… It’s just an instrument to let us know that someone came in.” you patted his back.

“Oh!” he straightened up.

“Anyway! Put those on!” you each tossed them an apron. “You wear it like this!” you wrapped it around your waist and they followed. “Then, come here!” they went behind the counter. “These are called mooncakes. Here, try some!” you picked one from the display case and raised it towards their mouths. They took a bite and their eyes widened in an instant.

“Wow! This is so good! You made these?” DO grinned.

“Mhmmm…” you nodded. “For today, I want you to observe everything I do, okay?” they raised a thumb.

Then came Shin. “Good morning, my love!” he greeted brightly with arms stretched out.

It instantly dropped upon seeing DO and Sehun glaring at him, ready to rip his throat. “Love? Dude, I may not be from around here, but I definitely know what it means!” Sehun gritted his teeth.

“Relax Sehun! He’s my bestfriend Shin and your hyung! So be nice to him!” you pointed a finger to his face. “DO! If you want to learn a lot about this shop, be nice to him as well!” you shot him a stare.

“Neehhhh~” they softened.

Shin crossed his arms and stood with feet apart. “Sehee-ah, come over here!” he demanded and you walked to him. “Who are they?” his voice deepened.

You turned to the boys and gestured your hand to come over. “Shin, this is my brother, Sehun!” you grabbed their hands and made them shake.

“Brother? You’re kidding me, right?” he looked away. “We’ve been friends since we learned how to talk and you never had one!” he gripped Sehun’s hand.

“I am her brother! So better believe it!” Given his superhuman ability, Shin’s hand could almost crush when Sehun gripped him back.

You quickly slapped his wrist.

Sehun released Shin and averted his gaze to DO.

“He’s DO, Sehun’s friend.” you said.

“Annyeong haseyo! Nice to meet you!” he bowed and Shin also bowed. “Nice to meet you too!”

“See Sehun? If you’re nice to other people, you’ll be rewarded as such.” you lightly punched his arm.

“How should I know?” he scowled.

You turned and went back to the counter. “Let’s get back to work, shall we?” they all agreed.

Sehun and DO were all smiles watching you and Shin move around the shop. When customers came in, they all gawked at two handsome boys behind you. The ahjummas and halmeonis were delighted to see the new faces and before you knew it, swarms of girls came in as well.

“Should I be insulted that I was here for so long that they didn’t even look at me that way?” Shin whispered.

“Don’t be, Shin! Remember that you still have that neighborhood heartthrob title under your belt. They just like the new eye candies.” you chuckled.

“Right~” he rolled his eyes and turned to DO. “Come with me. I’m teaching you how to make these treats!”

“YES!” he clapped his hand and skipped to the kitchen.

“Sehun-ah, come over here!” you called. “You wrap their choices, I handle the payments.”

“Neh!” he replied.

Everything went smoothly. DO would come out refilling the display case and baskets while Sehun talked to the customers and giving them their orders. The boys however would sometimes snatch small sized mooncakes and shove it whole in their mouths.

“Yah! That’s your fifth already! Aren’t you getting tired of it?” you raised an eyebrow to Sehun with cheeks about to blow.

“I can’t noona. It’s so good!” he mumbled.

“Aigooo~ He’s such a cute boy. New employee, Sehee?” asked an ahjumma.

“Aniyo! He’s my baby brother!” you messed his hair.

“Noona! Don’t call me that!” he whispered while blushing.

“He’s pretty like his noona!” she added and Sehun handed her bag.

“Kamsahamnida! Come again!” Sehun bowed.

When the customers cleared, you went to the kitchen. There you saw DO with dusts of flour on his face and hair, and hands smothered in dough. ‘I bet he’s thinking of fighting in wars rather than fighting with eggs.’ you snorted. “Shin! DO! Sehun and I will just go out for a bit! Are you guys gonna be okay?”

“Of course!” Shin smirked.

DO however find everything educating. “Sure! I’ll just be here!”

“Okay then!” you went back to the counter and removed your apron. “Sehun-ah, let’s go! We have some shopping to do!”